Re Zero discussion thread *spoilers*
15380   221

Been wondering why we don't have one of these yet.

The lack of a Re: Zero discussion thread makes my brain tremble!

alt text

This show has cycles... i think thats the point.
    MC meets people, makes friends, horrible thing happens, mc dies, mc comes back to save the day, mc meets new friends, horrible things happen, mc dies, mc comes back to save the day...
    I dun care.
    Blue is better than Red.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

Also

Who wants to bet Emelia is the jealous witch or something from the past and thats why MC has this power cuz she gave it to him in the future or some BS like that.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

Yeah, Rem is better than Ram, but Stilgar beat me to the punch.

• Banned

The last few episodes have been tough on me.

Hail to the king.

I dunno, though. Subaru's only saved things by notifying people of things. He gets destroyed badly on his own.

Theyre both good doe.
    Ram is just overlooked right now cuz Rem is getting all the time with MC.
    I wanna know what kinky shit Ram does with the Count.
    I love characters like the Count.
    The flamboyant wa ha ha kinda guys who are OP as f**k, but so OP they dont really play a role in things otherwise shit would be done yesterday.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Banned

;)

Hail to the king.

• Banned

Actually, I chose Rem after you had your Ram icon.

Hail to the king.

brian_boru said:

The last few episodes have been tough on me.

Like when i got into this show I didnt expect a lot of this.
    I was marathoning the series to catch up...
    In one night I was gonna watch 1-12 or something like that.
    I was too tired to continue, so i thought I was gonna call it a night.

Then Ram killed the MC and then the MC was so heartbroken that I felt it too. I honestly didnt expect that to be so heart crushing to me. I dunno if its cuz Ive made new friends recently so the idea of all of these people who I think are friendly having to turn their back on me hurt? I doubt its that. Prolly more along the lines of I ship Ram and MC.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

naraku360 said:

I dunno, though. Subaru's only saved things by notifying people of things. He gets destroyed badly on his own.

He still puts himself out there on the front lines.
    I love MCs who arent that powerful, but still put themselves out there.
    hell, I think I like those MCs more than the OP ones who just mow through every enemy.
    it makes the fights more tense and real for me.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Banned

I tend to ship everyone with the MC but that's just my preference.

Hail to the king.

UncivillyPandaKa said:

Also

Who wants to bet Emelia is the jealous witch or something from the past and thats why MC has this power cuz she gave it to him in the future or some BS like that.

Yesterday's ep was implying

The witch created Emillia. The giant cat thing was presumably the witch and referred to someone as their "daughter", so the theory is that it was talking anout Emillia. Though I've heard people theorize that it might be Puck, possibly even Puck=Witch..

Well MC does deserve it.
    Hes a real cool guy.
    Hes gone through all sorts of hell, but hes still able to smile and crack jokes for the most part.
    He never tries to be a burden on people, when he has pretty much no fighting prowess and a power that kinda is lame if you look at it from far away.
    Like I said, this kinda MC are my personal favorites.
    Actual heroic figures who have to face impossible odds with their will alone.

I really loved it when MC jumped off the cliff to kill himself and save the twins. That was something I was saying the whole time, and I didnt know if he was gonna actually do it. When he accepted his fate and ran towards a future where he can help... i thought that was pretty cool.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

brian_boru said:

Actually, I chose Rem after you had your Ram icon.

Really? I thought you had the demon Rem icon a few days before I picked this.

naraku360 said:

UncivillyPandaKa said:

Also

The witch created Emillia. The giant cat thing was presumably the witch and referred to someone as their "daughter", so the theory is that it was talking anout Emillia. Though I've heard people theorize that it might be Puck, possibly even Puck=Witch..

Im still thinking

Emelia is the witch, that giant cat is Puck. I mean its kinda odd how there are half elves and such, but its just bad for Emelia cuz she looks JUST LIKE the witch. Seems too off. But the idea of her being the daughter is kinda cool too. But then why would she summon MC and give him this power?

Another thing im wondering about

That cultist mentioned if MC was Sloth? Was that his like style, or is there some sort of 7 deadly sins kinda thing going on here too. Where different followers of the witch with her blessing are called by specific sins.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Banned

I too like that kind of MC as well. I don't think I'd like this show nearly as much if he was op as fück. Although he may become that later on but I'm ok with that.

I will also add, I loved the look he had on his face at the end of the last episode.

Hail to the king.

• Banned

I remember seeing you had a Ram icon and said to myself that the sisters shouldn't be separated. And in two days a new Rem will show herself to the boards and I don't want to wait but I have too.

Hail to the king.

brian_boru said:

I too like that kind of MC as well. I don't think I'd like this show nearly as much if he was op as fück. Although he may become that later on but I'm ok with that.

I will also add, I loved the look he had on his face at the end of the last episode.

Im fine if the MC has to claw his way to being OP.
    Not just come off the bat as the most Op mofo who kills everything with no problem.
    Or just write away "oh he trained a lot when no one was looking" ala SAO.
    The MC in this show has gone though hell... Numerous times.
    At this point I wouldnt mind if suddenly hes able to be OP with dark magic.
    Its been kinda established its rare and his thing... So sure.
    I LOVED his eyes at the end.
    Son was like "Im not gonna f**k up again" srsbsns eyes.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

UncivillyPandaKa said:

Theyre both good doe.
    Ram is just overlooked right now cuz Rem is getting all the time with MC.
    I wanna know what kinky shit Ram does with the Count.
    I love characters like the Count.
    The flamboyant wa ha ha kinda guys who are OP as f**k, but so OP they dont really play a role in things otherwise shit would be done yesterday.

I think Ram had the strongest individual interaction imid-second arc (the ogre story scene), but Rem has enough culminated to surpass that pretty easily. I like both, Rem seems more fleshed out at this point.

Also, side note: glad the new checkpoint was

after Subara's argument with Emillia.

• Banned

UncivillyPandaKa said:

naraku360 said:

UncivillyPandaKa said:

Also

Im still thinking

Emelia is the witch, that giant cat is Puck. I mean its kinda odd how there are half elves and such, but its just bad for Emelia cuz she looks JUST LIKE the witch. Seems too off. But the idea of her being the daughter is kinda cool too. But then why would she summon MC and give him this power?

Another thing im wondering about

That cultist mentioned if MC was Sloth? Was that his like style, or is there some sort of 7 deadly sins kinda thing going on here too. Where different followers of the witch with her blessing are called by specific sins.

I thought the cultist was sloth and asked the mc if he was pride.

Hail to the king.