Wan Piss: Was Luffy using haki in Alabasta ?
407   13

So i just rewatched Aribasta cuz my internet is shit.
    In the final battle with crocodile Luffy is supposedly using his blood to hit crocodile...
    But there cant be enough blood to hit him.
    At one point even Crocodile says "He cant be using..." and then they continue to fight.
    Then he asks Luffy how he is able to fight so mucyh and how is he so strong all of a sudden.
    With Luffy even saying something along the lines of "I dont know"
    What Im wondering is... Was Luffy using haki then?
    I mean of course we could be assholes and say Hurr Oda didnt know about Haki then!
    But its already been said that people who dont kn ow about haki cant really see it.
    Same goes for Zoro with his fight against Das bones.
    When the building was falling on him, he said he could feel each brick falling as if they were a life.
    He then later goes on to say that he wants to be able to have that ability whenever he can, but he cant yet...
    That very well could be observation haki too.

Iono maybe im just being a weeb.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• IB Banned

Yea I think you went full weeb.

If you're not talking about DBZ to your friends IRL and you're talking about anything else - you've gone full weeb.

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:
    > IB's last thread was by Viperslayer

Zolo*

Not Zoro. Thought you were a real One Piece fan.

Aside from my closest friends and my peeps online... People dont know how deep a weaboo I am.
    like they know about it, cuz I joke about being a weeaboo and making fun of anyone who likes the same things I like.
    But for the most part, most people think im a "normal" person.
    Jesus christ... how horrifying.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

Zenigundam said:

Zolo*

Not Zoro. Thought you were a real One Piece fan.

http://i.imgur.com/ZPXIw.jpg

I hear he is like a Samurai.
    and that nami is a L.A.D.Y. who is not shy.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Helper

I ate at a ramen restaurant wearing a Silver Spoon t-shirt on Saturday. We joked the entire time about how weeb it was. :D

I consoled myself knowing that probably nobody has ever heard of Silver Spoon or would recognize my shirt as an anime logo.

But um Zoro is hot and yeah haki why not. Oda plans his shiz in advance so he probably had it all worked out.

EMPRESS OF FANGURLZ

Hell man... Ive only heard of that manga Silver Spoon, let alone read or watched it.
    So its probably pretty hidden power level stuff.
    but thats the kinda shit I prefer.
    I have a couple hidden power level shirts that i wear when i go out.
    If someone is in the know, then ive had a couple instances of "oh man nice shirt" or "oh I know where thats from" kinda thing.
    but for those who dont know, its a normal looking shirt... Not some horrible LOOK AN ANIME CHARACTER ON THE FRONT WITH THE ANIME'S NAME TOO! on it kinda shit.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Helper

Silver Spoon is good times. It has cows in it so I was pretty much required to like it, but I was impressed at how genuinely they portrayed farm life. And the story and character interactions are fun too.

This shirt is definitely under-the-radar type weeb fashion. It basically looks like a Starbucks logo with a cow on it.

EMPRESS OF FANGURLZ

• Helper

OH GAWD HOT TOPIC SELLS IT.

Well they did, it's sold out now. Somehow I feel my weeb cred diminishing. Or is it hipster weeb cred? Anyway. It's a nice shirt.

Zoro was a cow once.

EMPRESS OF FANGURLZ

• Helper

I'd never thought about Luffy in that battle before, but you might be right, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Oda had dropped a tiny bit of foreshadowing in there. I think Zoro's case was definitely the first signs of observation haki, since like he said it's something that he had no conscious ability to control yet.

• Helper

He could have. I have always said it is a miracle he ever defeated Crocodile.

Important links:
    Chats Notifications Users Markdown
    Don't make me call Big T to get you.

• Banned

Interesting theory, I'll have to rewatch to see. :P

Well I just found it strange how Luffy had to like completely douse himself with water in order to make contact with the logia of Croc.
    The amount of blood wouldnt be enough.
    That paired with even Croc being baffled by how luffy is hitting him, and his already well established knowledge of the new world made me think maybe haki.
    I read several places people saying that Zoro may or may not be haki, or maybe some sort of precursor like Tekkai with armament Haki.
    But I havent seen peeps talking about Luffy... Like I just dont buy the whole blood thing personally.
    i mean im more than likely looking too deep into things... but still.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.