JoJo's Bizarre Adventure coming to Toonami
13579   232

• SwimVIP Banned

Coming this October.

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• King Of the Hill Banned

So, as of October, every show on the block will be at least 26 episodes in length.

Huh.

[I think Ben just had a heart attack]

Mondays & Fridays: Girl's High
    Wednesdays: Squid Girl
    Random days: Re:ZERO

Twitter | Tumblr | Steamy | Content ratings | Something cool!

• SwimVIP Banned

Or they're ditching the rerun slot.

And Jojo's like 100+ episodes at this point (or will be very soon).

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• SwimDandy

Part 3 (sans the first 3 episodes) and part 4 have not been dubbed yet.

• SwimStar

another permanent slot if dbz doesn't leave the block.

just end my life already familia

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

• SwimPeanut

Jojo's a long runner? That's kinda neat becaus I've seen all the long runners on Toonami rn so it'll be cool to have a new one to me. Is it replacing Kai I wonder? I'd be shocked if there was no Buu saga.

• Toonami

Not that that matters since Viz looks to be pushing the series and will likely redub those 3 episodes with the cast they have for the show.

Was Called a Hipster by Ben
    Hold The Door

• Banned

DeusExMasquerade said:

Coming this Fall.

• Banned

JefferzOPP said:

Jojo's a long runner? That's kinda neat becaus I've seen all the long runners on Toonami rn so it'll be cool to have a new one to me. Is it replacing Kai I wonder? I'd be shocked if there was no Buu saga.

Not in the conventional sense. Each arc is self contained. Seasons 1 and 2 are only 26 episodes and cover the manga's first two arcs. Season 3 is 52 and covers the third arc. I don't know how long the currently running Season 4 will be.

• SwimDandy

The only thing I don't like about this is the logo. I mean, the logo itself is fine, but do they really have to add 'The Animation' at the bottom?

• Check It Out!

• Banned

Soy_Bomb said:

The only thing I don't like about this is the logo. I mean, the logo itself is fine, but do they really have to add 'The Animation' at the bottom?

That's from the Japanese release.

I don't get it either.

• SwimDandy

JMan1333 said:

JefferzOPP said:

Not in the conventional sense. Each arc is self contained. Seasons 1 and 2 are only 26 episodes and cover the manga's first two arcs. Season 3 is 52 and covers the third arc. I don't know how long the currently running Season 4 will be.

Part 4 is supposed to be around 30 or so episodes.

• SwimVIP Banned

JefferzOPP said:

We might find out by the end of this.

I do think either they gotta expand a slot or kick out One Piece if they don't get rid of DBZ (I fully expect Buu otherwise).

• Toonami

DeusExMasquerade said:

JefferzOPP said:

We might find out by the end of this.

I do think either they gotta expand a slot or kick out One Piece if they don't get rid of DBZ (I fully expect Buu otherwise).

Can they expand and dump One Piece?

Though I doubt they'd cut One Piece. Despite it not doing all that great they seem more likely to dump Naruto.

Hold The Door

• Banned

Can-cel One Piece! Clap clap clap clap clap CAN-CEL ONE PIECE! CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP.

• Helper

Venomlord said:

Not that that matters since Viz looks to be pushing the series and will likely redub those 3 episodes with the cast they have for the show.

Did they recast Stardust Crusaders? I've been hoping they'd keep the test-run cast whenever they got around to doing the rest.

EMPRESS OF FANGURLZ

• SwimDandy

Based on what I've seen of the Polnareff dub clip from Anime Expo, it seems like they're keeping the original cast in tact.

• Toonami

They may recast it

Hold The Door

• Special Snowflake

JefferzOPP said:

Well, it's a long runner in the sense that the manga has been running since January 1987, and the most recent chapter came out a week ago. (113 volumes published so far)

The current season of the anime is only on the 4th Part, which ran in Shonen Jump from 1992 to '95.

• Banned

Do people really enjoy one piece and Naruto? I mean, they're not even good for their genre.