The Political Awareness Thread
317   20

Politics are weaksauce, but today (and only today) I'm going to open my soul to politics and try to get opinionated.

Throw ANY political issue at me and, with the aid of my trusty alcohol cache and relaxed mind, I'll tell you the solution!

'Merica!

• Swimuminati

Yeah RIGHT!

"I'm never gonna die..." (Final Destination)

• SwimSage Banned

If I freak out after I get a girl pregnant and convince her to abort the baby should she be able to go and do that, no questions asked?

(adjusts bow tie and clears throat)

Ric, ma boy, abortion is a very pressing issue in this country. Is the fetus a conscious, sentient being or are we overvaluing its cognitive abilities because so many Americans sentimentally associate it with a newborn infant?

I would not abort the baby because there are many foster families who are more than ready to nurture the baby. Even if we agree that the fetus exists in too inchoate of a form to even feel death, let alone think, I believe we there's still an opportunity here for a very happy and wholesome life with a foster family. Do we not take pets away from their mothers regularly and then treat them with love and affection and cherish their lives? Adoption, not abortion is our answer!

• ShoeHands

I prefer BBQ sauce. Trump is too money hungry and careless, Hillary is so f**king jaded, dude

Oh... Got a political or social issue you'd like some insight on? Need some more beer, but I'm ready!

• ShoeHands

Yes, I'd like insight on that brewski.

The politics of alcohol are quite rudimentary. At the outset of the 1920s, the 18th Amendment was passed prohibiting the production, transport, and sale of alcohol. This made people want to break the law more and, thus, the roaring twenties were born. Prohibition proved largely ineffective and quite antithetical to our fundamental right to free will. Despite lasting for thirteen years, wise Americans were still able to drink regularly in spite of Prohibition. Since the 18th amendment's repeal, America has grown into more of a socioeconomic monster than it's ever been and alcoholism is so in style that every famous and rich person shows up hammered to any major social function when, in the past, such behavior would have been considered inappropriate and tasteless.

alrighty then....

try this on for size. link text

we are all caught in the wordbox
    Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

K. One sec. Need another beer.

DL, my darling, I'm glad you brought this issue into the discussion. What we have here is an issue that is rather philosophical in nature. Is there a right vision for how we should allocate land resources? Was America a better place pre-colonization or did the industrialization of the country at the expense of most of the land's ecosystem and the Native American culture lead to the development of an advanced civilization whose advances in technology, medicine, and science far outweighed the detrimental consequences it lead to for a once verdant landscape and the indigenous peoples who once inhabited it? If the answer is "yes", would these advances have come had the British colonists respected nature and assimilated themselves into the Native American lifestyle? It doesn't seem likely. But now we turn to the present day. National parks have been given a certain, irreplaceable aesthetic value in the minds of some. While they might do little for social progress, many people have a certain attachment to these places. Would hedonistic pleasures of fishing, hunting, and kayaking outweigh the benefit of keeping these places? Would those activities greatly improve the land? I say no. While national parks are beginning to look out of place in modern America, until their removal is necessitated by social progress, I say we keep them!

well, i don't believe we need lose national parks for the sake of advancing as a society.

did you happen to see the other platforms though?

Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

What's a platform?

• Thunder Goddess

Zenigundam said:

(adjusts bow tie and clears throat)

Ric, ma boy, abortion is a very pressing issue in this country. Is the fetus a conscious, sentient being or are we overvaluing its cognitive abilities because so many Americans sentimentally associate it with a newborn infant?

I would not abort the baby because there are many foster families who are more than ready to nurture the baby. Even if we agree that the fetus exists in too inchoate of a form to even feel death, let alone think, I believe we there's still an opportunity here for a very happy and wholesome life with a foster family. Do we not take pets away from their mothers regularly and then treat them with love and affection and cherish their lives? Adoption, not abortion is our answer!

When you get a uterus, then we'll talk.

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish
    "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" -- Stephen Wright

Zenigundam said:

What's a platform?

A government platform is a political platform of a government. A new government, when entering office, lists their objectives to be accomplished while in office.

so...this is also on their platform. link text

• Other Anime

Should marijuana be sold at gas stations?

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

My head's spinning in every which way now! Sorry, guys! Time to close up shop!

Do a filibuster or something.

HAHAHAA! i did it...

i was able to make zeni quiet.

what's this you say...you're head is spinning?

what? the great zeni....master of non stop posting.

night zeni...sleep it off...tomorrow is another day

• Thunder Goddess

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish
    "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" -- Stephen Wright