The Sisters of Mercy
846   25

Anyone here fans of this band?

• Helper

I have them on cassette somewhere in the mystery closet.

I used to crank them at the frat in the afternoon because no one was around to complain about it.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

I've only heard Floodland and that was 11 years ago. I'm just now starting to listen to more of them

• Helper

Kudasai said:

I've only heard Floodland and that was 11 years ago. I'm just now starting to listen to more of them

That's the name of the cassette I have.

Over and over again along with Bauhaus. And some Disney soundtracks, Wayne's World, and Weird Al.

Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

Cassettes

• SwimVIP

Bauhaus, The Cure, Joy Division, Siouxsie And The Banshees, The Creatures, London After Midnight, Type O Negative, and My Life With The Thrill Kult for more examples of Goth Rock bands. ;)

"Revenge can be bittersweet, but if you sit back and watch, KARMA can be pure entertainment." ~ David Avocado Wolfe

"If a guy wants you for your breasts, thighs, and legs, send him to KFC. You're a lady, not a cheap value meal." ~ Nicolas Cage

Are they related to Twisted Sister?

• SwimVIP

Zenigundam said:

Are they related to Twisted Sister?

Twisted Sister was an '80s Hair Metal band.

"Revenge can be bittersweet, but if you sit back and watch, KARMA can be pure entertainment." ~ David Avocado Wolfe

"If a guy wants you for your breasts, thighs, and legs, send him to KFC. You're a lady, not a cheap value meal." ~ Nicolas Cage

The Sisters are the band I want explore the most.

• SwimVIP

If you haven't already, you should definitely check out those other bands I listed, especially London After Midnight.

• Lord Of the Munge Façade

Yep.

Good music.

So Luuv hooked me up with a custom rank.

Which means I only have two more prizes to claim, plus an image sig.

So that's where we stand.

Peter Steele

I laughed my ass off when he said the reason why he posed for Playgirl was to get more women and more homosexual men at their shows

• SwimVIP

RIP Peter Steele!

So many have left us

• SwimVIP

Yeah, I know. It still doesn't mean that we can't continue to enjoy and appreciate their music. BTW: Here's some London After Midnight or LAM.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrMN6ncLQP0

• SwimIcon

k. so the video is kinda cheesy. it's still a cool song though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG1PTcKQkIs

katt_goddess said:

I used to crank them at the frat in the afternoon because no one was around to complain about it.

Cassette? How old are you?

• SwimVIP

JeNewBee said:

katt_goddess said:

I'm willing to bet quite a few or more on here have no idea what life was like, before the existence of music downloads. Those of us in our mid-30's and older remember what it was like to have songs on vinyl, cassette, and CD's.

If people didn't have enough money to buy an entire album, we also recorded songs from the radio stations. We would wait to hear the DJ announce the songs we wanted to have played. Then, we recorded them on tape. When I was growing up, I sometimes bought blank tapes to record songs I already had on vinyl and CD as backups because CD's and records scratch very easily.

• Helper

JeNewBee said:

katt_goddess said:

I remember 8 tracks.

I also remember vinyl when vinyl was the only option and not some hipster flashback option thing sold at Hot Topic.

katt_goddess said:

JeNewBee said:

katt_goddess said:

I remember 8 tracks.

I also remember vinyl when vinyl was the only option and not some hipster flashback option thing sold at Hot Topic.

How old are you
    Like 30s 40s?