How do I have dreams again?
673   26

• SwimParagon

I used to have really cool flying dreams, along with some other weird ones that I'd rather not go into here, up until a couple years ago. Now, I don't seem to have any dreams... at least, none that I recall having. This is distressing. Anyone have ideas on how to get my dreams back?

{I'm talking about the ones you have while sleeping, not the life goals. Before anyone snarks about that.}

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• Banned

Alcohol?

Hail to the king.

Same thing here! I used to dream all the time as a kid, but since starting HS dreams have been few and far between. I think about it from time to time too... How do we get them back? When you have a really exciting night out, I notice that tends to spark dreams. I think there needs to be a lot of emotional output in order for it to happen, but don't hold me to that.

• SwimPirate

We only dream when we are in a light sleep mode. For example right before we wake up. Most of the night you should be knocked out, and for me, I usually get dreams of things I worry about, usually just social akward situations.

Also try zonk.

"You know what they say: "If they're not inflatable they're not datable" :cool: :ballon: - TrigunBebop
    "You haven't Idealized Mankind, you've deformed it, you've mutilated it, and that's the real joke" - Nightowl

• Thunder Goddess

Alcohol decreases REM sleep, which is when most dreaming occurs. You can dream in non-REM sleep, but you're far less likely to remember it.

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish
    "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" -- Stephen Wright

Oh...
    (Falls asleep listening to your lecture)

iono...i have vivid af dreams.

and...i also have sessions of recurring dreams.

i have had 5 recurring dreams through my life that lasted years.

and what was cool..is that more stuff would add on.

then...they would just stop. then weird dreams, than another round

of a recurring dream.

i'm hoping at the end of my life that all the recurring dreams all happen

in one wonderful dream.

we are all caught in the wordbox
    Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• SwimParagon

jackiemarie90 said:

We only dream when we are in a light sleep mode. For example right before we wake up. Most of the night you should be knocked out, and for me, I usually get dreams of things I worry about, usually just social akward situations.

Also try zonk.

Not legal for my state yet. Yaaaaay. -.-

• SwimParagon

Let's dreamshare. Or something. Like a shared dream bubble. I'm sure I've got some dream left in me to help ya.

• Babbling

Stop smoking weed. That's what works for me.

PerfectFlowingHair said:

Let's dreamshare. Or something. Like a shared dream bubble. I'm sure I've got some dream left in me to help ya.

it sounds like you need some dream help. do you really not have any recall of any dreams?

Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• SwimParagon

discolemonade said:

PerfectFlowingHair said:

it sounds like you need some dream help. do you really not have any recall of any dreams?

None recent. I do know I've had some pretty cool flying dreams where I pretty much hover just above the treeline, and a distressing recurring dream where my car's brakes won't work, but at least I don't crash. And then dreams of being chased by some nondescript thing. Aside from those, nada. And definitely no memory of dreams within the past few years. I really enjoyed them too... okay maybe not the brakes one, but still. It was nice to at least wake up from that one.

PerfectFlowingHair said:

discolemonade said:

PerfectFlowingHair said:

None recent. I do know I've had some pretty cool flying dreams where I pretty much hover just above the treeline, and a distressing recurring dream where my car's brakes won't work, but at least I don't crash. And then dreams of being chased by some nondescript thing. Aside from those, nada. And definitely no memory of dreams within the past few years. I really enjoyed them too... okay maybe not the brakes one, but still. It was nice to at least wake up from that one.

you could try this. as you are falling asleep, think about the

floating/hovering. then...focus on 'what/where' you're at.

like the treeline, but...what's 'under' the branches. or...if you look up from the

tree line...try to think about what you would want to see in the horizon...like,

a city scape, or an island off in the distance...something like that.

try to make the dream work for you.

edit~if nothing else, it's a calming exercise in relaxation.

• SwimStar

i had a really weird dream where i was watching someone that felt like me, like in a third person view who could rewind little bits of time, but it was subtle so i didn't notice it a lot. i forgot most of it sadly.
    i've been playing too much life is strange recently.

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

• SwimParagon

discolemonade said:

PerfectFlowingHair said:

discolemonade said:

PerfectFlowingHair said:

like the treeline, but...what's 'under' the branches. or...if you look up from the

tree line...try to think about what you would want to see in the horizon...like,

I regret that I have but one upvote to give for this post. I'm going to try this tonight. In fact... I should do this pretty dang soon. It's not exactly late, but late enough here that I should get some sleep. I'll report back on how it works! ^.^

PerfectFlowingHair said:

discolemonade said:

PerfectFlowingHair said:

discolemonade said:

PerfectFlowingHair said:

I regret that I have but one upvote to give for this post. I'm going to try this tonight. In fact... I should do this pretty dang soon. It's not exactly late, but late enough here that I should get some sleep. I'll report back on how it works! ^.^

good luck. i would like to know how this plays out for you.

• Swimuminati

• IB

Acid, Mushrooms, and DMT

• Swimuminati

ThorsPenor said:

Stop smoking weed. That's what works for me.

samez

well even within a day... if any residual high remains i will not dream

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.

• Banned

I dream every night. I take a lot of meds but i also take melatonin.

• SwimParagon

Day 1: almost nothing. I think I had REM sleep, but any "dream" I had was so faint as to be nearly unrecognizable. Also I think it was just something that easily could've happened in reality.

I maaaaay have been distracted from envisioning mysef flying...