When that voice in your head tells you you're nothing...
547   22

• SwimParagon

...and all you want to do is fire it out of a cannon into the sun, it's just not fun.

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• IB

whatevah..

• SwimParagon

I'd prefer not to burn things.

• IB

can't knock it 'till you try it ._.

whatevah..

• Thunder Goddess

Just one voice? Where's the challenge in that?

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish
    "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" -- Stephen Wright

• SwimParagon

You haven't met this voice, have you? It's rather persistent, despite everything I do to prove it wrong. Besides, I don't want a challenge anymore...

• Banned

I'm not privy to those psychosomatic episodes...sorry

We think we can make honey without sharing in the fate of bees, but we are in truth nothing but poor bees, destined to accomplish our task and then die.

• SwimParagon

Consider yourself lucky.

• Banned

Mmk

We think we can make honey without sharing in the fate of bees, but we are in truth nothing but poor bees, destined to accomplish our task and then die.

• Thunder Goddess

Actually, it's a hallucination, not a psychosomatic issue.

• Banned

Ah but I thought hallucinating was more of a mix of psychosomatic and visual aid

• Helper

Anytime the voice gets too big for it's surroundings, I just challenge it to open a damn door if it's so much better than me.

Who has the opposable thumbs in this party?
    <-- this crazy person right here!

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• SwimElder

Or hide in bed and try not to feel numb

• SwimNinja

I don't think it's really a hallucination unless she is hearing like a outside voice belonging to someone else. Other wise if it's her own mind telling her she sucks it's just cognitive distortions.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• Thunder Goddess

No. Hallucinations can be visual, auditory, tactile, or a combination, and unless caused by delirium or intoxication aren't usually considered to be a physical issue.

Psychosomatic symptoms are what the name says - mind/body. Things like hypertension and some autoimmune diseases (actually, there's a pretty long list) can be exacerbated by stress. Also, stress and depression can cause thing like headaches and body aches. The pain is real, as the result of the interplay of body and mind.

• Thunder Goddess

You're right; my point is that it's not psychosomatic.

• SwimParagon

katt_goddess said:

Anytime the voice gets too big for it's surroundings, I just challenge it to open a damn door if it's so much better than me.

How do I give you more than one upvote for this post? I actually feel better now. Thanks!

• Helper

PerfectFlowingHair said:

katt_goddess said:

How do I give you more than one upvote for this post? I actually feel better now. Thanks!

I'm happy with one.

Any more than that from any single person might make the voices in my head jealous enough to actually open that door.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• SwimParagon

katt_goddess said:

PerfectFlowingHair said:

katt_goddess said:

I'm happy with one.

Any more than that from any single person might make the voices in my head jealous enough to actually open that door.

Psh. I'll upvote your headvoices too.

Not my headvoice though. Only downvotes for that killjoy.

Nah. I just deal with it. It's usually okay and works out.

• Banned

Ah alright then