WOULDN'T IT BE AMAZING IF SYFY ANNOUNCED A NEW FUNIMATION BLOCK AT SDCC??
219   7

• Mobile Suit Gundam

I know the time was wrong when the Chiller block had its ill-fated run on Wednesdays last year, but WHAT IF it were done RIGHT? What if rather than using older shows, FUNimation were actually to use broadcast dubs this time? Could it be successful? Dimension W was successful, but it rode DBZ Kai's coattails, and aside from DBZ Kai and One Piece, believe it or not FUNimation is pretty much gone from Toonami TV, so they could use a new outlet for high-profile broadcast dubs such as First Love Monster and Drifters.

FUNimation Fridays has a nice ring to it...

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• SwimSage Banned

• Helper

Even if they decided to bring back an Ani-Monday type of thing, they'd just torpedo it by pre-empting it all over the place with re-run marathons, random moves to other days without any sort of adequate warning or reason, and the Sharknado Quadology.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• ShoeHands

katt_goddess said:

Even if they decided to bring back an Ani-Monday type of thing, they'd just torpedo it by pre-empting it all over the place with re-run marathons, random moves to other days without any sort of adequate warning or reason, and the Sharknado Quadology.

Pretty much this

Im not sure if Sci-fy has the ability to run any bloc in a way that would make it successful.

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

• Toonami

>First Love Monster
    >on Syfy

Do you even read your posts before you post them?

The only thing worse than maggots who want HxH removed based on personal preference are maggots who betray a show they love just because its ratings aren't to their liking. Also Ayumu.

http://pokenirvash.imgur.com/
    https://pokenirvash2.wordpress.com/

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Ok, ok, I was looking for a good example of a broadcast dub and found--THAT--instead. There may not be an example of a good FUNi broadcast dub this season. Too bad Berserk went to Crunchyroll.

But Drifters is different, even being produced by Syfy's parent company in Japan.

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• King Of the Hill Banned

Poke_Nirvash said:

>First Love Monster
    >on Syfy

Do you even read your posts before you post them?

It has "Monster" in the name. Therefore, it's good enough for Syfy.

This is the same mindset that earned Is This a Zombie? a slot on Chiller.

Mondays & Fridays: Girl's High
    Wednesdays: Squid Girl
    Random days: Re:ZERO

Twitter | Tumblr | Steamy | Content ratings | Something cool!