Nihilism is turning something into nothing.
801   33

• SwimParagon

Just because there's no cosmic end goal the universe has set for us, that's no reason to destroy what we have! Beauty is itself a reason to live! Find a goal of your own choosing, seize it, and chase after that thing like it's... um. Something super epic! And if that thing isn't a career, make it a hobby. If you don't have time for a hobby, make time. You've got too much on your plate. Get your you time.

{I, uh, may have had this argument with someone today.}

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

Oh is that what it is?

(Chugs a can of beer and burps)

There.

Nihilism.

• SwimParagon

The beer is in your belly. Then it will be in the sewer system. Then it will be processed into clean water, setting aside the not-water parts. It has not vanished.

(Hands you a beer)

You think too much, PFH. Just chug and chill.

Ulquiorra died from it.

• SwimParagon

But I like thinking...

Oh...

Still want the beer?

• SwimParagon

Nah. Not a beer person.

(Chugs beer)

I like your philosophy though. Maybe thinking is good after all. Let's brainstorm! I need to reread your OP, but surely I can provide some perspicacious insight if I do!

• SwimParagon

I said thinking, not perspiring!

...at least shower!

Wait a second... Did you post this thread with me in mind?

• SwimParagon

Wasn't you, but I did have someone in mind... :/

• Swimuminati

My life is a constant series of short term goals because i may have too many hobbies and other things i need to accomplish. The only real long term goal I have is to be a better person. A goal that I will both meet and not meet in a sense.

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.

The style of the OP made me think it was directed toward someone!
    I suppose I agree. Life is more adventurous when one is working toward a goal that he/she invests a lot of passion into. Then again, I can also see how an aimless, desultory lifestyle can be enjoyable for others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQH1i_zZ-_M

• SwimVIP Banned

You will disappear. The people you affect will disappear. This planet and all history will disappear.

Life is like a box of chocolate: 90% of it is shit. Thus, it is immoral to procreate and bring offspring into an existence of mostly suffering and historical amnesia.

I await The Apocalypse. Trump 2016.

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

Ah banned again I see.

Join me, my friend. I want to help make DeusMasquerade great again!

boards.adultswim.com/topic/20823/ban-recovery-prevention-program

• SwimParagon

I was definitely directing it toward someone. Just not you. I don't really need a sledgehammer with you, just a little nudging.

• SwimParagon

DeusExMasquerade said:

You will disappear. The people you affect will disappear. This planet and all history will disappear.

Life is like a box of chocolate: 90% of it is shit. Thus, it is immoral to procreate and bring offspring into an existence of mostly suffering and historical amnesia.

I await The Apocalypse. Trump 2016.

Wow, really? Guess OP applies to you too huh. Do you not have anything going for you in your life?

If you ever need to use a sledgehammer on me, please aim for the hips. Everything else is too important to me.

• SwimParagon

If I ever need to use a sledgehammer on you, something's gone horribly wrong.

How goes your job hunt, by the way?

• Swimuminati

alt text