A crying Vietnamese woman walked past me tonight.
444   16

• Assy McGee Banned

And the only thing I felt is that I should have tried to hit on her.

• SwimLegend

So, just like every other Saturday night.

09/13/03

• Assy McGee Banned

Naw, this one started crying before I talked to her.

• Banned

Kinda dickish

• SwimParagon

So, like, no desire to find out what's wrong? To attempt to console? Thanks for the warning.

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• SwimSage Banned

Why didn't you?

Here I was expecting something like
    "Then i turned around and she DISAPPEARED!"
    Cuz like... he a ghost or sumthin.

The professor sat down, utterly defeated by the young man's overwhelming brilliance.
    That young man’s name?
    Albert Einstein.

• Check It Out!

PerfectFlowingHair said:

So, like, no desire to find out what's wrong? To attempt to console? Thanks for the warning.

In an age when men's attempts to comfort and console would be seen as underhanded attempts to get into pants, you can't really expect it of us. It's funny how women spent decades working to make men more sensitive, and now if we try to be it's just dismissed as veiled attempts to get sex. At least I assume this is the case, considering that if a man simply compliments a woman it's immediately seen as disingenuous. It's only logical to assume that this applies across the board in regards to men interacting with women.

• Banned

I would post that black and white photo of the naked little Vietnamese girl running from an Agent Orange bombing but I don't want to catch the ban.

Still, I'm imagining doing it, and it's hilarious. I hope you're imagining it now too.

• Assy McGee Banned

The sound of her crying did make me hate her a little bit.

• SwimParagon

Chocolate_Soda said:

PerfectFlowingHair said:

In an age when men's attempts to comfort and console would be seen as underhanded attempts to get into pants, you can't really expect it of us. It's funny how women spent decades working to make men more sensitive, and now if we try to be it's just dismissed as veiled attempts to get sex. At least I assume this is the case, considering that if a man simply compliments a woman it's immediately seen as disingenuous. It's only logical to assume that this applies across the board in regards to men interacting with women.

But... nnnnhhhhhhhhh........

dot dot dot...

...i mean, i... you're right, I'd have brushed an approach like that off in that situation. Maybe. I wanna say I wouldnt turn down assistance but idk :/

That doesn't explain the lack of internal emotion OP had though.

"I feel like I should be banning way more of you." -- SwimMod_Luuv

• Assy McGee Banned

Booze.

I threw a concerned look but she was mired in her self pity. Didn't even look at me when she passed.

• Banned

PerfectFlowingHair said:

I forget, we're constantly auditioning.

Perhaps you squawking hens should worry more about making sure you're worth the trouble.

• Assy McGee Banned

There's only one form of consolation I offer, and it involves grabbing your ankles.

• Banned

The second step better be farting.

• Check It Out!

PerfectFlowingHair said:

Chocolate_Soda said:

PerfectFlowingHair said:

But... nnnnhhhhhhhhh........

dot dot dot...

...i mean, i... you're right, I'd have brushed an approach like that off in that situation. Maybe. I wanna say I wouldnt turn down assistance but idk :/

That doesn't explain the lack of internal emotion OP had though.

It's not exactly encouraged that men approach strangers - women, specifically - because of how such a thing has been portrayed in media. At best they're macho pigs who just want to score, and at worst they're kidnappers, muggers, rapists, etc...Basically if a man you don't know approaches or interacts, you should automatically assume you're in danger. It's kind of hard to -want- to have genuine concern when chances are you'll just get brushed off or maybe even peppersprayed.