Anime is animazing
255   12

How DO they do it?

• Toonami Banned

Animazing, I see what you did there. What's your top 5? I'll think of mine and come back.

I have to think about it, but probably:

1. Monster
    2. Now and Then, Here and There
    3. Neon Genesis Evangelion
    4. Robotech
    5. Death Note

• Toonami Banned

I've never seen #2 or 4 but that's a good list. Mine would be something like:

1. Steins;Gate
    2. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    3. Attack on Titan
    4. Detective Conan/Case Closed
    5. Shiki

Hey that's funny, I actually just started watching Steins;Gate. A little late to the party on that one. Wow I might have to speed through it if you think it's that good! I've been going at a very casual pace. An episode every couple of days or so because there are so many other things I'm doing.

FMA: Brotherhood... Well I never liked FMA, so it'd be nowhere near my top 5. Ah Attack on Titan is really good. I don't think it's even Top 15 for me though. Case Closed... Never was a fan. I've never seen Shiki. Do you highly recommend it?

#2 NTHT is one of the best anime ever! I highly recommend it and it's not all that long, either twelve or thirteen episodes. It's anime that I can watch over and over again and it still feels like I'm watching it for the first time, provided that I'm not watching it over and over again within the same week.

#4 RT is old and I really mean the Macross Saga (the first of the three story arcs that make up the series) when I say Robotech. It's an 80s cartoon, so you might be turned off by its age (I dunno how you feel about that). For me, it's a show that I was neutral to in my early childhood days, but that grew on me later on in life. When I rewatched it in its entirety as a HS sophomore circa ten years ago, that's when I really was able to appreciate what I didn't see as a young boy.

• Toonami Banned

With Monster and Death Note in your list I think you might like Shiki. It's a story driven suspense/horror.

Oh Macross, I've seen Macross Frontier and will watch the old series one of these days. I will look into NTHT.

• SwimSage Banned

Zenigundam said:

How DO they do it?

alt text

I'll post my top 5 also then. No specific order and it changes sometimes.
    Gankutsuou
    Beck
    Macross (japanese or Robotech version)
    Baccano!
    Fantastic Children

Yeah I might have to watch Shiki sometime. It'll probably be a long time before I get around to doing it though.

Macross Plus is a great series. I would recommend it as well. I've never seen Macross though. I have a preference for dubbed anime and I know ADV dubbed it a while back, but I still haven't watched it for a number of reasons. (Adds this to his to-do list)

Just about everybody who watches it ends up loving NTHT. I recall there being a small pacing issue, but I think it's one of those anime that appeals to a really broad audience of people. Even people who have never watched anime before would probably love it if they were introduced to it.

Ah very interesting list there, Ric.

I haven't seen Gankutsuou, Fantastic Children, or Macross, but Beck and Baccano! are pretty good, although they probably wouldn't be in my Top 20 list.

• SwimSage Banned

You pretty much have since you've seen Robotech, they're not all that different. Yeah I'm not sure if Baccano would be in my top 5 if I gave it a lot of though, came up with that in like 30 seconds.

I need to watch Now and Then, Here and There again. It's been a long time.

• Toonami Banned

It sounds interesting enough, since it's so short maybe I'll watch NTHT after I finish Code Geass.

• Toonami Banned

Beck is on my to watch list also.