NES comes back to market in November.
857   27

• SwimVIP

• Toonami Banned

None of these old games look very appealing. Only one JRPG and it's really dated.

this is only happening because nintendo doesn't have a console to release this year, since the nx (or whatever it's called) is a ways off yet. cash grab, and a push of an entire generation's nostalgia button.

• SwimVIP

wacky1980 said:

this is only happening because nintendo doesn't have a console to release this year, since the nx (or whatever it's called) is a ways off yet. cash grab, and a push of an entire generation's nostalgia button.

This isn't the first time Nintendo has played to our nostalgia. They released their old games like Super Mario World, Diddy's Quest, F-Zero and Kirby's Adventure for the eShop all of the time.

The only difference is that now they've gone full blown into the nostalgia zone and made them all for their own console again.

• Helper

I feel like they could have done so much more with something like this. And that $60 pricetag makes this a no-go for me. I can get a USB NES controller from WalMart and just play on an emulator and get way more games.

• Banned

Maybe next year they'll release the Super NES. I'm still pissed I didn't grab the Genesis one when it was widely available.

• SwimSage Banned

Josey said:

Maybe next year they'll release the Super NES. I'm still pissed I didn't grab the Genesis one when it was widely available.

I've heard that the emulation on that Genesis system was spotty.

• Banned

Or I can just use an emulator and download roms for free.

How terrible, you are being violated in our guests mind sister.

• SwimSage Banned

Bruh, that's stealing! Reported.

• SwimVIP

Josey said:

If they release it for the Super NES, F-Zero would be a cool game to release for it.

• Banned

Final Fight would be a must as well.

• Banned

This is going to drive up prices in the collector's market.

• SwimHero

Celldweller said:

I feel like they could have done so much more with something like this. And that $60 pricetag makes this a no-go for me. I can get a USB NES controller from WalMart and just play on an emulator and get way more games.

$60 might be ok for a product like this. just depends on how nice the hardware is going to be and how good the games will play. the game selection alone is good for the price if you price it by their e-store prices.

Janeway Rules!

• SwimSage Banned

If they did an SNES one this would be a great lineup. Unless they charged more money I assume they'd cut it down to 20 games because of those extra bits.

Chrono Trigger
    Contra III
    F-Zero
    Final Fantasy III
    Final Fight
    Gradius III
    Kirby's Dream Course
    Kirby Super Star
    Mega Man X
    Pilotwings
    Super Castlevania IV
    Super Mario All-Stars
    Super Mario Kart
    Super Mario RPG
    Super Mario World
    Super Metroid
    Super Punch-Out!
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Yoshi's Cookie
    Yoshi's Island

• Banned

More than half of those games are 3rd party.

Nintendo is not going to waste money licensing old games they don't own.

• SwimSage Banned

Less than half you mean. Only 7 out of the 20.
    And did you look at the NES list? 14 of the 30 games on there are third party.

• Banned

ric_man said:

Josey said:

I've heard that the emulation on that Genesis system was spotty.

Bought one for my son 2 CHristmases ago....Waste of money. I was better off buying the Genesis classics disc for the PS2

You were banned. It fills you with determination

• SwimSuperHero

If my old SNES wasn't hooked up to my tv, I'd probably get this.
    Right now I'd rather wait for more good games coming out on the Virtual Console for the 3DS.

Usopp Fanatic since 2003.

• SwimSage Banned

I thought I remembered hearing that.

That PS2 collection or the PS3/360 ones are good.

• SwimSage Banned

blueraven1999 said:

Right now I'd rather wait for more good games coming out on the Virtual Console for the 3DS.

You have Super Mario Land 2 right?

• SwimSuperHero

ric_man said:

blueraven1999 said:

You have Super Mario Land 2 right?

Is that game on the 3DS Virtual Console?
    I know Super Mario Land was originally out for the Gameboy. I still have one of those games,
    but I don't have the Gameboy anymore. I think mine died a long time ago so I threw it out.

The only games I have on the 3DS Virtual Console are Pokemon Yellow and Super Mario Bros. 1.

Usopp Fanatic since 2003.