sketching pencil tin
1308   53

bought my first one today. been too many years since i've done

any sketching/drawing.

what haven't you done in so long, and want/need to get back to doing

to keep you sane?

we are all caught in the wordbox
    Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• SwimLegend

writing....I have ideas but I dunno....

Oh bother...

oh..you should. really.

Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• SwimLegend

I'm going to. I'll do it for me with no intention of getting published, at least to start anyway.

I can't wait to see some of your sketchings

Oh bother...

woodworking. and not in a dirty way.

that should change soon though. after the move, i'm gonna have a lot of room in the basement to set up a little workshop area. i haven't had a working space for that stuff for like 15 years, but i still have a lot of the hand tools and i think i retained the knowledge.

ooh. i hope you do. maybe you'll share something with me.

oh..i would love to see what you make. woodworking is such a lost art.

(would it be art? or craft?~i guess on what you do yeah?)

• SwimLegend

I will if I focus and write

I'll have to use pen and paper, it's faster than typing, for me anyway

Oh bother...

• Banned

Playing saxophone and violin.

POOP

• Banned

1pooh4u said:

I will if I focus and write

I'll have to use pen and paper, it's faster than typing, for me anyway

I love writing with my fountain pen, haven't done that in a while either, lol.

POOP

i'd call it a craft maybe. what i do is far from art (imo). also, i don't really have many projects of which there are pictures, because most of what i've done was before digital cameras / cameraphones. the only things i've made in the last few years are functional items, like a cellphone charging kiosk and a bunch of beer flight paddles for the bar. i have a couple projects that i'm gathering materials for now, stuff i plan on tackling later this year in the new house.

that's the thing.

getting back in to it. the focusing.

but...pen to paper ...how very...'old school'

in a composition book?

what's holding you back?

you still have the instruments?

also, the new house has been amazingly well-cared for, since it was built 99 years ago. almost all of the original woodworking, including doors, trim, staircases, floors, etc etc. a couple pieces here and there are broken / missing or are poor copies of the original though, and i plan on restoring those things back to original quality over time. that will be a challenge, but should be pretty rewarding.

oh yes. that will be nice. i hope you can do this. how very satisfying restoring something.

and knowing that you can do a better job makes you want to do it.

see you have motivation. that's a good thing.

i hope i can do better. matching stain colors and finishes from 50+ years ago will be a trick, and setting new glass next to old panes tends to be a bit obvious. but it'll be fun to try.

• Banned

discolemonade said:

what's holding you back?

you still have the instruments?

Yup, I got the instruments, but it's just an issue of time. Get home at 6:30-7:00pm, take care of my baby girl till 8:30, cook some dinner for the fam, all that kinda takes time. Before you know it, it's midnight.

POOP

well...good luck. would love to see progress (if you're willing to share)

i know this all too well.

i hope you can somehow, someway, find the time.

and judging from you're day..you probably NEED this sort of break.

• Banned

I use to play the trombone a long time ago. I wonder if I still know how.

did you enjoy it? you should see if you still can.