Danganronpa
5494   92

• Special Snowflake

With the Danganronpa 3 anime coming out twice a week, I think the whole series deserves its own thread.

Memento Mori

• SwimNinja

That picture makes me hungry.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• ShoeHands

Way to make your dreams come true.

• Other Anime

I've got a prayer circle going that she makes it out of this fine
    alt text

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

What in the f**k did the radiation do to that country?

The first episode was actually reasonably better than I expected. We'll see.

• Banned

I watched the first season, kept me entertained. Better than most anime they show on Toonami.

Why is it twice a week?
    Also where was Danganronpa 2?

Money is a motherfucking joke.
    Forty bald eagles sewn onto a coat.
    Zoo with the crib, mermaid in the moat.

• Other Anime

They have two stories running simultaneously: Future Arc, which covers the present day as the first game's survivors are thrust into a final showdown with Monokuma, and Despair Arc, which follows the lives of the Danganronpa 2 cast before they were put in the 2nd game.

I believe the reason they gave for no DR2 adaptation is that they felt like it'd take too much time when the Despair prequel would be more fitting to air alongside the Future arc. That and the DR1 anime had its limitations as a game adaptation that had to leave a ton of content out, and if they were going to do another anime, it'd be one that benefits more from the anime format. The way the two shows will operate will start deviating from the standard investigation/trial format that the gameplay operated on, and get a more heavily story-based pair of shows.

I watched the first eppie of the Mirai hen, and its nice enough.
    Doughnut Sloot is there, and thats cool.

But youre talling me that the Zetzubou Hen is completely different characters?
    Not even set at the same time?
    Here I was thinking it was something like Higurashi or Umineko, where theres episodes where the MC loses and some where he wins.

• Other Anime

Nah, Zetsubou-hen is a prequel about the Danganronpa 2 cast so that they can reflect their stories with how the present day is dealing with what they did before and during the 2nd game.

The 1st episode of Mirai-hen alludes to their presence with the intro showing what role the 2nd game's cast played after the incident, how the professor girl from the chandelier was their teacher before the incident, and how Naegi is being treated like garbage because of the role he played in the 2nd game. How the 2 arcs merge will be interesting to see, if they do merge.

Hummm... Thats pretty interesting.
    I cant think of any other show that works like this.
    2 different sets of characters in two different time slots, that possibly intertwine in the end?
    Sounds like its worth the watch for that alone.
    Doughnut sloot is just a bonus.

• Special Snowflake

She dies and Yasuhiro lives.

Memento Mori

• Other Anime Banned

Dang It Rumpus.

fuh q.

• Other Anime

That'd be the ultimate troll, or if, out of nowhere, Yasuhiro ends up being the most important person on the show.

Like if he was revealed to be the new Monokuma because he is constantly being overshadowed by everyone else's achievements. He shattered Naegi's future because he wanted to get rid of him in the next killing game.

Or if he ends up being the only one capable of stopping the killing game, but mulls around for so long that by the time he is able to stop the game, there are only a few survivors left. Oops.

• Banned

TaylorBoyz said:

Dang It Rumpus.

I just finished my conquest and dominance of Vancouver and I just got into Seattle on Amtrak. Tomorrow nite I leave for Portlandia.-

I'll be in Mike Jones form. Can't have them discovering my reptilian form.

Monokuma is actually a shape shifting reptilian.

We're everywhere and I'm going to your arcade to dominate itn

I'm kind of worried that the Zetsubou arc is going to be painful to watch.

As in I like the DR2 cast more than the DR1, but from the looks of it they're going to all be edgy psycho instead of the characters they were in the game.

I mean, the first episode of Mirai gives me some comfort since it was a pretty interesting episode overall, but I hope it doesn't end up with one half good and the other half bad.

• Special Snowflake

Memento Mori

• Special Snowflake

This is seriously the most depressing tune I've ever heard from a game.

Gonna watch zetsubou hen now.

Memento Mori

Chiaki is best girl, as confirmed by Zetsubou-hen.

• Special Snowflake

Of course, but we all know what's going to happen to her in later episodes.

Memento Mori