Ghostbusters drops 63% from first weekend, Paul Feig lactates in agony
6512   103

• Banned

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/07/23/friday-box-office-ghostbusters-drops-63-secret-life-of-pets-crosses-240m/#6209d28649ea

Conversely the new Star Trek is doing quite well:

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/box-office-star-trek-beyond-ice-age-pets-lights-out-1201821137/

The lesson to be learned here? Movies that include actual diversity can and and will peform quite well at the box office.

Conversely, movies that bastardize a beloved piece of intellectual property with a shoehorned political agenda to satisfy the man-hating taco frotters of Hollywood will financially fall on their faces the way God intended.

My only hope is that Planned Parenthood gets shut down as a result of this movie because mothers fear killing their innocent babies and turning them into ghosts that quirky women from SNL central casting have to Ghostbust. Balance must be restored to the universe.

• SwimSuperHero

It's good to hear that Ghostbusters is doing badly and Star Trek is doing great.
    That's the way it should be.

Usopp Fanatic since 2003.

• SwimVIP

Ghostbusters is horrible.

• Banned

But why....It was soooo funny. I mean like really funny......I really mean it, it was funny......Like so funny. I wasn't a fan of the fist but this was really funny......Like really, it was funny.

You were banned. It fills you with determination

• King Of the Hill Banned

And the GamerGaters and their related people will claim it as a victory... a victory I couldn't care less about.

Mondays & Fridays: Girl's High
    Wednesdays: Squid Girl
    Random days: Re:ZERO

Twitter | Tumblr | Steamy | Content ratings | Something cool!

• Banned

Actually it's about ethics in busting ghosts.

• SwimSuperHero

CyberBully360 said:

But why....It was soooo funny. I mean like really funny......I really mean it, it was funny......Like so funny. I wasn't a fan of the fist but this was really funny......Like really, it was funny.

No it really wasn't. If we were able to downvote, I would downvote you for saying that.

• Banned

blueraven1999 said:

CyberBully360 said:

No it really wasn't. If we were able to downvote, I would downvote you for saying that.

Be honest. You really mean you'd downvote him because he's black.

• Banned

Sarcasm not on that word a day calendar i see.

You were banned. It fills you with determination

• SwimSuperHero

E_NAYD said:

blueraven1999 said:

CyberBully360 said:

No. I mean I would downvote anyone who thinks the new Ghostbusters movie is a good movie.
    I find that offensive. I'm not racist.

• SwimNinja

As I said before, Ghostbusters is a slow and steady movie. Star Trek had a show and 3 movies in the 2000's, so yes it's going to make more money.

"The enemy of my enemy is just another man standing in my way." -Nikita

• SwimNinja

blueraven1999 said:

E_NAYD said:

blueraven1999 said:

CyberBully360 said:

No. I mean I would downvote anyone who thinks the new Ghostbusters movie is a good movie.

-Tweets something positive about Ghostbusters reboot just to spite you-

• Banned

What hope is there for women if they can't even competently helm a movie about scifi domestic cleaning?

• Special Snowflake

A lot of the Summer blockbusters aren't doing that well. Well, not the shitty ones anyway.

Those f**king Turtles still haven't caught up to their budget and neither has Alice.

• Toonami

Alas, this thread provides an example for the downside of not being able to downvote.

Now roaming the new board since [as] felt the need to destroy my old home board.

• Puppy Power

Sorce said:

As I said before, Ghostbusters is a slow and steady movie. Star Trek had a show and 3 movies in the 2000's, so yes it's going to make more money.

I'm not sure that makes sense.

09/13/03

• Banned

You seem tense.

• SwimVIP

DoctorChaotix said:

A lot of the Summer blockbusters aren't doing that well.

I can see why. The pickings of this year have been pretty poor.

I mean, we have a sequel to Independence Day, a sequel to Ice Age, a sequel to a live action TMNT adapation and a Ghostbusters remake, for goodness sake.

Who the hell wants to see an Independence Day 2 when Independence Day 1 itself was a piece of crap?

• SwimSuperHero

Sorce said:

blueraven1999 said:

E_NAYD said:

blueraven1999 said:

CyberBully360 said:

-Tweets something positive about Ghostbusters reboot just to spite you-

I don't follow Twitter so I don't care.

• SwimSuperHero

DoctorChaotix said:

A lot of the Summer blockbusters aren't doing that well. Well, not the shitty ones anyway.

Those f**king Turtles still haven't caught up to their budget and neither has Alice.

Well it's Bay's Turtles so it's not that surprising. The first one was pretty bad and a second
    movie never should have been made. The only good thing about the new movie is Beebop and Rocksteady.

The second Alice movie is so so compared to the first. I'm not surprised it's not doing well.

• SwimNinja

scoobdog said:

Sorce said:

I'm not sure that makes sense.

Star Trek has remained current from its tv shows and movies, so it's guaranteed to make more money than something that hasn't had anything new in almost thirty years.