JoJo's Bizarre Adventure coming to Toonami
16271   232

• SwimVIP Banned

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• King Of the Hill Banned

So, as of October, every show on the block will be at least 26 episodes in length.

Huh.

[I think Ben just had a heart attack]

Mondays & Fridays: Girl's High
    Wednesdays: Squid Girl
    Random days: Re:ZERO

Twitter | Tumblr | Steamy | Content ratings | Something cool!

• SwimVIP Banned

Or they're ditching the rerun slot.

And Jojo's like 100+ episodes at this point (or will be very soon).

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• SwimDandy

Part 3 (sans the first 3 episodes) and part 4 have not been dubbed yet.

• SwimStar

another permanent slot if dbz doesn't leave the block.

just end my life already familia
    http://i.imgur.com/JU0TvFg.gif

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

• SwimPeanut

Jojo's a long runner? That's kinda neat becaus I've seen all the long runners on Toonami rn so it'll be cool to have a new one to me. Is it replacing Kai I wonder? I'd be shocked if there was no Buu saga.

• Toonami

Not that that matters since Viz looks to be pushing the series and will likely redub those 3 episodes with the cast they have for the show.

Was Called a Hipster by Ben
    Hold The Door

• Banned

DeusExMasquerade said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn8Ks4eUEAUTZWQ.jpg:large

Coming this Fall.

• Banned

JefferzOPP said:

Jojo's a long runner? That's kinda neat becaus I've seen all the long runners on Toonami rn so it'll be cool to have a new one to me. Is it replacing Kai I wonder? I'd be shocked if there was no Buu saga.

Not in the conventional sense. Each arc is self contained. Seasons 1 and 2 are only 26 episodes and cover the manga's first two arcs. Season 3 is 52 and covers the third arc. I don't know how long the currently running Season 4 will be.

• SwimDandy

The only thing I don't like about this is the logo. I mean, the logo itself is fine, but do they really have to add 'The Animation' at the bottom?

• Check It Out!

• Banned

Soy_Bomb said:

The only thing I don't like about this is the logo. I mean, the logo itself is fine, but do they really have to add 'The Animation' at the bottom?

That's from the Japanese release.

I don't get it either.

• SwimDandy

JMan1333 said:

JefferzOPP said:

Not in the conventional sense. Each arc is self contained. Seasons 1 and 2 are only 26 episodes and cover the manga's first two arcs. Season 3 is 52 and covers the third arc. I don't know how long the currently running Season 4 will be.

Part 4 is supposed to be around 30 or so episodes.

• SwimVIP Banned

JefferzOPP said:

We might find out by the end of this.

I do think either they gotta expand a slot or kick out One Piece if they don't get rid of DBZ (I fully expect Buu otherwise).

• Toonami

DeusExMasquerade said:

JefferzOPP said:

We might find out by the end of this.

I do think either they gotta expand a slot or kick out One Piece if they don't get rid of DBZ (I fully expect Buu otherwise).

Can they expand and dump One Piece?

Though I doubt they'd cut One Piece. Despite it not doing all that great they seem more likely to dump Naruto.

Hold The Door

• Banned

Can-cel One Piece! Clap clap clap clap clap CAN-CEL ONE PIECE! CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP.

• Helper

Venomlord said:

Not that that matters since Viz looks to be pushing the series and will likely redub those 3 episodes with the cast they have for the show.

Did they recast Stardust Crusaders? I've been hoping they'd keep the test-run cast whenever they got around to doing the rest.

EMPRESS OF FANGURLZ

• SwimDandy

Based on what I've seen of the Polnareff dub clip from Anime Expo, it seems like they're keeping the original cast in tact.

• Toonami

They may recast it

Hold The Door

• Special Snowflake

JefferzOPP said:

Well, it's a long runner in the sense that the manga has been running since January 1987, and the most recent chapter came out a week ago. (113 volumes published so far)

The current season of the anime is only on the 4th Part, which ran in Shonen Jump from 1992 to '95.

• Banned

Do people really enjoy one piece and Naruto? I mean, they're not even good for their genre.