making strides but my brain is frying out
2516   61

• Swimuminati

the theme of the wedding these are for is sort of a shabby chic boho kind of thing and is in a finished barn.

these are part of the table centerpieces i've been working on. i still need to attach straw around the tops of the bottles and jars. things i am stuck on regarding these arrangements:

do i match them with tin coffee cans, fill them with babys breath, and also pair up with larger led candle?

or

do i match them up with mason jars filled with water and baby's breath/or twig like pieces of branches, with a floating led tealight candle on top?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/firefly24/Mobile Uploads/2016-07-10 00.48.57_zpsffdv5s3k.jpg

these are to be strung up from the rafters. i have 10 more and as you can see in the picture three are without floral. do i attach floral to the now 13 that are without? or do i leave some plain for more diversity? (i still have the floral to do it)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/firefly24/Mobile Uploads/2016-07-10 11.32.11_zpswwujye3t.jpg

do i decorate these block letters or are they good to go as is? they will be on either, the cake table or the guest book table.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/firefly24/Mobile Uploads/2016-07-10 11.33.37_zpsfzlggz3e.jpg

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.

Interesting
    What part is this for?
    The shower or the actual wedding
    Were you talking about this before already?

• Swimuminati

the wedding is on the 23rd >.<

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?

Firefly24 said:

the wedding is on the 23rd >.<

Family, friend or client?
    Are you a wedding planner now?

• SwimParagon

Mason jars if Southern, coffee cans otherwise. What you've got so far feels southern to me, so I vote mason jars.

I'd go floral everything, but seeing some no-floral mixed in with what you have looks pretty dang good. Go for the diversity.

Those letters NEED decoration. I know you're going for "shabby" but yeesh. What you have right now is just bland. Add SOMETHING. >.<

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• Swimuminati

lol, no, i'm not. truth be told though, the event life is probably something i should be looking to do professionally. i have a track record of volunteering to do so anyways. TEDx conventions, weddings, baby showers, homegrown festivals, fundraisers, birthday parties, local music concerts, and beaux arts balls (did not just want to put balls down, lol.)

this is for a wedding i am in. it is two of my bestest friends weddings. i am in charge of half of the decor and also making jewelry for the wedding party.

Firefly24 said:

lol, no, i'm not. truth be told though, the event life is probably something i should be looking to do professionally. i have a track record of volunteering to do so anyways. TEDx conventions, weddings, baby showers, homegrown festivals, fundraisers, birthday parties, local music concerts, and beaux arts balls (did not just want to put balls down, lol.)

this is for a wedding i am in. it is two of my bestest friends weddings. i am in charge of half of the decor and also making jewelry for the wedding party.

Oh okay now that I have some context helps me understand
    I felt like maybe there was another thread you had posted i missed about this

• Swimuminati

PerfectFlowingHair said:

Mason jars if Southern, coffee cans otherwise. What you've got so far feels southern to me, so I vote mason jars.

I'd go floral everything, but seeing some no-floral mixed in with what you have looks pretty dang good. Go for the diversity.

Those letters NEED decoration. I know you're going for "shabby" but yeesh. What you have right now is just bland. Add SOMETHING. >.<

the place where the wedding is being held is where i live in West Michigan. it is sort of odd for those have never been to picture, but it is a pretty solid mix of a port city with stretches of sandy beaches, urban city life, farm land, and deep woods. just depends on which direction you want to drive for 5-20 minutes. lol.

how should the letters be decorated? i want to stay away from making them floral. so should i just paint them?

Your thread title sounds like it could be made into a punk rock song

"Making strides but my brain is frying out!" (guitar riff)

• SwimParagon

As much as I want to see you use the Mason jars {southern chick here}, they'd be a bit out of place in Michigan. Coffee cans it is!

You've got a pastel theme going already, so stick with that. There's a lot of blues and pinks and a tiny bit of green on the centerpieces. Part of me wants to work a bit of purple and yellow in, but that'll just make the letters look like Easter. And anything else would clash. {Though you could likely get away with purple OR yellow, just not both.} If you have spares, you could try a few different colors and designs and see what works. Or just put some color strips next to each other on a white paper plate. It's kinda hard for me to visualize without anything in front of me, sooooo... hope this helps enough!

i would go with the coffee cans (seeing that this is yankee)

although the mason jars sound cool too.

coffee cans.

also..those letters...have you thought about 'white wash' then using some floral

appliques?

we are all caught in the wordbox
    Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• Swimuminati

PerfectFlowingHair said:

As much as I want to see you use the Mason jars {southern chick here}, they'd be a bit out of place in Michigan. Coffee cans it is!

