chinese democracy appreciation thread
224   6

• SwimNerd

• SwimNerd

it was a good album. most of it

• SwimVIP Banned

No.

Just no.

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• Mobile Suit Gundam

This is hilariously random, but I really love track #13: the soulful ballad "This I Love". Also quite partial to the track before it, "Madagascar," due to its striking variety, which believe it or not was actually written in 2001. It contains a sample from Martin Luther King's famous "I Have A Dream" speech, so naturally for a while (2009 onward) I listened to it every MLK day.

It seems that even though "Chinese Democracy" was the only hit from the titular album (though "Better" did get pushed for radio adds and failed in early 2009,) it was a better album altogether than the other Golden Age of Metal comeback album in 2008: Metallica's Death Magnetic. "The Unforgiven III" was an amazing tour-de-force that even called back to Met's S&M days, and "The Day That Never Comes" was a decent choice for its lead single, but some others like "Cyanide" seemed to be a bit less inspired and overproduced.

Just for the record, I own both, but I believe I have misplaced both. I wonder if they will turn up...

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• SwimSage Banned

I don't if I would say good, but it's not as bad as it was made out to be.

• SwimVIP Banned

I personally think Death Magnetic is a really good album with some horrible, horrible production choices.

Vlado Meller is the worst mastering engineer on the face of the planet.

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal