ESPN U is showing people playing LOL
1050   36

• Banned

Thus really stretching what should be considered a sport.

• ShoeHands

LOL is a terrible game

Hey man...
    I stopped judging what they put on there since they had Poker and Spelling Bees.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Banned

psychokinetic_morty said:

LOL is a terrible game

It's also not a sport.

• Banned

UncivillyPandaKa said:

Hey man...
    I stopped judging what they put on there since they had Poker and Spelling Bees.

This may be lower.

• SwimDandy

E-sports. Amirite?

They also air the Madden tournaments too, so this is no surprise.

JMan1333 said:

UncivillyPandaKa said:

Hey man...

This may be lower.

Ehhh...
    As much as I may not like MOBAs, particularly LoL, they got some big pots sometimes.
    Like legit money.
    So a Spelling Bee is a bit less exciting for me.
    Implying either really are to begin with.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• SwimHero

thy should show mtg on that channel again. then i'd watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t0pzLnSWw0

Janeway Rules!

• Babbling

In their early days, they used to show Australian Rules Football. It was on at 2 am while I sat with my Mom in ICU.

It was the most bizarre thing I had ever seen, a kind of organized "slaughter the bum" and the scorekeeper officials were wearing what looked like white lab coats with white pith helmets. I couldn't stop laughing, 'cause I had no idea what was going on.

Radiotsar, One Warped Vision, Charity Navigator
    Перший в стіну, коли революція іде!

• Helper

They are going to be showing the SFV finals on ESPN 2 tonight.

Important links:
    Chats Notifications Users Markdown
    Don't make me call Big T to get you.

• SwimDandy

alt text

• Banned

DBZ4ever said:

They are going to be showing the SFV finals on ESPN 2 tonight.

And people are going to watch it? If people want to watch a fight, why not just watch, I dunno, boxing like the Wilder fight last night?

• ShoeHands

ESPN is doing a lot to try to push E-Sports

Because, E-Sports are now a thing

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

• Helper

Don't know, Twitch makes money with e-sports so I guess ESPN wants to see if they can get some of it.

Important links:
    Chats Notifications Users Markdown
    Don't make me call Big T to get you.

• Nyaa or Nothing

I can't take espn seriously if they're going to air e-sports but spent the majority of those time airing commercials instead.

• Banned

Ask that to the thousands of people who have been watching EVO streams since 2009.

• Check It Out!

E-sports have been around since at least the 80s. And what else do you call a competitive activity involving teams of players that use strategy, communication, and teamwork to achieve a goal?

• Check It Out!

I think what you're doing is confusing the term sport with the idea of athleticism. The two are independent of one another.

• SwimComrad

Chocolate_Soda said:

I think what you're doing is confusing the term sport with the idea of athleticism. The two are independent of one another.

True. And ESPN has had good ratings with poker, so why not try to see what E-gaming can bring in?

The day I graced your village, it was the most important day of your life...but for me, it was Tuesday.

• IB Banned

Chocolate_Soda said:

E-sports have been around since at least the 80s. And what else do you call a competitive activity involving teams of players that use strategy, communication, and teamwork to achieve a goal?

dont feed the fail trolls
    i play ice hockey and have for 15 years and i consider certain pro gaming circuits to be sports

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:
    > IB's last thread was by Viperslayer

(rolls eyes)

It's just hockey. Not ice hockey. And pro gaming circuits aren't sports; they're competitive activities. Sports require physical exertion.