I'm applying for work again...
427   17

• Banned

Second attempt this year.... Since I'm graduating with my Associates in CS in the fall and really could use some better income to help support the rest of my years going for my Bachelor's I'm kind of hoping to get an internship or co-op position... Though at this point not getting my hopes up too much. :(

I'm not above working retail again I suppose as long as it's not a grocery store.... I absolutely hate Target after my last experience with working for one.

I've applied to Best Buy, Staples, and Some bookstores, local game stores, Gamestop, and a few clothing stores so far in addition to about 10 computer programming and IT positions...

God I hope I get something this time, it's killing my feeling of self-worth. :(

Work is overrated. Takes years off of your lifespan too. The longer lived people tend to be the ones who live sedentary lives.

• Banned

I don't agree... my Great Aunt who died this year, was a hard working woman until she physically could not. Her condition only deteriorated after she was unable to work, and I think she was miserable to some extent because of it. She was 94 when she died.

I was really close to her too, and probably the only elder member of my family that I looked up to and really love alot too. It hit me hard. :(

Just going by what I've read. Centenarians especially tend to have long periods whereby they aren't physically exerting themselves all the time. It mostly comes down to genetics though from what I can gather.

• Pokemon Master

work for me

Snuffles was my slave name
    Nerd ♥

• Banned

kidney_eater101 said:

work for me

Doing wut? >_>

• Banned

Centenarians... I hate when my generation is called that. I prefer Millennials, sounds nice I suppose imo.

• Banned

Check your PMs... if you get a chance and don't hate me.

K.

• SwimNinja

Good luck. Job searches can suck.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• Special Snowflake

Me too. I can always go back to my old place, but I really don't want to.

Memento Mori

• ShoeHands

• Banned

SandStone said:

Centenarians... I hate when my generation is called that. I prefer Millennials, sounds nice I suppose imo.

People aren't calling your generation centenarians unless your generation is already a hundred years old.

• SwimSuperFan

I never had any self-worth

• Helper

Job hunts take a ridiculous amount of determination. It has taken me over five months to actually land an offer. Albeit, I'm replacing my current job but this other place holds a little more promise than my current hellhole. Just having to drive less than half the distance to my new (prospective) job makes me giddy!

• Toonami

SandStone said:

Second attempt this year.... Since I'm graduating with my Associates in CS in the fall and really could use some better income to help support the rest of my years going for my Bachelor's I'm kind of hoping to get an internship or co-op position... Though at this point not getting my hopes up too much. :(

I'm not above working retail again I suppose as long as it's not a grocery store.... I absolutely hate Target after my last experience with working for one.

I've applied to Best Buy, Staples, and Some bookstores, local game stores, Gamestop, and a few clothing stores so far in addition to about 10 computer programming and IT positions...

God I hope I get something this time, it's killing my feeling of self-worth. :(

good Luck bud

• SwimNinja

I was glad I got a offer kind of quickly, but then they kind of went radio silent after the offer. Oh well what are you going to do.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.