Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans is....
473   17

• SwimSuperFan

Beyond boring and easily the most generic anime there is. I've done my best to try to watch it as it comes out, but it's so f**king boring. I have about 2 episodes backlogged on my dvr. I watch it late at night and can only watch it for 8 minute intervals before it puts me to sleep and I stop watching.

This series makes me believe even more that the guys running Toonami don't give a f**k if it's good or not as long as it's cheap, which summarizes a good majority of everything acquired in 2015 and 2016, save OPM which everyone seems to love.

I get the strong feeling that Demarco went for this series cause either it was cheap, or he was counting on the Gundam name to lure people in.

Bush did 9/11

That's the name of the game. Cheap, marketable, name recognition or else it has to be extremely hyped up. Also has to be new. Toonami is basic and predictable in how it runs anime. Nowhere near other television networks and how they've passionately pursued quality and variety.

• SwimSuperFan

Zenigundam said:

That's the name of the game. Cheap, marketable, name recognition or else it has to be extremely hyped up. Also has to be new. Toonami is basic and predictable in how it runs anime. Nowhere near other television networks and how they've passionately pursued quality and variety.

I love you

Bush did 9/11

Just telling it like it is. Toonami's a mess right now.

• SwimSage Banned

Yeah, it sucks. Worst Gundam I've seen and I watched Wing and SD Gundam.

• Banned

It is boring. Even in one of the action packed episodes they spent the first 15 minutes talking technobabble and politics.

It's quickly becoming a Dimension W style embarrassment. It's not a complete train wreck like DW yet.... because it does actually have a coherent plot, it's just not a very good or compelling one.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Just keep it to this thread and stop infecting the discussion thread with this garbage!

Some of us actually LIKE Gundam IBO and find an amazing depth in it that the other shows on Toonami (with the possible exception of One Piece) somewhat lack!

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

• SwimSage Banned

ALchemist81 said:

Just keep it to this thread and stop infecting the discussion thread with this garbage!

Some of us actually LIKE Gundam IBO and find an amazing depth in it that the other shows on Toonami (with the possible exception of One Piece) somewhat lack!

Who said those threads are only for positive comments?

When you discuss something, you have to talk about its weaknesses as well as its strengths.

• Banned

You can't stop to pick corn after 3 episodes. You need to deliver a strong start, have some stuff go down, then pull it back a bit with a character development episode like . 8 or 9 episodes in.

That's when you pick the corn and stop to talk.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Zenigundam said:

When you discuss something, you have to talk about its weaknesses as well as its strengths.

You do mention that it has good -- animation, right? So you DID mention a strength and I'll give you credit for that.

It's not exactly great entertainment, but I can admire episodes about picking corn and teaching to read and stuff like that peppered in there because it's REALISTIC. I mean, even if you watch TWD or any of the other super-popular live action dramas, there's not action every freaking frame; there ARE dull moments to do stuff like establish character and build plot.

I mean, hell, even One-Punch Man had 3 minutes of backstory from Genos (which Saitama rightfully got a little pissed at!)

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

You never pick corn and stop to whine for ten minutes in a Gundam series.

• Banned

Yes but he killed a ton of guys that ep. The pacing is the exact opposite.

Rip Mosquito girl, Beast King, Mantis guy, ground dragon, slug guy and frog man.

The animation's good, but everything else is subpar imo.

And I'm not seeing the depth. Not one of the characters has been developed through the first seven episodes and, perhaps the most annoying this is that, the characters keep repeating the same stuff every episode.

• Helper

ITT people who have never watched Gundam complain about Gundam things that have been part of Gundam since 1979.

Wow you're angry. None of this is a part of Mobile Suit Gundam, except the latter part of the first episode which ends up being a pastiche of MSG's first episode. Quit trying to put it on par with the good Gundams.