Story I heard about the new Pokemon game
203   14

• SwimPeanut

When you have five or six people clustered, playing a Pokemon battle on their cell phones, it creates a "hot spot" for the game, alerting other players to join in.
    Problem: Crooks are taking advantage. They'd get into battle with the game, just to lure victims for robbery... or worse. It's like, your phone says there's a hot spot on the corner of Fifth and Lehigh, so you go there and... surprise, six people with knives and clubs are there to take your wallet.

If you want to pick THAT type out of a crowd, just look for the festering scabs on their elbows.

• Swimuminati

i just keep wondering when someone is going to wander into traffic

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.

• Banned

The reason im not playing is that my neighborhood is way too dangerous. Im not walking around with a $600 phone out in the open.

• SwimPeanut

I can't even imagine what a $600 phone does. If I pay that much for one, I'd expect it to get up on its own and do all my house chores.

If you want to pick THAT type out of a crowd, just look for the festering scabs on their elbows.

• Swimuminati

that isn't the only danger with wandering around with your face in your expensive phone

my brothers friend literally walked straight into a sprinkler and ruined his brand new phone

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?

• Helper

Firefly24 said:

I've been saying this since someone explained to me what Pokemon Go is.

I mean people already get themselves killed taking selfies, this is just asking for trouble.

EMPRESS OF FANGURLZ

• Banned

This thread is stupid

You were banned. It fills you with determination

• SwimPeanut

Up until now, the responses have been on point.

Maybe you should have 6 of your friends with knives to fight them back?

• Swimuminati

Cille said:

Firefly24 said:

I mean people already get themselves killed taking selfies, this is just asking for trouble.

i will say that it is nice that people are actually getting out because of it. and randomly meeting each other as well. it's just a little sad that it took a game app to do it. still i hope there is far more positive than negative to it.

• SwimNinja

That's not how the game works, you can't battle anywhere but gyms which are in predefined locations. You can set up lures but again in predefined locations and other players can use the lures but from what I have seen it doesn't send out a message calling people to it.

I've only seen one story of a robbery, and it was originally from a satire site so wasn't real.

Some kid did find a dead body playing it though.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• SwimNinja

Cille said:

Firefly24 said:

Ingress is basically the same game and has been out for a few years. I assume if a lot of people were being killed playing it they would of taken it off the app store.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

1938_Packard said:

When you have five or six people clustered, playing a Pokemon battle on their cell phones, it creates a "hot spot" for the game, alerting other players to join in.
    Problem: Crooks are taking advantage. They'd get into battle with the game, just to lure victims for robbery... or worse. It's like, your phone says there's a hot spot on the corner of Fifth and Lehigh, so you go there and... surprise, six people with knives and clubs are there to take your wallet.

No they are putting lures on pokespots that attracts a lot of people and they steal from places with cover of a large group to get lost in

Firefly24 said:

Cille said:

Firefly24 said:

i will say that it is nice that people are actually getting out because of it. and randomly meeting each other as well. it's just a little sad that it took a game app to do it. still i hope there is far more positive than negative to it.

I highly doubt it because it doesn't really involved looking at your phone 24/7
    Just leave it open cross the street once you are done look at your phone
    It vibrates when new pokemon appear