Troma's film festival has support from Cartoon Network artists this year
282   5

• Helper

Troma (yes, THAT Troma) just announced the selections for Tromadance 2016, and the entries include The Fog of Courage by John Dilworth and an episode of Sonic Boom. They also had another festival a couple months ago with Skype Q&As with Dilworth and Maxwell Atoms, a video from Pat McHale (Over the Garden Wall) and a live appearance by Mike Pollock (Dr. Eggman). Max even showed his Billy and Mandy student film to a wide audience for the first time.

I can't say I'm surprised considering Cartoon Network has a history of disturbed cartoons.

• Other Anime

Wonder if the Sonic cartoon they submitted involved Eggman evisorating the heads of people and dogs in with industrial grade power drills, and had Sonic stop him by forcibly inserting fireqorks inside of Eggman as they launch him in the air where he explodes into gory rain falling down on a mutant cannibal family.

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

• Banned

Troma has a weird history of making kids cartoons alongside super depraved movies. They are nothing if not diversified in their insanity.

• Helper

Yeah, it's weird saying you grew up with Troma because you owned the Fox VHS of My Neighbor Totoro. There was also some stuff in their animation festival that made Mr. Pickles look tame.

Not that the stuff involving Cartoon Network didn't fit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVTyJ3Yecx0

• Helper

Update: They just announced Henry Zebrowski will do a panel at Tromadance.