Pixar is putting the kibosh on sequels in 2020.
355   9

• SwimVIP

2019's The Incredibles 2 will be the last one and then they will refocus on originals.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/incredibles.2.release.date.plot.film.will.be.last.of.pixars.sequels/90652.htm

• Thunder Goddess

2020 is not soon enough.

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish
    "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" -- Stephen Wright

• SwimVIP

Pixar said from the getgo that they are not a follow up film company.

They have original, creative ideas that they like to just put out to celluloid and then move on to the next original creative ideas.

In hindsight, I can imagine making a sequel (Especially a prequel) is much harder than making a sequel because once you make the original film, you have to adhere to the rules of the original's universe or else the film could face creative witlessness.

Mrs. Incredible, tho.

It's great when you enjoy things.

• Helper

Good. The Toy Story ones were great, Monsters U was pretty good, and Finding Dory was just alright. Like, it wasn't bad, but it would probably feel like a better movie if I didn't know Pixar could do better.

• Helper

alt text

• SwimVIP

Actually, I personally thought that Finding Dory wasjust as good as, if not better than Monsters U.

And it goes without saying, but I hated Cars 2.

• Helper

Kind of glad about that.

Yes, sometimes there are stories that you'd like to know more about. But sequels are notorious for not quite living up to the original. Live for the original, do the best to bring the best out in it and then move on to something else that allows you to grow and experiment with your medium.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

oooh baby

It's great when you enjoy things.