So much cat food today
322   18

It seems like I put up 50 cases of cat food today at work. From dry to canned. I had no idea so many people in the hood owned cats. No wonder why so many are packing heat. Too many cats and enough gaurd dogs

• Assy McGee Banned

We had a cat lady at the grocery store I worked at. If we had already ordered and she showed up we went and ordered cat food after she left because she would buy cases.

The only thing worse than putting up cat food is putting baby food

• Banned

I'm not a cat person. I would just make the cats hunt for mice.

POOP

• Banned

A regular Tom and Jerry

Which means the cat will be completely useless

• Assy McGee Banned

I remember both of those things got a lot worse when we couldn't have cardboard on the shelves.

The worst part is having to constanly rotate everything according to the expiration date

• Babbling

Are you absolutely certain the people buying the cat food have cats?

There was a brand of canned stew that wasn't doing very well. The manufacturer found out it was the favorite food of a well known canine star. So they dropped a dog biscuit into each can and remarketed it as Dog Food with the star canine on the label.

During their research into changing over to dog food, they found out that something like 3% of people buying pet food owned no pets.

Radiotsar, One Warped Vision, Charity Navigator
    Перший в стіну, коли революція іде!

• ShoeHands

Probably just a cat orgy.

• Helper

Cat food is fairly cheap compared to people food. Mystery Meat Stew isn't unheard of in poor areas.

And there are also people who buy bulk to feed cat colonies. And people who feed the general neighborhood strays looking for a temporary friend [especially since a cat lured into an area will often chase out or kill all the rodents in the area].

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

new a woman that bought the cat food for herself.

she couldn't afford much..

so she'd buy cat food til the 1st of the month

she was like 80.

we are all caught in the wordbox
    Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• Babbling

katt_goddess said:

Cat food is fairly cheap compared to people food. Mystery Meat Stew isn't unheard of in poor areas.

Which is one of the reasons that "wet" pet food companies advertise in a manner that make the food look appetizing to humans. It's not like pets care if the food has real meat or veggies.

• Helper

tsar4 said:

katt_goddess said:

Which is one of the reasons that "wet" pet food companies advertise in a manner that make the food look appetizing to humans. It's not like pets care if the food has real meat or veggies.

Sad, gross, but true.

In my old hometown we had this old woman who everyone just called 'Morning Glory' because she'd show up at the grocery store in the morning, tell anyone buying cookies they worked for the devil, and then bought some cat food. She did not own a cat.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• SwimNerd

Why are there so many brands? Every time I go to my pet food store, I marvel at how many different brands there are, most of which seem like they're probably total crap. I'm amazed they're enough people to buy them to keep them in business. Though I suppose some of them don't stay in business very long and I just don't notice because the names are so forgettable.

ROOT BEER: It's so bubbly . . . and cloying . . . and happy . . .
    It's insidious . . . just like me =)
    DCO's DVDs

It just amazes me on the days I work stock on some of the things we run out of. It's like don't remember seeing anyone purchasing Tortilla flavored Pringles and somehow we're completely out of them.

• Babbling

katt_goddess said:

tsar4 said:

katt_goddess said:

Sad, gross, but true.

In my old hometown we had this old woman who everyone just called 'Morning Glory' because she'd show up at the grocery store in the morning, tell anyone buying cookies they worked for the devil, and then bought some cat food. She did not own a cat.

Our elderly woman was known as "The Pumpkin Lady", because she'd wear a orange outfit with a green beret. To get your attention, she's run her cart into you. Some of the employees, feeling sorry for her at Thanksgiving, took her a fully cooked meal including a Turkey. Her response? "I wanted Ham!"

I have to play this song now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA1cZPoEk8E