is there any one looking forward to the new ghostbusters next to me
973   35

• Toonami

come any one happy about that or

is it only me and my nephew

• SwimLegend

Sorry, ghosty. You and your nephew are on your own.

09/13/03

• Toonami

scoobdog said:

what?

• SwimPirate

I'm gonna see it, may have jumped bandwagon hatred ride if the premise on why its bad is because of women in movie.
    But for now, I'll give it, its shot.

"You know what they say: "If they're not inflatable they're not datable" :cool: :ballon: - TrigunBebop
    "You haven't Idealized Mankind, you've deformed it, you've mutilated it, and that's the real joke" - Nightowl

• Toonami

jackiemarie90 said:

I'm gonna see it, may have jumped bandwagon hatred ride if the premise on why its bad is because of women in movie.
    But for now, I'll give it, its shot.

thank give it a shot

• Helper

ghostrek said:

alt text
    (It's just you two . . )

• SwimLegend

ghostrek said:

scoobdog said:

what?

Exactly

Seriously, though, I'm not liking what I've seen in the trailers, and that is never a good sign.

09/13/03

• Banned

I don't like that they are all women..... who said they could bust ghosts? >:(

• SwimNinja

meh will probably see it in a few months when it gets to the cheap theater.

Not because it's necessarily a bad movie, but because Tuesdays at the cheap theater I can see movies for $1.50 so to me it's worth waiting a few extra months to see a movies.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

scoobdog said:

ghostrek said:

scoobdog said:

what?

Exactly

Seriously, though, I'm not liking what I've seen in the trailers, and that is never a good sign.

Eh, trailers can do a bad job of representing things. Especially if they're handled in ways that miss the point.

But the new Ghostbusters sounds bad and nobody that's seen it seems to actually like it.

• Banned

Well, considering they pretty much showed the entire movie in the trailers....

Hail to the king.

• Banned

Nothing will ever beat Bill Murray's Ghostbusters.

F**k this new tripe movie, F**k it to hell!

POOP

• SwimNinja

I'm annoyed that in one of the newer trailers they added in a voiceover clip that really shouldn't have been put in. Yes, I immediately knew who it was, you f**kers. Now there's zero mystery for me going in.

"The enemy of my enemy is just another man standing in my way." -Nikita

ghostrek said:

yeah...the studios and producers hoping to break even.

we are all caught in the wordbox
    Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• Other Anime

Naw, bad movies give away all their best bits in the commercials, so I'd imagine a movie trailer that has bad "best bits" would be even worse.

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

• ShoeHands

Its probably going to suck

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

• Toonami

FieryDoom said:

Nothing will ever beat Bill Murray's Ghostbusters.

F**k this new tripe movie, F**k it to hell!

nothing beat the 1984 original

• SwimLegend

naraku360 said:

scoobdog said:

ghostrek said:

scoobdog said:

what?

Exactly

Eh, trailers can do a bad job of representing things. Especially if they're handled in ways that miss the point.

But the new Ghostbusters sounds bad and nobody that's seen it seems to actually like it.

Trailers are supposed to be as neutral as possible. You're not supposed to get a feel for the movie either way other than the genre and aesthetics. Any time you can peg the plot of the characters, it's sure to flop.

09/13/03

Not really. It's not that I'm the hate bandwagon I'm just not a movie person in general.

Trailers are meant to garner the greatest revenue possible. They're anything but neutral, seeing as they're designed to sell a product.

I'm not necessarily saying it happened with 2016's Ghostbusters, considering that really does look pretty bad. But an advertisement can be a poor reflection if handled certain ways.

• SwimSuperHero

Probably only you. I'm still waiting for a good Ghostbusters movie
    to come out.

Usopp Fanatic since 2003.