Most people on this board are not capable of holding rational political discourse.
923   26

• Banned

I wish you guys would stop making such threads so often, and so many. It invites for a lot of pointless drama, bickering, and butthurt. Important conclusions or epiphanies rarely ever occur during these types of discussions. And while I am not opposed to debating such things, it is the polarizing vehement and zealous nature that so many people have to their own positions and political, religious, or ethnic allegiances.

People do realize that the first step to making a more free and open country and world is the acceptance and open mindedness of differing opinions and civil discourse on the subject matter that entails? Pushing people away from even discussing such matters with you by being obnoxious or rude further drives a polarization between the two mindsets and is exactly what the problem is with the current American climate.

This is true of many other countries as well, ours is not even the worst on this, but it is my country and I would really appreciate it if people stopped being so pigheaded and thought for themselves before completely committing to something they usually know very little about.

• Banned

Most people on this board are not capable of holding rational discourse, period. Because it gets in the way of their natural desire to troll.

Well still have 3 more months left of this shit and it's going to get worse

• SwimNinja

most people anywhere can't have rational political discourse.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• Banned

I have been guilty of this many times as well.... but all people are hypocritical to some degree and far from perfect. The difference between me and those like me and those that are not, is that we seek to better ourselves and gain a greater understanding of ourselves and others. We acknowledge there is a problem and seek to at least improve said situation. People like that, the compassionate, understanding, and accepting people are far too few in this nation atm, and it is the primary reason we are being slowly torn apart at the seems.

• SwimVIP Banned

Kudasai said:

Well still have 3 more months left of this shit and it's going to get worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZQ09raQwRA

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

• ShoeHands

Its not about having a political discourse

Its about winning!

MY GUYS ARE BETTER THAN YOURS!

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

• Banned

PrincessUnikitty said:

most people anywhere can't have rational political discourse.

This is true, but I'm speaking about this place, because this is where I'm posting atm.

My favorite Rush album

• IB

I have to say I'm probably one... though..

I do know how politics are supposed to work.

THEY JUST NEVER WORK THAT WAY.

whatevah..

• Beast Master

I would be, but I don't know the first thing about politics. Alas.

Aye swimae.

• Banned

It's ok man, most of us are guilty of it. As I said none of us are perfect we are flawed creatures in many ways. That is all the more reason that those people who realize that should be more understanding and compassionate of others, even when it hurts your feelings or the other person does not necessarily deserve it.

• IB

true

whatevah..

• Banned

My problem is not with the people who do this, it is that they refuse to acknowledge that their attitudes and actions are not healthy for themselves or our society, and continue to carry on hurting others and themselves as part of every day life.

• SwimVIP Banned

Kudasai said:

My favorite Rush album

The f**k? For the longest time I thought I was the only one with this opinion.

"Wait, I don't remember 'Allahu Akbar' being in the lyrics..." - Eagles Of Death Metal

It's always been my favorite

• SwimComrad

Most people in the country are not capable of holding rational political discourse. Some of the arguments we see here that devolve into flame wars are more coherent and thought out than those we see on national televesion.

anime is teh suck

• Babbling

Master-Debater131 said:

Its about winning!

BECAUSE OF THE LETTER THAT FOLLOWS THEIR NAME!!!

Radiotsar, One Warped Vision, Charity Navigator
    Перший в стіну, коли революція іде!

• IB

no one can

This sig is an awesome sig. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: - InsaneFox
    some of us are good at suck - discolemonade

• ShoeHands

tsar4 said:

Master-Debater131 said:

Its about winning!

BECAUSE OF THE LETTER THAT FOLLOWS THEIR NAME!!!

But only R or D!

All other letters are a wasted vote!!!!

I could never lie to you, You're like the greatest pot smoking republican hippie I know.-1POOH4U

• Babbling

One thing we can all agree on -

Nobody is voting for Roseanne Barr.

Radiotsar, One Warped Vision, Charity Navigator
    Перший в стіну, коли революція іде!