Toonami Panel at SDCC
3099   80

• Helper

Well it's tonight at 8pm pacific so discuss what you think they've got up their sleeves and later discuss what they did announce.

The panel won't be streamed live but it will be streamed as Pre-Flight tomorrow at 6:30pm eastern.

SDCC as in San Diego Comic Con?

I only have one question. Dear Toonami panel, when do your producers plan to stop airing generic, flavor-of-the-month anime? Where's the TV-MA seinen we were expecting? Where's the variety? Guess that was more than one question, but take your time.

• Helper

Here's what I'm expecting

They confirm Samurai Jack for Fall but probably not a specific date.

We find out the future for the Dragon Ball franchise on the block, be that Buu saga, Super or both.

One more show before the end of the year. I'm rooting for Lupin but I'd also be thrilled to see Ushio & Tora or Blood Blockade Battlefront.

• Helper

Zenigundam said:

SDCC as in San Diego Comic Con?

I only have one question. Dear Toonami panel, when do your producers plan to stop airing generic, flavor-of-the-month anime? Where's the TV-MA seinen we were expecting? Where's the variety? Guess that was more than one question, but take your time.

They are still showing Parasyte and One-Punch Man is actually seinin.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Sketchor said:

We find out the future for the Dragon Ball franchise on the block, be that Buu saga, Super or both.

One more show before the end of the year. I'm rooting for Lupin but I'd also be thrilled to see Ushio & Tora or Blood Blockade Battlefront.

Agreed, but add a Dimension W-style broadcast dub of Drifters to that mix!

[Maybe THAT'LL shut Zeni up!]

Oh, and a One-Punch Man marathon on September 3rd at 11 PM, as well as a "One-Punch Drunk" viewing/drinking party at DragonCon!

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• SwimVIP Banned

Sketchor said:

This. All of this.

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• Mobile Suit Gundam

I think we'll get that Samurai Jack start date, because I believe it'll be September 10th!

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• Helper

ALchemist81 said:

Sketchor said:

Agreed, but add a Dimension W-style broadcast dub of Drifters to that mix!

[Maybe THAT'LL shut Zeni up!]

Oh, and a One-Punch Man marathon on September 3rd at 11 PM, as well as a "One-Punch Drunk" viewing/drinking party at DragonCon!

You are really pulling for Drifters. It's certainly possible but there's numerous other possibilities.

• SwimStar

Sketchor said:

pls no. i could handle the buu saga cause i'll tune in every now and then, but super is legitimately one of the worst series in the past two years.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/12XMGIWtrHBl5e/giphy.gif

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

• Mobile Suit Gundam

'Course I am. And unlike Berserk, which went to Crunchyroll, it's actually accessible!

Don't get me wrong: I'd still be happy with BBB or Lupin III part 4, but I will actually subscribe to Funimation Now if Drifters doesn't get picked up by Toonami!

• SwimVIP Banned

All they need to do is play the Buu saga, Battle Of Gods, and Resurrection F and be done with the franchise (and hope to God Hunter X Hunter picks up the slack, get Jojo, or Bleach comes back).

Though Sean Schemmel did mention he was about to record voices for Super in April, so...f**k.

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• Toonami

And Berserk having crappy animation.

After how horrible Dimension W was, I'd rather they wait and see with shows instead of going for "broadcast dubs" again. The only time they should make an exception is if it's for a proven ongoing series, like a 2nd season.

Was Called a Hipster by Ben
    Hold The Door

• SwimVIP Banned

Not really a broadcast dub, but I can see them go after Mob Psycho 100 after One Punch Man is finished.

• Helper

Depends on who gets the broadcast rights to Mob Psycho. It might actually be CR.

• Toonami

I completely forgot about this, so it's a pleasant surprise for me. As for my expectations, I definitely think SJ will be confirmed for the fall. It wouldn't surprise me if they had a definitive date. I think they'll announce another show too, though I have no idea what it would be, so I'll just make my usual guess and say FMA '03.

My Hummingbird: https://hummingbird.me/users/CaptainStarwind

Fucking WHAT?

• Helper

They will be airing an episode of 'something' . 'Something' that hasn't been announced yet but is officially in the pipeline for airing so technically the first people outside of the ones who actually were with the project to see it will be the SDCC audience peeps. ;)

That's my official 'guess' .

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Well, 1.75 hours until we find out what's up!! I say gotta be the date for Jack because if it ain't what the hell IS there to announce!?

• Toonami

Would hope there is more to talk about then Samuari Jack and Intruder 3, which they said they had nothing but an idea at the last con they were at; if I'm not mistaken.

But in all honesty there will probably be more about both of those and probably about FLCL and not much else. Probably good odds on SDCC screwing things up like the previous con did too.

Hold The Door

• King Of the Hill Banned

I'd go with pretty much everything that has already been said.

Apparently, Funimation is going to announce that they have Dragon Ball Super in just a little while. I'm expecting Toonami to say that they're gonna air The Final Chapters, but probably not Super for a good long while.

An Intruder 3 promo seems within reach. Did they say they've already started working on it?

I would like to see something truly shocking and out of the blue just for the hell of it, such as them saying that Naruto: Shippuden is getting removed in August and being replaced by a broadcast dub of Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- from Crunchyroll.

[alternatively, Macross Delta]

Mondays & Fridays: Girl's High
    Wednesdays: Squid Girl
    Random days: Re:ZERO

Twitter | Tumblr | Steamy | Content ratings | Something cool!

• King Of the Hill Banned

CaptainStarwind said:

I think they'll announce another show too, though I have no idea what it would be, so I'll just make my usual guess and say FMA '03.

That would require a major change of heart from Aniplex. It ain't happenin' no matter how hard you pray.

[because thoughts and prayers mean nothing]

Mondays & Fridays: Girl's High
    Wednesdays: Squid Girl
    Random days: Re:ZERO

Twitter | Tumblr | Steamy | Content ratings | Something cool!

• Toonami

Here's wild speculation, instead of nothing but marathons in Nov-December we might get a movie or two.

Hold The Door