Resident evil 3 is the best survival horror game ever.
666   26

• Banned

I've played them all.....Parasite Eve, Fatal Frame, NES Friday the 13th....Name it, and I've played it, but I contest that nothing encompassed that feeling of being stalked like RE3.

Nemesis was the perfect antagonist and the fact that he randomly pops up at the weirdest random moments, and chased you for endless screens on end made that game the best for me.

Yes, there have been other stalking killer games since then, but they all seem to operate on the notion that you can find a safe place quickly.....If you leave the line of sight, you can get away until the monster gets bored, but Nemesis was relentless......Almost to the point that you HAD to waste ammo forcing him to retreat because that f**ker ain't going away.

Disqus

You were banned. It fills you with determination

That was a scary element of RE:3, but Resident Evil 2 was my favorite. I played the heck out of it even though I was way too young.

• Banned

I don't know how i played and beat resident evil as a teenager. Zombie games scare the f**k out of me.

• SwimStar

i wish we still had survival horror like the older re games and silent hill 1 & 2. konami is such a pos company.

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

I never played 3. I couldn't get passed 2 since they updated so much in the RE1 Gamecube remake, but just made a basic port for 2/3. It was pretty lame. Turned out the updates were a large part of why I liked 1 and Zero was pretty good for similar reasons, too.

• Banned

Clock Tower was p much like this, except the 3rd game which wasn't even meant to be Clock Tower.

Worst part about it is trying to play point and click on a console. I think you could use the Playstation 1 mouse with those games, but it wasn't ideal.

Don't like how your player is defenseless though. Adds even more to the tension st least.

• Babbling

I don't think any of these children were alive for RE:3.

I remember how relentless Nemesis was. I never beat the game because it wasn't mine.

I was alive for RE:3.

I didn't have a PSone.

• Banned

You could walk into a screen and just hear "STARRRRZ".......But because of the shitty camera angles you never knew where he was until he was tentacle raping your ass or shooting rockets.

• Banned

Clocktower was fun, but admittedly I never played the sequels.

RE:3 is good. although. i have to admit the nemesis would REALLY mess with my head.

but..and as much as i love the whole franchise. i really enjoyed RE:4

i don't know why i enjoy it more than the others.

now...RE: code veronica was plenty of fun as well. alexia was plenty hard to beat.

ok. with that said. RE: zero was a fun ride. i enjoyed the train sequence.

the mini games. etc.

eh...who am i kidding i love them all.

i am at the end of RE: revelations..and can not beat the boss. but i know my error..and pretty sure i have to

start the game over, but..that's ok. i like that one. althouth that promenade deck mass monster grouping of

hell is nerve racking as PHUQ.

then onto RE: revelations2

so many games to play...so little time.

we are all caught in the wordbox
    Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• Banned

Not to mention Nemesis was an equal opportunity killer.....If he was in the room, he'd mow down the lesser slow moving zombie fodder to get to you....Shit was awesome.

although..that first time playing RE:1, tell me some of that wasn't the scariest

shit.

that's like the silent hill series.

i've played 1-4. all a fun creepy ride

but 1 will always be the one that scared the crap out of me.

Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• Banned

RE 1 was scary as hell, but they really upped the ante in 3.....That's what I miss.....Games that got better in sequels.....Now they just put out the same game with new features and call it a sequel.

right?

have you played the revelations? that one really isn't so terribly bad actually.

and i can't start 2 until i beat 1, and that is on hold for a while,

because i have a game called the evil within i have to get to

i started wolfenstein:the old blood, but i can't play that game. the lighting

in that messes with my vision terribly.

• Banned

I have it on DS but haven't played it pass the epilogue.

the freebie they give you? or the actual game. you should really try it. i think you might like it.

• Banned

Nah, I bought it after playing the Demo....I just haven't got around to playing it.....I hate the DS because I keep buying shit and never play it.

• Banned

I'm enjoying Alien: Isolation a lot at the moment.

And all the isometric RE's before 4 sucked for me. I hated the control scheme. The Nemesis always being on your tail ready to pop up was fun, though. Reminds me a lot of Isolation.

• Banned

We ain't cool no more pimin'......Fite me irl fgt

• Banned

To each their own. I understand why those games were popular, and the setup for them was cool. I could just never get past the setup for the controls. Once 4 came along I felt like I was finally able to get on board.