Star Trek: Beyond is getting better reviews than I expected
359   11

• Banned

Which is surprising given that the trailers made it look like liquid ass.

Then again Into Darkness was generally liked by critics upon initial release and we all know how that turned out.

I may have to have someone get a ticket for me, if only to see whether Spock spends the climax of this one punching a whale.

well you gotta go into those movies not expecting star trek star trek and just have a good time

if ur reading this ur hot

• Banned

Yes I know it's going to be 2Fast2Furious in Space. JJ Abrams did everything he could to throw the original Star Trek fanbase under the bus so as to not make the general public feel like they were associating with those gross dweebs when the first of his bloatwagons hit theaters back in 2009. Realizing that doesn't make him less of a blight on science fiction.

theres already been a bunch of show-based films abrams was just making a star trek film in his own style

it was a star trek film for a movie environment and not for the hardcore fans of the show which is what you said i guess just in a less scolding tone

and tbh i liked super 8 which was his most understated film. it still had explosions and action in it but i thought it was a good movie and did what it was aiming to do

• Banned

Super 8 was terrible. Super 8 was so terrible in fact that it made the Spielberg films he was paying homage to (i.e. ripping off) worse when I went back and watched them again.

At the end of the day Star Trek as a property doesn't make for good movies in the 2010's. You have to make it too retarded in order for it to generate a revenue.

• Banned

You mean like Insurrection?

E_NAD said:

Super 8 was terrible. Super 8 was so terrible in fact that it made the Spielberg films he was paying homage to (i.e. ripping off) worse when I went back and watched them again.

At the end of the day Star Trek as a property doesn't make for good movies in the 2010's. You have to make it too retarded in order for it to generate a revenue.

sorry i was pooping and forgot i posted here

so whats up

• Banned

We were discussed how Insurrection sucked too.

E_NAD said:

We were discussed how Insurrection sucked too.

i never saw it but ill take your word for it deviantart mario

• Banned

I'm going to make that my next screen name.

i hope youre doing it now