Nintendo continues to release obvious stuff they should have released years ago
1121   33

• Banned

I disagree. Nintendo is releasing this mini NES at just the right time. Let the experts handle the marketing, Jman!

• SwimLegend

Super Mario Bros.....f*ck year!!!! I'm going back to Negative World!

Oh bother...

It's from an era before I was born and perhaps a bit rudimentary, but I'll play with you, Pooh. I'll be Luigi.

• SwimLegend

You won't be disappointed, nothing is more fun than breaking blocks with your head and getting money

Oh bother...

Yeah I don't get why Jman is trying to downplay this incredible system.

• SwimLegend

I thought he was just saying this should of happened a long time ago.

It even looks just like the original console, only smaller. Nostalgia, lol

Oh bother...

I get the sense that he considers this console to be superannuated and that he's angry at Nintendo because he no longer wants to play it, even though he would have played it had it been released twenty-five years earlier.

• SwimLegend

Oh, Zeni, you're just too much

Oh bother...

• Banned

1pooh4u said:

I thought he was just saying this should of happened a long time ago.

It even looks just like the original console, only smaller. Nostalgia, lol

Sega has been doing this for years. It's a fairly reliable moneymaker for them because you can sell it in places like furniture stores and drugstores

There's obviously a demand.

Zeni just wants to troll because he's a troll.

• SwimLegend

I too wonder why they waited so long, a while back people were using emulators to play
    the exact games that come with this mini console. I would definitely buy this, it's not really
    expensive and I enjoy trips down memory lane

Oh bother...

• SwimSage Banned

1pooh4u said:

I too wonder why they waited so long, a while back people were using emulators to play
    the exact games that come with this mini console. I would definitely buy this, it's not really

Probably because they sell these games for $5 each on Wii/Wii U VC. And they wanted plenty of time for people to buy those first.

• Banned

ric_man said:

1pooh4u said:

Probably because they sell these games for $5 each on Wii/Wii U VC. And they wanted plenty of time for people to buy those first.

True, but this opens up a far more casual market of late 30 and early 40somethings that don't want a full console but wouldn't mind playing old favorites. Or even better, people who have a PS4 and/or Xbone and don't want to touch a Wii U, but are willing to give Nintendo money for nostalgia. It just seems like an easy avenue to rake in cash.

• SwimLegend

ric_man said:

1pooh4u said:

Evil geniuses, the lot of them

Oh bother...

• Banned

They know old Nintendo games inspire warm and fuzzy feelings.

Like the Nintendo store in New York. People buy stuff from there all the time. Usually nostalgic shirts and books. Or they visit the mini-museum which has every Nintendo console ever, even the Game Boy that was bombed in Desert Storm and still works.

Wii U games, not so much.

They are diabolical geniuses.

• Other Anime

Sounds cool, but it does make me look more forward to a potential Super Nintendo variation with ALttP, Mario World, Earthbound, and FFVI

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

• SwimLegend

I never been to the Nintendo store or the museum, which sounds awesome btw, now I wanna go, if only
    to get a nerdy 1 up mushroom t-shirt

If you think about it, now is a great time to release this because Gen Xers like
    me are getting deep into adulthood and we need those warm and fuzzies

Oh bother...

• SwimHero

great list of games too.
    looks pretty good.

Janeway Rules!

• SwimSage Banned

Oh yeah NES came out in 1986, so 30th anniversary may have something to do with it coming out this year.

• SwimHero

came out in 85 in the states and even earlier in japan. they long missed that train.

Janeway Rules!

• SwimHero

1pooh4u said:

I never been to the Nintendo store or the museum, which sounds awesome btw, now I wanna go, if only
    to get a nerdy 1 up mushroom t-shirt

If you think about it, now is a great time to release this because Gen Xers like
    me are getting deep into adulthood and we need those warm and fuzzies

take me with you!

Janeway Rules!