HUNTER × HUNTER UNLUCKY EPISODE #13 "LETTER × FROM × GON" DISCUSSION THREAD
10787   182

• Mobile Suit Gundam

http://www.animexis.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Hunter-x-Hunter-logo-animexis.png?55c333

Unlucky cuz it's a damn recap episode. How y'all like dat mess? Oh well, join us and see highlights from the first 3 phases of the Hunter Exam!

http://66.media.tumblr.com/6617487431f43d55f51b758a41a08024/tumblr_oadr4za4Ln1rvb8cmo1_400.gif

1 AM tonight (7/23/16), only @Toonami!!

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• SwimPeanut

Well, some recap eps have been done well. Samurai Champloo for one.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Some days, some nights, some live, some die in the name of the Samurai!

Never underestimate a woman!

See ya, Space Cowboys and Cowgirls!

Hunter x Hunter is way different from Samurai Champloo. Maybe you're confusing them.

• SwimPeanut

The whole recap thing is funny, there's like 2 of them in the first 30-ish episodes and then just never again lol.

• Toonami

ALchemist81 said:

Unlucky cuz it's a damn recap episode. How y'all like dat mess? Oh well, join us and see highlights from the first 3 phases of the Hunter Exam!

Good Job!

also based on Comcast's ep synopsis WE GET TO HEAR MORE OF RACHEAL LILLIS IN THIS EPISODE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctYUfeKp4uc

JESSIE!!!

edit: replaced with a flashback clip where Jessie is calm for a better comparison

• Toonami Banned

Why wouldn't Toonami just skip these? That's miserable, man.

I can't wait for highlights from the dull and uneventful first 12 episodes of this series.

• Other Anime

Wait...this week's a clip show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

• Banned

Yeah it hasn't been that great so far.

• Toonami

Daosguard said:

I dunno, I'm okay with it....it's basically what Naruto wishes it was

• Banned

mochi said:

Daosguard said:

I hear it gets good later, but right now it's not terrible, but not a lot going on.

I mean, compare the first 12 episodes with the first 12 of Inuyasha or say Fairytail. Those series hit the ground running, this one is really taking its time.

• Toonami

Daosguard said:

mochi said:

Daosguard said:

I hear it gets good later, but right now it's not terrible, but not a lot going on.

I mean, compare the first 12 episodes with the first 12 of Inuyasha or say Fairytail. Those series hit the ground running, this one is really taking its time.

IMO Inuyasha started out great then instantly got repetitive and horrible as soon as Naraku showed up

and Fairy tail....isn't very good upon reread/rewatch so I don't think it was every actually that great

• SwimStar

the next few episodes are better, and then it gets pretty crazy.

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

• SwimPeanut

Gets crazy? Ooh, sounds good!

Some days, some nights, some live, some die in the name of the Samurai!

Never underestimate a woman!

See ya, Space Cowboys and Cowgirls!

• Toonami Banned

Daosguard said:

mochi said:

Daosguard said:

The first 12 episodes of InuYasha are excellent. Bleach started off really well, too. I haven't seen Fairy Tail so I can't speak to that, but I did read the first volume and liked what I read.

• Toonami Banned

mochi said:

Daosguard said:

mochi said:

Daosguard said:

IMO Inuyasha started out great then instantly got repetitive and horrible as soon as Naraku showed up

and Fairy tail....isn't very good upon reread/rewatch so I don't think it was every actually that great

The first 50 or so episodes of InuYasha are great to solid. The early Naraku stuff was good, too. I can't think of too many other shows that managed to create such a convincing sense of peril for the characters that I felt they might actually die. During the time with Sesshomaru teaming up with Naraku and then when Royakan showed up, it was looking really grim. I do admit that it got repetitive later on, but I can't say that there was a single episode of the series I didn't enjoy.

I haven't seen Fairy Tail yet, probably going to give up on waiting for it to air on Toonami pretty soon. I did read the first volume a while back with plans to go through the whole series until I got side-tracked, and enjoyed what I read. I hope it's as good as Rave Master. The anime for that and the manga especially was great.

• SwimStar

Ranlsa said:

Gets crazy? Ooh, sounds good!

without spoiling anything, the first couple of arcs of hxh aren't the series best at all. this might sound obvious to people who've watched the show and love it, but i to, was skeptical of the show when i was at this part. after the next arc it becomes must-watch, and hardly lets up.

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

• Toonami

Hollow_Gojira said:

Daosguard said:

mochi said:

Daosguard said:

The first 12 episodes of InuYasha are excellent. Bleach started off really well, too. I haven't seen Fairy Tail so I can't speak to that, but I did read the first volume and liked what I read.

