Guy breaks Ghostbusters review embargo.
7926   95

• Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Pvk70Gx6c

He could be in a lot of legal hot water over this. But he's still doing the Lord's Work.

Apparently every man in the movie is depicted as an idiot or a creep and the final villain is defeated by shooting him in the dick with their Proton Packs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOieWN28BlE

So yea, this is going to be an internet shit show for a while.

• Banned

Proton Pack MMA. Yeah, awesome.

F**k these hoes.

You were banned. It fills you with determination

• Banned

Movie sucks

• Banned

Oh for f**ks sake

• Banned

I really hope this movie bombs so hard that Paul Feig's career is ruined and Amy Pascal loses her job.

Hail to the king.

• SwimDandy

He went to jail for our sins.

• Assy McGee Banned

Now I'm excited to see how hard this tanks.

Oh f**k, wait. Foreign markets.

• Banned

You didn't hear? This isn't getting released in China. There's no Warcraft level Hail Mary for this.

• Assy McGee Banned

Teehee.

• Banned

Jman1337 said:

You didn't hear? This isn't getting released in China. There's no Warcraft level Hail Mary for this.

Chinese culture is not comfortable with death.

They even made warcraft change the name of Deathwing to something that translates into "fadewing" for one of the WOW expansions.

Is that why they won't release it? Because of ghosts?

• Banned

Are you making that up.....It sounds like you're making that up.

• Banned

CyberBully360 said:

Oh for f**ks sake

And it's a horrible 3D version of Marshmallow Man at that!

Yea, as Stilgar said, this needs to end more than a few careers. The first of which being whichever ILM animators created these effects. They look like that Brendan Fraser Looney Toons movie.

• Banned

"This is the conflict facing Universal with Crimson Peak, a film that flopped stateside, but the studio was hoping could pull in international box office, similar to Guillermo del Toro’s previous film, Pacific Rim. However, as THR reports, China has a “no ghost rule” because “China’s official censorship guidelines prohibit films that ‘promote cults or superstition.’” Before you ridicule them, keep in mind that in the U.S. we stop teenagers from seeing movies if people say “F**k” more than once."

Apparently .... China IS afraid of the ghosts.

• Banned

They wanted this to be a trilogy where the second one has the gate keeper and the key master and the third had gozer. And people were mad that the hobbit was turned into three movies.

Hail to the king.

• Banned

Well, these things do come in threes.

• King Of the Hill Banned

...ouch.

I was never going to care about this movie to begin with, but now I want it to fail. Of course, I'm too misanthropic to really give a shit.

Mondays & Fridays: Girl's High
    Wednesdays: Squid Girl
    Random days: Re:ZERO

Twitter | Tumblr | Steamy | Content ratings | Something cool!

• Banned

Also there is supposed to be a slimer kids movie. But, if the gods are on our side this movie will fücking bomb and none of the other ones will be made.

Hail to the king.

• Banned

I don't know who the natural audience is supposed to be for this movie. The teenage lesbians they're trying to placate don't care about Ghostbusters, and anyone old enough to have the franchise mean something to them are just going to be annoyed by all this nonsense. It reminds me a lot of Lone Ranger, which also flopped because apparently the film industry believes that nostalgia and brand recognition will sell anything no matter how you mangle it.

• Banned

Hasn't the film industry always thought that? From what I've seen, the main reason this movie was made was to fück over Ivan Reitman as much as possible.

Hail to the king.

• Banned

It's a lot like the Robocop remake. Why bother? You're trying to do a remake of a movie that's basically perfect.

If you want to do Ghostbusters 3 and try and continue the story somehow, ok maybe.

But a full on reboot? No one's gonna swallow that.

• Banned

brian_boru said:

Hasn't the film industry always thought that? From what I've seen, the main reason this movie was made was to fück over Ivan Reitman as much as possible.

We didn't always have this situation where all media is nothing but the exhumed corpses of long buried franchises. Michael Bay basically doesn't do any work outside of making movies about 80's cartoons.

Anyway, I always thought the criticism of this movie was overly focused on the supposed anti-male sexism and not on just how generally crummy it looked, but now that I know the climax consists of the 4 female protagonists shooting the male franchise logo in the dick I might need to reconsider. The point of a dog whistle is that only a segment of people are supposed to hear it. That's the sort of subtlety that one would expect from Donald Trump working as a screenwriter.