Pre-orders for Code Geass and Escaflowne now available!
1170   27

• Toonami

You can find them in the shop on Funimation's website. I'm sure they'll make their way to other stores eventually, but I can't tell you when exactly that may be.

Code Geass Season 1 (DVD) - $41.24
    Code Geass Season 1 (Blu-ray) - $48.74
    Code Geass Season 2 (DVD) - $41.24
    Code Geass Season 2 (Blu-ray) - $48.74
    Code Geass Seasons 1 and 2 (Collector's Edition) (Blu-ray) - $104.99

All of the Code Geass sets will be available to own on October 4th.
    __

Escaflowne Part 1 (DVD/Blu-ray combo) - $41.24
    Escaflowne Part 2 (DVD/Blu-ray combo) - $41.24
    Escaflowne Movie (DVD/Blu-ray combo) - $26.24
    Escaflowne Complete Series + Movie (Collector's Edition) (Blu-ray) - $134.99

All of the Escaflowne sets will be available to own on October 18th.

Code Geass won't even sell 100 copies.

Escaflowne will sell out, but only if it's the original dub.

• Babbling

Do they have a video game version?

• Other Anime

Zenigundam said:

They're creating a new dub to fit the director's cut episodes.

XBL: TakenIdiot (Destiny & The Division)
    PSN: ishikusui (Overwatch & Destiny)
    t/ @ishikusui

• Helper

Zenigundam said:

Code Geass will sell just fine if they have fixed the issues that the master tapes had.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• Toonami

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed. The prices for the Code Geass sets would be a little more understandable if they were DVD/Blu-ray combo packs like a lot of Funimation's other stuff is nowadays. $100ish for 50 episodes isn't a bad deal, but for a series that's several years old I wouldn't necessarily call it a great one either.

Will definitely buy the Code Geass stuff, but I think I'm gonna hold off until they pop up on other sites. Amazon tends to be cheaper than Funi when it comes to selling Funi's stuff, so somewhere down the line they'll probably price them at something I'm a little happier with.

• Toonami

Zenigundam said:

I'm sure this was only said to rustle jimmies, but I'm gonna respond to it seriously just this once: Code Geass is a lot more popular than people give it credit for. I wouldn't be surprised to see it sell a lot better than Escaflowne.

• Toonami

katt_goddess said:

Zenigundam said:

Code Geass will sell just fine if they have fixed the issues that the master tapes had.

They mentioned at one point that they completely remastered the Japanese audio track (even going as far as to rerecord a lot of the sound effects and stuff). The sets will include the original English audio, the original Japanese audio, and the redone Japanese audio.

I speaking from a quality standpoint more or less.

Escaflowne is an incredible anime and Code Geass is... well...

• Toonami

Zenigundam said:

I speaking from a quality standpoint more or less.

Escaflowne is an incredible anime and Code Geass is... well...

Code Geass may not be a masterpiece or anything, but it's still a fairly popular series with broad appeal. Even I like it enough to rewatch it once every few months.

• Helper

AntiLawnElement said:

katt_goddess said:

Zenigundam said:

They mentioned at one point that they completely remastered the Japanese audio track (even going as far as to rerecord a lot of the sound effects and stuff). The sets will include the original English audio, the original Japanese audio, and the redone Japanese audio.

Actually, the problems I was referring to is how during the press process there were plenty of discs that were released with defects that would cause them to stall out, skip or freeze completely during episodes. And it was some sort of defect with the masters themselves that was being transferred over to cause the problems. Bandai was offering replacement discs at one point but it took so long to get ahold of anyone there to find out what was going on [this was back when being a Helper creature meant occasionally doing something real ] that mine at least never got replaced in time.

Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• Toonami

katt_goddess said:

AntiLawnElement said:

katt_goddess said:

Zenigundam said:

Actually, the problems I was referring to is how during the press process there were plenty of discs that were released with defects that would cause them to stall out, skip or freeze completely during episodes. And it was some sort of defect with the masters themselves that was being transferred over to cause the problems. Bandai was offering replacement discs at one point but it took so long to get ahold of anyone there to find out what was going on [this was back when being a Helper creature meant occasionally doing something real ] that mine at least never got replaced in time.

