alt text
    One Punch Man
    Episode 2
    "The Long Cyborg" Kanji: 孤高のサイボーグ/Rōmaji : Kokō no Saibōgu

Japan Air Date: October 11, 2015
    English Air Date : July 23, 2016
    Chapters: 5, 6, 7, 8

Long One Punch Man episode one summery:
    "A monster appears in the city and begins to wreak havoc. As it is about to kill a young girl, Saitama arrives and saves her. The monster introduces itself as Vaccine Man, and claims to have come into existence to eradicate mankind due to their pollution of Earth. Vaccine Man then transforms himself into a giant monstrosity, and Saitama proceeds to kill him with a single punch, after which he screams in frustration at his own strength. The episode then switches to a flashback, showing an unemployed Saitama's encounter three years previously with Crabrante, a man who gained crab-like features after eating too much crab. Crabrante spares him, explaining that it is hunting a boy with a large chin. Saitama promptly encounters the child, who is revealed to have drawn nipples on Crabrante with permanent marker while he was asleep. When Crabrante finds them, Saitama decides to protect the child, and kills the monster by ripping out its eyestalk with his necktie. As present-day Saitama reminisces about the events, a colossal man attacks the city. The giant man named Marugori (lit. "Beefcake"), is the result of an experimental steroid called "Biceps Brachii King", developed by his mad scientist older brother named Fukegao (lit. "Oldface"), who first appears riding on Marugori's right shoulder, saying that this was incredible. The episode reverts to a flashback of Marugori having a workout in his older brother's lab, while Fukegao (who have just done inventing his steroid drug "Biceps Brachii King") ingested the drug to his little brother, claiming that this makes him the most powerful man on earth. Marugori immediately drinks it and grows rapidly at a high rate. Fukegao, who was just standing watching him growing fast remarks that this will do. The episode jumps back to the present-day Marugori, who was now a severely mutated giant, with Fukegao's arrogant statement that The Brain and the Brawn Brothers would have the greatest of mind and the strongest of the bodies and also remarked that they would rule the world as kings. The giant then swing his arm and the city was destroyed in an instant. Fukegao, observing, was astounded by the death of so many people that he motivates his younger brother to destroy the next town. Moments later, Saitama reappears riding on Marugori's other shoulder, the reason that Fukegao was shock. He orders Marugori to kill the guy on his shoulder, accidentally causing Fukegao's own death when his brother smacks the wrong shoulder. When Marugori investigates his own hand, he then freaks out in shock, saying that why this just happens to him and he just wants to be strong and when he saw Saitama on his left shoulder, he begins to enrage. The enraged Marugori first throw Saitama to the ground and he then jumps back with all of his raging heart and attacked Saitama with various blows, which leaves a giant hole. Marugori mourns for Fukegao after seemingly crushing Saitama and bemoans the fact that despite being the strongest man alive, he feels empty. Saitama, emerging unharmed, agrees that absolute power is boring and defeats the giant with a single punch, accidentally destroying City B when the giant falls on it. After Saitama's victory, he runs into a strange being looting an abandoned area. The monster reveals itself to be the Super Custom YO649Z Mk.ll, a being that loves custom cars to the point of wearing car parts in order to resemble one. Saitama takes out the monster with a single punch when it mentions his bald head. The next morning, he wakes up to find himself in the middle of an invasion of the surface by overpopulated Subterraneans, who have already exterminated 70% of humanity. Surprised by their strength, he deems them worthy opponents and engages them in a mighty battle. At the moment he has defeated a great number of them and is about to fight the Subterranean King, he wakes up to discover that it was a dream. Finding an actual invasion by the Subterraneans outside, he is disappointed when they quickly surrender after he easily defeats their king. After the credits, Genos is seen standing in a field of desiccated cow corpses. He then turns and begins walking towards the city"

Opening : The Hero!! ~Ikareru Ken ni Honō o Tsukeru~ by the band JAM Project
    https://youtu.be/atxYe-nOa9w

Ending: Hoshi yori Saki ni Mitsukete Ageru
    https://youtu.be/y2b6vyfIgAI

Director: Ushijima Shinichiro
    Screenplay :Satoshihiro Suzuki
    Storyboard: Shingo Natsume
    Animation Director: Keisuke Kojima

Rules: no flaming, no spoiling, no second punches

Only on
    @Toonami

A Cruel Angel's Thesis is due tomorrow morning

• Mobile Suit Gundam

ROUND #2

LET'S FIGHT!!

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• SwimPeanut

All right! Let's get punching!

Some days, some nights, some live, some die in the name of the Samurai!

Never underestimate a woman!

See ya, Space Cowboys and Cowgirls!

Let's hope this is an improvement off of episode 1, which seemed to be lacking in the plot department.

• Banned

You don't watch parody's for the plot! Did you watch Scary movie for the plot? =P

But anyway, One punch man does have some small plot arcs, if you want to call them that, they tend to last about 2 episodes.

So you're saying that a parody of anime with plots is the series that everybody is so hyped about?

• Banned

A hilarious anime with memorable characters an amazing soundtrack and some of the best fights in anime history? Yup.

• SwimPeanut

@Zenigundam It's a parody of superheroes. More than welcome after the disaster that was Batman Vs. Superman.

Honestly, don't you like parodies? You don't take them seriously, or look for a working plot! You LAUGH at them! That's the point.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Why's Zeni gotta come in here and attack OPM? I can almost tolerate his bashing of Gundam IBO because its ratings have been lackluster, but this show did better in its first week than IBO has done in 6, and also better than Dimension W ever did in 18-49, so I'd say lay off on it!

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• SwimPeanut

I can see why Gundam's ratings have been dismal. It's....kinda boring. Not like most Gundam shows. I mean something is missing, like say....the actual Gundams a lot of the time?

One Punch Man is ANYTHING but boring...despite what the title character thinks!

• SwimNerd

My cousin is flipping out that this is finally on AS
    Shes already seen it all and has been trying to get me to also.
    Well i guess i will now

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not sure about the former.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Rewatching Episode 1 (or should I say "Round 1"??) on the stream right now, and I'm anxious to hear how exactly Toonami will cut "The Hero". Hopefully, like Hunter x Hunter's cut of "Departure", it's tasteful!

• Banned

Because Zeni wants to rustle jimmies and ruin everything.

• Banned

Can we just cut Dragon Soul instead? No? The contract forbids it? Shit.

• SwimSage Banned

Zenigundam said:

Let's hope this is an improvement off of episode 1, which seemed to be lacking in the plot department.

It doesn't get any better. Not terrible but very lackluster, especially when considering how much people hype it up.

I'm not attacking it. I'm just wondering where the plot is.

ric_man said:

Zenigundam said:

It doesn't get any better. Not terrible but very lackluster, especially when considering how much people hype it up.

Its got a couple of well put together fights...
    But its more of a show for established animu fans who wanna see tropes made fun of.
    Not for a entry level show really.

The Sparring fight with Genos and the Final Battle were pretty good

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

Zenigundam said:

I'm not attacking it. I'm just wondering where the plot is.

There really is none.
    MC is just a silly overpowered guy who wants to live a happy simple life.
    monsters and other things just happen to attack alphabetically named cities.
    Antic ensue.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

Ranlsa said:

...Gundam [IBO]... It's....kinda boring.

IBO in a nutshell:

Corn picking, Blonde girl with crazy hair, Lunch time scenes, People in ship talking, but not doing.

No plot you say. Hmmmmmm...

Its practically a Slice of Life anime with powers.

That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.