So am I the only one... That is dissapointed?
549   20

• SwimNerd

That the piece of shit Islamist dictator Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is still in power?

I wanted that coup to succeed so bad. Erdoğan turns a blind eye to terrorists who are known sympathizers of ISIS to travel through his country to attack the west, and for radicalized westerners to travel to the middle east. He himself is a radicalized Sunni... I believe (and he has been accused of by his foes) of wanting to form an "islamic state".

The Turkish military is historically secular and supports the ideals of the modern Turkish founder Mustafa Kemal Ataturk. Erdoğan is a shill for the terrorist supporting religious extremist regimes... He's a piece of shit.

The coup would have have succeeded if it wasn't for the fact that Erdoğan has taken over all the free media in turkey... Imprisoned all the senior politicians, journalists, military leaders, etc.

I don't want any more wars in the world... But I really want to see Erdoğan gone. I was hoping he'd be beheaded publicly during the coup attempt.

• SwimStar

I'm bummed out about it too.

I mean, I don't know anything about that guy, but hey, if it disappoints you, it disappoints me.

42,917 posts and 4,251 kudos for life, playa.

• SwimNerd

Thanks Skiles... I can always count on you.

• IB

My Dad has an awesome story about Turkey. He was 18, just joined the military, first out of country experience he lands in Turkey and is greeted by some kid literally squatting outside the airport and taking a deuce. he's like "well hello Turkey! Where is Incirlik and how do I get there faster?"

Seeeeeeeeeeega

• Check It Out!

They just need to end Wahabiism and move into the 21st f**king century already. Hell, even if they move into the 19th century itll be an improvement.

• SwimNerd

Ehh... I don't hold some kid taking a dump against Turkey...

Whom among us is without taking a dump in an unauthorized place may cast the first turd...

I'm pretty sure that's Jesus's exact words...

• SwimNerd

the wahabist shit is mostly Saudi Arabia... Turkey (in the modern post Ottoman Empire sense) is supposedly a secular regime... AKA a non religious government. Sadly Erdoğan has been trying to make Turkey an Islamist regime.

• IB

Man I don;t know what to do over there, I already went
    to Iraq once the muslim brotherhood has the media
    and much more all the way to egypt.

whatevah..

• SwimNerd

Yeah I know you've been over there... I haven't... So I can't really say shit... But honestly... Everyone in power over there seems like an evil Hitler wannabe. Erdoğan is legit just as evil as Assad or Saddam... Our government just currently supports him.

It's all such bullshit....

That's the way it seems to me at least... I could be wrong.

• IB

Those fools are like legit comic book villians or something.

Don't get me wrong.. I havent really done too much research

especially these days in middle eastern affairs.

I'm just saying the rich men in power over

there are no fvckin' joke. You wanna rebel and support the

people you better be ready to be like Trunks on Dragonball

super you know? So even though the common man might

support political and military assistance they are too

scared to ultimately make a change.. It's sad.

whatevah..

• Check It Out!

The worst part is that the radicals in turkey are killing people with american weapons. Meanwhile the turkish freedom fighters are kicking muslim 9-year-old-marrying ass with russian weapons.

I've begun to think this "coup" was staged by Erdogan to concentrate his power and rally support for his eventual dictatorial takeover.

But I'm the paranoid sort.

It's great when you enjoy things.

In the interest of accuracy, Mohamed married a six year old.

And people worship this guy. wtf.

It's great when you enjoy things.

• IB

but are you islamic? Do you know what it acually means

to be a wife to them? I havent read much of the Quaran

I just know it's more easily twisted then christianity

and that's scary. Christianity has probably claimed far

more lives still..

ironic, but I guess I shouldn't laugh.

whatevah..

• IB

I think the quote you speak of had to do with stones, but now I really want to TP a house for absolutely no reason. WE RIDE!!!!!!!!

Seeeeeeeeeeega

I really don't know that much about it,

Monsters come in many shapes and sizes . I'm all of them

"Jubilant supporters of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan gathered outside the president's residence in Istanbul early on Sunday in a show of support for their leader."

I've seen more than one article about how happy the people are that he won...
    I really have no sympathy for anything bad that happens to turkey...

• SwimComrad

I'm disappointed as well. I don't want any more nations to descend into being Theocratic shitholes.
    The world as a whole needs to move away from that garbage.

alt text

• Helper

You're not the first to think so, there have been a couple of news reports over the last day or so saying the same thing. I agree with this notion, especially since the hotel Erdogan was staying at was supposedly attacked right after he left the place. His forthcoming appearance on that overseas CNN seems unusually well orchestrated too. Erdogan has already been putting the screws to opposition parties and press in Turkey for quite some time now, so some Byzantine plot to shake out any opposition in the military there isn't unthinkable.

• SwimPunk Banned

The west isn't exactly innocent in that region or the world in general either