This is fucking outrageous... I am sick to my stomach.
172   4

• Banned

http://wsvn.com/news/local/video-shows-moments-before-north-miami-police-shot-unarmed-man/

An unarmed black man was shot by police while on the ground, unarmed, and hands in the air. He was talking to police and explaining that he was a therapist at a house for mentally disabled people. He was trying to help a severely Autistic man that he was the caretaker for, who had run away.

The Autistic man did not understand the situation and had a toy truck in his hands, the Therapist was attempting to get the Autistic man to lay on the ground like the police instructed and put the toy down.

You can hear and see him pleading with the police officers not to shoot him and that he is unarmed, and just trying to help his mentally ill and disabled patient.

When he asks why the cop shot him, the cop responds with "I don't know", they other police officers then pull out 3 pairs of handcuffs and flip the man on his stomach on the pavement and cuff his hands while he lay there bleeding.

This officer is not a good officer, he should not have been on a police force at all. Officers should have more rigorous mental evaluations, and training before being on a force that is authorized to shoot civilians in dangerous situations to keep the peace.

I do not in anyway lump all cops together, I think there are alot of police that have good intentions and just want to protect people by stopping things like gang violence and suicidal people and domestic violence.

The problem here is that too often men like this that are clearly unfit are protected by the system. He should be prosecuted immediately, and lose his job, and go to prison for what he did. Things like this erode public trust in the police and the laws in our country.

This is absolutely unacceptable violence, and behavior. And it makes me angry as a mentally ill person to see someone who is mentally handicapped being involved in such a situation. It was not only traumatizing the to the man who was shot, but the innocent man he was trying to help and care for. I am seriously angry.

• Banned

Guess you didn't see this posted already.

If you gotta go go with a smile

• Banned

1. I've said it before -- we have the largest prison population in the world -- much larger than even communist/supposedly autocratic nations have

2. we have a police state bureaucracy that is the 1 thing I would love to see shrunk/slashed by the Republican nutcutters in Congress.

3 -- there are lots and lots of people in law enforcement who as I've said multiple times -- have no business what so ever being there.

4 -- law enforcement is just a way for the elites to put ex-military types to work to keep them from forming a mlitia or "going Oswald." Its a form of political pay off. Give them a gun and a badge.

1. as I noted above -- many in law enforcement even don't realize you have to have a temperament for the trade. You have to be cool-headed and you have to know how to de-escalate a situation. Many cops aren't trained to do this. And many frankly don't have the nerves, psychiatric abilities, impulse control, etc. to do the job correctly -- again -- lots of people in law enforcement who have no business what so ever being there who don't have the skill sets, temperament or impulse control to not let situations spiral out of control.

2. I understand the cop may have been scared -- especially in the wake of the media amping up sht in Dallas/Baton Rouge but its no real excuse. He needs to be criminally charged and we need to drastically and massively cut law enforcement and prison budgets nationwide on both the state and federal levels.

We have snitch networks and "intelligence networks" that rival or out-do those that the secret police ran in nations like the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany. We aren't I don't think to the level the Stasi and KGB went into the 50s/60s but we're damn close with the drug war as an excuse to turn the country into a f**king war zone.

There are numerous stories of no-knock warrants, police getting sht warrants with shoddy evidence and then doing raids on houses where no drugs were found and then they get away scot-free due to immunity laws.....something has to change.

• Banned

Sawdamizer said:

Guess you didn't see this posted already.

No sorry, I did not see it. I don't look at every thread made, and the title had nothing about the shooting. Of course mine doesn't either...

Anyways I am sorry for the double thread content.