Are you talking about the Anime Legends sets? https://www.amazon.com/Code-Geass-Lelouch-Rebellion-Complete/dp/B004G9UXEY

If so, they had that problem with other titles in that product line too. I honestly think it was more a massive f**k-up on Bandai's part than anything else. Doubt the masters had anything to do with it.

• SwimVIP Banned

All I know is that the HD transfer for Escaflowne must look beautiful, the dub's gonna be a step up, and Toonami's gonna get it at some point as a revenge pick up.

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• Helper

AntiLawnElement said:

katt_goddess said:

AntiLawnElement said:

katt_goddess said:

Zenigundam said:

Are you talking about the Anime Legends sets? https://www.amazon.com/Code-Geass-Lelouch-Rebellion-Complete/dp/B004G9UXEY

If so, they had that problem with other titles in that product line too. I honestly think it was more a massive f**k-up on Bandai's part than anything else. Doubt the masters had anything to do with it.

No, this was with the first releases where like Season 1 was broken down into 3 different boxed sets.

The Anime Legends was a known chance at a problem but neither the Cowboy Bebop or the Ghost in the Shell legend sets had issues for me, Gurren Lagann has a slight hiccup but limps along. With that sort of track record, I still would have purchased it as an Anime Legends box if that had existed at the time but at least I would have known to expect something. These were supposedly something else.

• Toonami

katt_goddess said:

AntiLawnElement said:

katt_goddess said:

AntiLawnElement said:

katt_goddess said:

Zenigundam said:

No, this was with the first releases where like Season 1 was broken down into 3 different boxed sets.

The Anime Legends was a known chance at a problem but neither the Cowboy Bebop or the Ghost in the Shell legend sets had issues for me, Gurren Lagann has a slight hiccup but limps along. With that sort of track record, I still would have purchased it as an Anime Legends box if that had existed at the time but at least I would have known to expect something. These were supposedly something else.

Ah, I can't say much then. I assume Funi will have the issue fixed, though. Problems with their sets are rare and they usually go out of their way to quickly rectify stuff on the rare occasions that an issue does arise.

• Banned

Code Geass?

Pay money for that racist POS?

https://media.giphy.com/media/POql6zsXZbmcE/giphy.gif

• Toonami

JMan1333 said:

Code Geass?

How is it racist, exactly? I want an answer.

Edit: And please don't tell me your problem is that you think it's anti-Western. Shows and movies here in the U.S. make bad guys out of pretty much every other nation on Earth on a regular basis (we've even had shows/movies do that to our allies). It would be hypocritical of pretty much all of us to have a problem with something like that when our own nation has basically built a lot of its major action franchises around doing the exact same thing.

• SwimVIP Banned

Honestly, I'd find this to be a non-complaint as Japanese people are still the most xenophobic people in the planet and it kinda has added to their charm as a culture over time.

All anime is at least somewhat anti-inclusive whenever the topic comes up.

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• Toonami

JMan1333 said:

Code Geass?

NOBODY F**KING CARES JMAN.

The only thing worse than maggots who want HxH removed based on personal preference are maggots who betray a show they love just because its ratings aren't to their liking. Also Ayumu.

http://pokenirvash.imgur.com/
    https://pokenirvash2.wordpress.com/

• Other Anime

The white gaijin get it easy compared to the Chinese guys who were either sneaky eunuchs, overly aggressive loli addicts, or wanted to make CC "compact". I'm surprised they didn't have Korean antagonists at some point.

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

• King Of the Hill Banned

JMan1333 said:

Code Geass?

You know, I really wouldn't mind having the downvote button enabled right now.

Mondays & Fridays: Girl's High
    Wednesdays: Squid Girl
    Random days: Re:ZERO

Twitter | Tumblr | Steamy | Content ratings | Something cool!