prime day super finds
838   22

today is prime day on amazon. it's a once-a-year sale where they offer up their branded stuff for cheap, plus whatever else seems to be filling their warehouses. there's supposedly 100,000 things on sale today. SO. with so many sale items, there's sure to be a few that are just ridiculous and plain stupid. i offer to you, light show finger gloves.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IUOAH5Q/

what you do with your fingers once wearing these gloves, may not be covered by the warranty.

your turn. share those stupid or rando items you come across in your day full of clicking through junk sales on amazon today. you know you'll be looking, so you may as well entertain the rest of us.

• Banned

Does it come with Ecstacy?

If you gotta go go with a smile

it f**king should. or at least finger condoms.

• Helper

Yep. Everyone was just waiting to be fondled by a rainbow. o.O

Nothing I was actually looking to purchase was on any sort of 'super sale' today so I picked my CDs and went on my merry way. But WS was trying to buy an inflatable horsey to butt-pop earlier today.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• Banned

If you buy $150 worth of useless junk and use your amazon visa card to pay, and enter the promotional code visa30, you get $30 off your purchase.

POOP

yeah...or, just buy something that costs less than $150 and still get the discount. not sure how, but i got it applied to a 32" tv that was marked down from $220 to $119 for prime day. got my $30 discount and tossed a little store credit at it to bring the total after tax down to $82.

• Banned

Maybe they counted it as a $220 item? Don't matter, $30 off is $30 off.

POOP

i tried to apply it when i had other items in the cart that totaled about $300, but those items weren't sold by amazon so it wouldn't add the code. so i removed the items it wouldn't allow, which just left the tv at $119. but when i went back to checkout, the code was already on there. oh wells!

i just got the amazon tap last week for $70 with the "order using alexa" deal from my echo. stuff i was gonna buy anyways, so i'll take the discounts.

• Helper

FieryDoom said:

If you buy $150 worth of useless junk and use your amazon visa card to pay, and enter the promotional code visa30, you get $30 off your purchase.

I was offered $50 off my purchase if I signed up for their useless Amazon Visa card.

Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• Banned

Doesn't everyone get that offer?

I buy too much stuff on Amazon. lol.

POOP

• Helper

Apparently I missed a lightning deal on Amazon's Miyazaki set? I wonder what the deal was. Doesn't show up in missed Prime Day deals. Anyone know?

What the hell is that behind you

• Helper

FieryDoom said:

Doesn't everyone get that offer?

I buy too much stuff on Amazon. lol.

Probably.

I didn't jump for it though. I only need one card and this is the first time I've gone the Amazon route to get anything. No point in getting an Amazon specific card for something that I might use once every 10 years.

• Helper

And holy carp, I already have messages telling me that one of my orders has been shipped. o.O That was the one that I wasn't supposed to expect until Aug.

I'm gonna have like 3 packages this month! It's like Christmas only with presents.

• Toonami

I'm calling shenanigans on Prime Day. I'm looking at their anime deals right now and I swear that almost every deal they have right now is more expensive than what stuff is normally priced at. Literally the only current deal that that isn't the case for is a pack of DBZ movies (usually sells for around to slightly above the current price).

Are other categories doing this with their deals or is their anime category the only one trying to rip people off?

• ShoeHands

So.. you make glow gloves for a living?

Maybe this will make kids wandering into the road in the middle of the night trying to catch a Pikachu slightly more visible.

• King Of the Hill Banned

Well, that is shiny, and not much else.

I preferred not to get the gloves, for I ended up buying... well, a bunch of stupid and/or awesome shit. I ended up lucking out with Prime Day because I'm currently on a free trial provided by Amazon. It's pretty cool.

The only bona-fide Prime Day deal I went for was Mad Max: Fury Road on Blu-ray for just $9.49, but I also bought Seasons 1-3 of King of the Hill (because I need my fix of the episodes [adult swim] doesn't play anymore) for $9.96 each, a triplet of Space Ghost Coast to Coast DVDs ($7.50 each for the first two, and $7.20 for the third), and an AV cable for my Nintendo 64 because the one I originally had got busted years ago ($2.99).

It makes me feel good, man. Feel, good man.

Mondays & Fridays: Girl's High
    Wednesdays: Squid Girl
    Random days: Re:ZERO

Twitter | Tumblr | Steamy | Content ratings | Something cool!

No...just thought they were pretty stupid and worth pointing out. Even moreso than the gold grills, but not by much.

• SwimPunk Banned

They're for raves and they're great

Blatch said:

Well, that is shiny, and not much else.

I preferred not to get the gloves, for I ended up buying... well, a bunch of stupid and/or awesome shit. I ended up lucking out with Prime Day because I'm currently on a free trial provided by Amazon. It's pretty cool.

The only bona-fide Prime Day deal I went for was Mad Max: Fury Road on Blu-ray for just $9.49, but I also bought Seasons 1-3 of King of the Hill (because I need my fix of the episodes [adult swim] doesn't play anymore) for $9.96 each, a triplet of Space Ghost Coast to Coast DVDs ($7.50 each for the first two, and $7.20 for the third), and an AV cable for my Nintendo 64 because the one I originally had got busted years ago ($2.99).

It makes me feel good, man. Feel, good man.

i bought more stuff than i probably should have, but less than i wanted to. and it was all stuff i had already planned on buying at some point for the new house. ended up getting an amazon tap, two 32" roku tv's, another fire tv stick, and some decor for one of the boys' rooms. i think i only spent about $350 altogether. the wife got a bunch of clothes and some other stuff for the house. i would have bought two mattresses and bed frames, but the ones i was watching never went on sale.

i feel like i restrained myself pretty well. didn't buy a single thing i didn't already have on a list, but i reeeeeeally wanted to get a few more things.

• Banned

I got a food dehydrator, regular price $196 down to $145.

Now to make jerky all day long!

POOP