Why, Windows 10, why?
509   20

• Manowarrior

I was on my dad's laptop today, and he has Windows 10, and I don't have it on my comp. My printer is broken and I wanted to print something, so I put the document on my flashdrive so I could print it from his computer. Well when the computer booted up, I clicked, and I clicked, and I clicked the windows button, but nothing happened. I pressed the windows key, and nothing happened. I thought this was because my dad's laptop is ancient and couldn't handle Windows 10 (I think it originally had XP on it). So then I got on the website I got the document from and printed from there. When I was done, I decided to try again, so I could eject my flash drive. Didn't work. Then I tried right-clicking the windows button. It worked. WHAT??? WHY THE F**K DO YOU HAVE TO RIGHT CLICK THE WINDOWS BUTTON???? THAT MAKES NO F**KING SENSE. And of course, the windows key still did nothing.

WTF Microsoft?

Congratulations 2010, 2012, and 2014 San Francisco Giants! Beat LA!

Ain't got no time for bird sex, I wanna fly...

• Assy McGee Banned

The first thing I do when I encounter new Windows is figure out how to make it look like Windows 98. That's the problem.

• Manowarrior

Cosmic_Charlie said:

The first thing I do when I encounter new Windows is figure out how to make it look like Windows 98. That's the problem.

I've never heard of anyone nostalgic for any windows older than XP.

• Assy McGee Banned

I like the 98 interface. Nothing flashy, just a no nonsense kind of presentation.

• IB Banned

lt just sounds to me like either you may have been doing something wrong or the laptop or desktop you were on was a complete dumpster fire. It was probably the second. You know a slighty busted mouse/trackpad or keyboard can make an OS bug the f**k out?

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:
    > IB's last thread was by Viperslayer

• Manowarrior

Viperslayer said:

lt just sounds to me like either you may have been doing something wrong or the laptop or desktop you were on was a complete dumpster fire. It was probably the second. You know a slighty busted mouse/trackpad or keyboard can make an OS bug the f**k out?

Oh, so it's supposed to be the left click to open it still, huh? Good.

• IB Banned

Right click gives you a bunch of quick links to things like taskmanager to my computer to controlpanel access etc

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:

• Manowarrior

Viperslayer said:

Right click gives you a bunch of quick links to things like taskmanager to my computer to controlpanel access etc

When I right clicked it gave me the menu I would expect from left click.

But that seems weird My Computer is in right click. Remember when that f**ker was right on the desktop?

I don't care much for what I've seen of it, either...

• IB Banned

There is actually a feature that swaps left and right click in windows. Sure that wasnt enabled?

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:

• Manowarrior

RPD said:

I don't care much for what I've seen of it, either...

I have a Windows 7 laptop I never use anymore. I guess I could try installing it on that, and getting a better picture of it then on my dad's old decrepit laptop.

• Manowarrior

Viperslayer said:

There is actually a feature that swaps left and right click in windows. Sure that wasnt enabled?

My dad's not very computer literate, so if that feature is on by default, then it was probably on. If it is off by default, it was probably off.

• IB Banned

Windows 10 is awesome tbh. I love it. Never had an issue or blue screen or any kind of freeze/randominsta restart

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:

• IB Banned

Im pretty sure it was input related from what youre saying

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:

• Manowarrior

Viperslayer said:

Im pretty sure it was input related from what youre saying

Is that something that could be fixed from Control Panel?

• SwimVIP Banned

Cosmic_Charlie said:

I like the 98 interface. Nothing flashy, just a no nonsense kind of presentation.

I feel like that would be PTSD for anyone who helped prevent Y2K.

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• Banned

Viperslayer said:

Windows 10 is awesome tbh. I love it. Never had an issue or blue screen or any kind of freeze/randominsta restart

Because telemetry rules?

Not surprised you're complacent with Windows 10's data-mining and privacy invasion, seeing as how your dox is laying wide out in the open for the taking.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

:moon:

I got a desktop that runs Windows XP (A.k.a. 6.1 or something like that); can I even upgrade to 10? My laptop was an 8-er, and I upgraded to 10 successfully, BTW.

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• Manowarrior

ALchemist81 said:

:moon:

I got a desktop that runs Windows XP (A.k.a. 6.1 or something like that); can I even upgrade to 10? My laptop was an 8-er, and I upgraded to 10 successfully, BTW.

The only way I know how to help you is to tag @Viperslayer

• Babbling

Doom_Metal_Alchemist said:

WTF Microsoft?

It amazes me that to this day, with MS Windows having been around for decades, that people forget their slogan is...
    "That's not a bug, that's a feature!"

Radiotsar, One Warped Vision, Charity Navigator
    Перший в стіну, коли революція іде!