You've got a pastel theme going already, so stick with that. There's a lot of blues and pinks and a tiny bit of green on the centerpieces. Part of me wants to work a bit of purple and yellow in, but that'll just make the letters look like Easter. And anything else would clash. {Though you could likely get away with purple OR yellow, just not both.} If you have spares, you could try a few different colors and designs and see what works. Or just put some color strips next to each other on a white paper plate. It's kinda hard for me to visualize without anything in front of me, sooooo... hope this helps enough!

the colors are neutral with accents of blush and blue, i don't really have free reign on adding extra as it won't match anything else.

i'm not sure what you mean by the mason jars thing. preserving, canning, and whatever has always been a staple in Michigan cuz like i said, a shit ton of farm land and deep backwoods folk. if you go to any thrift shop you'll see isles and isles of mason jars. the grocery stores even have large amounts of them and 40% of what you can buy at the farmers market are products in mason jars.

i think because a lot of people associate mason jars with the south.

drinking moonshine etx.

i like the mason jar with the tea light idea. more..

i think i would like to see both really. is there a way to do both to get a

better opinion?

Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• Swimuminati

discolemonade said:

i would go with the coffee cans (seeing that this is yankee)

although the mason jars sound cool too.

coffee cans.

also..those letters...have you thought about 'white wash' then using some floral

appliques?

lol, i seriously don't understand the mason jar thing and it not being a Michigan thing to other people.

i am starting to think i should just do some sort of distressed paint on it. i could maybe do some floral spilling out of the letters though. idk. i was trying to keep them relatively simple but i could give myself some sort of visual aide for that without permanently attaching items yet.

• SwimParagon

Whelp. I'm outta ideas then. But, yeah, simply painting the letters with a basic design will help a lot. {I'm no designer, so I can't really help with specifics. Just helping with what I find appealing.}

@discolemonade she doesn't really want to make the letters floral, so your appliqué idea wouldn't work.

And yeah, I didn't know Mason jars were such a thing up north. Sounds like they'd work. But, my brain's fried from this decision now. XD

hey..i'm a yankee. that learned how to preserve. and yes..we used mason jars.

but for some reason people associate mason jars with the south. sweet tea, moonshine, etc.

i really like the mason jar idea.

when i first looked i thought coffee can...but..the tea light...i think would make it a bit special.

the paint on the letter ..yes, distressed = white wash i'd use a white wash..then maybe take a doillie and blot

a different color throught the doillie to get that pattern

PerfectFlowingHair said:

Whelp. I'm outta ideas then. But, yeah, simply painting the letters with a basic design will help a lot. {I'm no designer, so I can't really help with specifics. Just helping with what I find appealing.}

@discolemonade she doesn't really want to make the letters floral, so your appliqué idea wouldn't work.

And yeah, I didn't know Mason jars were such a thing up north. Sounds like they'd work. But, my brain's fried from this decision now. XD

oh..i missed that bit about the non floral letter.

well...i would go with the 2ply sponge paint. like...iono...a sand color..then a bit darker with a sponge.

• SwimParagon

discolemonade said:

PerfectFlowingHair said:

well...i would go with the 2ply sponge paint. like...iono...a sand color..then a bit darker with a sponge.

Sounds like a design! Splash in the blue and pink and we've got us some letters!

PerfectFlowingHair said:

discolemonade said:

PerfectFlowingHair said:

Sounds like a design! Splash in the blue and pink and we've got us some letters!

YES!

• Swimuminati

discolemonade said:

hey..i'm a yankee. that learned how to preserve. and yes..we used mason jars.

but for some reason people associate mason jars with the south. sweet tea, moonshine, etc.

i really like the mason jar idea.

when i first looked i thought coffee can...but..the tea light...i think would make it a bit special.

the paint on the letter ..yes, distressed = white wash i'd use a white wash..then maybe take a doillie and blot

a different color throught the doillie to get that pattern

this is actually a really good idea, the paint and doily as a stencil thing. see, this is why i asked, i knew someone would provide help!

and yeah, sweet tea isn't much of a thing here but moonshine is still pretty prevalent away from the big cities and canning always! got to get through them harsh ass winters, keke. the further north or north central you get, the more you see of those things people generally associate with southern or deep woods mountain type living.

hahaha, my caregivers father makes a scary ass hash moonshine. it's the strangest thing ever and hits you like a ton of bricks.

no worries.

OH..i meant to say way back up there. these decorations are completely adorable.

i love the rustic look.

great job!