so one can't just go and join.
1139   43

no...one must sit through some bullshit sales pitch to join a gym

also, i have to wait until tuesday to see the sales chick.

give me a damn break. sigh

we are all caught in the wordbox
    Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• Thunder Goddess

Tuesday? Given my attention span, I'll lose interest by Tuesday. Heck, I'll probably lose interest halfway through the sales pitch.

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish
    "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" -- Stephen Wright

all i wanted to know was how much. and the chick couldn't even tell me that.

i was like...um..why. note to self -5 points to join

about a month ago i emailed them..and didn't get a reply for about 2 weeks another -3 points

so...if this broad doesn't just answer a simple question. how much for basic. how much for v.i.p.

i'm out.

the problem is i NEED a gym, and there aren't a lot of choices in the area.

Way to go, asshole, now we're careening off into space and will definitely die. -.- ~ perfy

• Banned

Join my shit....I got a weight bench with up to 480 in weights, and a treadmill.......That I'm not completely sure works anymore since it hasn't been used since I moved here....Still, no fee, and no interview.

You were banned. It fills you with determination

hahaha...

sure...let me just fly out there 2-3x a week to work out for 1-2 hours...

you just want someone to come hang.

• Swimuminati

They're told not to tell you before they pitch you...their way of heading off someone calling around and just signing up for the lowest priced place...the better sales guys know how to dissemble better when asked that question...

Their goal is to sell you on their porridge being the one that's jusssst right....

I used to manage a gym '>.>...tell me what city and i'll try to send you in the right direction

• SwimParagon

Running's free, and that sales chick knows that. >.>

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• Babbling

You have to meet the closer,who will try to fast talk you into something you don't need or want.

Radiotsar, One Warped Vision, Charity Navigator
    Перший в стіну, коли революція іде!

can't run. knees can't take that. walking i do...but, it's not enough

and it's SO GAWD DAMN HOT HERE!

• SwimParagon

Oh right, right, forgot. Could you just buy weights and skip the gym part? Or something?

• Special Snowflake

There should be an opening if you're in LA.

i also need an escape from my house and family.

mixboy is actually putting me on the right track. we're going over my options.

so that i'm prepared for evil sales spawn she devil.

• SwimParagon

discolemonade said:

i also need an escape from my house and family.

mixboy is actually putting me on the right track. we're going over my options.

so that i'm prepared for evil sales spawn she devil.

I don't like gyms. :( but, sounds like you need one... and +3 respect points to Mixboy.

• Assy McGee Banned

What kind of archaic area do you live in where gyms operate like this? I guess rural, since last time I joined they had a sign out front that explained everything.

yeah...country af

the closest 'city' is a college town, that well...is like a small town.

that's what i'm used to you walk in..and everything you need to know is right there.

on a board, in a pamphlet, or the person at the desk can answer a question or two.

• Swimuminati

They operate like this everywhere despite whatever sign you see advertising some special offer or some such thing...It's just bait...

• Assy McGee Banned

No, I joined that gym and started going without much hassle. Said I could get personal trainer sessions, blah blah, the upsell was at the desk.

no...not in LA.

• Swimuminati

The upsell wasn't on the sign outside?

every place is the same...slight deviations notwithstanding

hey...i don't know about all that jazz.

but...mixboy knows his stuff. for serious.

• Assy McGee Banned

You get upsold everywhere though, it wasn't too unusual. A guy at Walmart tried to sell me an extended warranty on an mp3 player. But I just walked in, had a look around and joined.