Habbening Part Deux: Electric Boogaloo
789   9

• Banned

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/17/baton-rouge-police-respond-to-report-officers-down.html

DEVELOPING --Police in Louisiana say that more than one officer has been shot in Baton Rouge, The Associated Press reported.

The shooting happened early Sunday, less than 1 mile from police headquarters.

Baton Rouge Police Sgt. Don Coppola did not know the extent of the injuries or the precise number of officers injured.

He said that authorities believe the "scene is contained," meaning that a shooter was unlikely on the loose.

Fox8 Live reported that police were responding to a report of officers shot.

Multiple agencies are responding to the scene, the station reported.

The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development reported the area was closed to traffic.

The city has seen protests since the death of Alton Sterling , 37, was shot and killed July 5 as he wrestled with two white police officers outside the convenience store in a Baton Rouge, La., suburb where he sold music and movies on compact discs. Police say he was armed.

• Banned

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/crime_police/article_70595fc8-4c2a-11e6-8d54-8fde922185e6.html

Update, 10:16 a.m.

East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Casey Rayborn Hicks said the area is still an active scene.

Both lanes of Airline Highway are shut down from Goodwood Boulevard to Old Hammond Highway and from Old Hammond to Drusilla Drive, Hicks said.

About 20 police officers wearing bulletproof vests are near the scene and a helicopter is flying overhead.

Update, 10:05 a.m.

Baton Rouge Police spokesman Sgt. Don Coppola confirmed that several officers were shot by gunfire.

The scene is "contained," he said, but was unable to confirm if the suspect(s) were apprehended.

Coppola said that East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office deputies may have also been among those shot.

Update, 10 a.m.

Two Baton Rouge police officers shot on Sunday morning have died, confirmed William Daniel, the city-parish's chief administrative officer.

Update, 9:56 a.m.

East Baton Rouge Parish Mayor-President Kip Holden tells CNN that "three police officers are feared dead."

Original story

At least one police officer has been shot in Baton Rouge on Sunday morning, and there's an active shooter situation in the area of Airline and Old Hammond highways, Baton Rouge police confirm.

As of 9:30 a.m., Airline Highway was closed in both directions between Goodwood Boulevard and Interstate 12.

• Banned

Too early to tell if it's the same cops I suppose.

The Wire certainly has stunk in recent seasons.

• Babbling

Louisiana's police force is one of the most corrupt in the nation, besides Dallas. It's about time the citizens started shooting back.

and also, Hi Bucket!

• Helper

Might as well before this gets deleted....

BL(d)M is a violent hate group motivated by racial animus.

The probability that we may fail in the struggle aught not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. -Abraham Lincoln

• Babbling

Big Lips Don't Matter?

• SwimNinja

I agree. There's nothing more violent than black people protesting being killed because dark skin is on the same scary level as a xenomorph. No, we should do the right thing by just getting murdered so people like you feel safer.

"The enemy of my enemy is just another man standing in my way." -Nikita

• Banned

Jingai said:

Might as well before this gets deleted....

BL(d)M is a violent hate group motivated by racial animus.

Out of curiosity are you brave enough to tell us what the "d" stands for? You're safely on the internet, your old bones won't get broken.

• Banned

Sorce said:

I agree. There's nothing more violent than black people protesting being killed because dark skin is on the same scary level as a xenomorph. No, we should do the right thing by just getting murdered so people like you feel safer.

I'm in the throes of Alien: Isolation on PS4 at the moment. When I imagine the xenomorph as a black guy asking me for the time I find myself running out of flame thrower fuel much more often. Which is problematic, as ammo is sparse in this game.