Bleach started off as a somewhat inferior (but still readable and decent) rip-off of Yuyu Hakusho(which is by Hunter X Hunter's creator) then sorta branched off and did it's own thing....by lifting elements from Kingdom hearts 2, hollows are almost exactly the same in design and function as Heartless and Nobodies are

• Toonami Banned

mochi said:

Hollow_Gojira said:

Daosguard said:

mochi said:

Daosguard said:

Bleach started off as a somewhat inferior (but still readable and decent) rip-off of Yuyu Hakusho(which is by Hunter X Hunter's creator) then sorta branched off and did it's own thing....by lifting elements from Kingdom hearts 2, hollows are almost exactly the same in design and function as Heartless and Nobodies are

The Hollow hunting part is the best part of the series, though. Some would argue it did early Yu Yu Hakusho better than early Yu Yu Hakusho. From what I understand though the editors actually rushed Kubo to the Soul Society Arc early because they thought it was too similar to Yu Yu Hakusho, which is a shame. Also Hollows were there from chapter 1, so I'm not sure what you meant by it "branched off" by including them later. Bleach started in 2001. Kingdom Hearts 2 came out in 2005. You've always been overzealous with what you call "rip-offs", though. Having a similar concept or idea is not a rip-off, especially if you do something different or unique with it. You might as well say Battlestar Galactica is a rip-off of Star Trek, going by that logic. Now, a rip-off would be what Naruto did to Hunter x Hunter. Kishimoto just sat there and took concept after concept with little to no change and put them into his series because he was such a Hunter x Hunter fanboy.

Anyway, as I said, I don't care if something takes inspiration from something else, or is a "rip-off", as you like to constantly call it, as long as it's good and puts its own twist on it. So I wouldn't have cared if Kubo got the Hollow idea from Kingdom Hearts anyway.

• Other Anime

From what I've seen of HxH so far it's been fun. I don't think I'd take it over any of the other series mentioned, but might had I not seen and fallen in love with them much earlier. Maybe I'd take it over Bleach post Soul Society, but certainly not over Inuyasha, Fairy Tail, or Bleach 1 - 63. Of course, it's not entirely fair to compare 12 episodes of one series to the entirety of others, but oh well. XD

Togashi still has this going for him though: YYH is a quadrillion times better than HxH, and that I can say even just comparing their respective first 12 episodes. And I'd probably take it over those other series too.

• Banned

Actually I just figured out why they can't air Fairytail.

There's only like 15 minutes of actual episode. They'd have to run an assload of commercials.

Don't worry this will make you feel better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOr_cJ9igeI

• Toonami

Hollow_Gojira said:

mochi said:

Hollow_Gojira said:

Daosguard said:

mochi said:

Daosguard said:

The Hollow hunting part is the best part of the series, though. Some would argue it did early Yu Yu Hakusho better than early Yu Yu Hakusho. From what I understand though the editors actually rushed Kubo to the Soul Society Arc early because they thought it was too similar to Yu Yu Hakusho, which is a shame. Also Hollows were there from chapter 1, so I'm not sure what you meant by it "branched off" by including them later. Bleach started in 2001. Kingdom Hearts 2 came out in 2005. You've always been overzealous with what you call "rip-offs", though. Having a similar concept or idea is not a rip-off, especially if you do something different or unique with it. You might as well say Battlestar Galactica is a rip-off of Star Trek, going by that logic. Now, a rip-off would be what Naruto did to Hunter x Hunter. Kishimoto just sat there and took concept after concept with little to no change and put them into his series because he was such a Hunter x Hunter fanboy.

Anyway, as I said, I don't care if something takes inspiration from something else, or is a "rip-off", as you like to constantly call it, as long as it's good and puts its own twist on it. So I wouldn't have cared if Kubo got the Hollow idea from Kingdom Hearts anyway.

well maybe rip-off isn't the right way to put it

but the Espada, Organization XIII and while we're at it the Akatsuki....are all almost exactly the same thing

the Espada share's it's "heartless former people bent on world domination" angle with Org XIII, and the Akatsuki shares it's world domination and all members wear Black cloaks angle with Org XIII as well....also (and this is on KH for ripping off Naruto)

as of KH3D Org XIII has a former leader who is a copy of Orochimaru. his name is Master Xehanort and he literally has the same MO as Orochimaru, it turns out Organization XIII was a bunch of people he planned to use as replacement Bodies....just like the Akatsuki were to Orochimaru

so the three series copying eachother actually goes both ways