Gay or otherwise not Straight Toonami characters
1546   38

• Toonami

just figured it was prudent to make this since one of the new shows we're getting has one(for better or worse)

1. Sailor Uranus (sailor moon)
    2. Sailor Neptune (sailor moon)
    3. Fred Luo (outlaw star)
    4. Grencia (cowboy bebop)....I think, he is apparently hermaphroditic...or something
    5. Haku (Naruto), again arguable...he really liked Zabusa....but any scenario where Zabusa reciprocates would be.....creepy, because Haku was 14 and Zabusa was an adult
    6. Chizusu Honsho (Bleach)
    7. Tsukasa/An Souji (.hack//Sign)
    8. Subaru/Mariko Misono (.hack//sign)
    9. Miyuki (Yuyu Hakusho) A transgender character...they were a villian and their reveal was extremely questionable (yusuke claiming it was dishonest for them to hide their "real" gender) but still
    10. Shinobu Sensui(Yuyu Hakusho) another villian....ironically concerning this character Togashi got super defensive and went in great detail explaining that he likes LGBT people and that he didn't make Sensui gay as some sort of Homophobic message, the character was just gay
    11. Ymir (attack on titan)
    12. Krista Lenz (attack on titan)
    13. HIM (powerpuff girls), it aired on toonami in reruns
    14. Michiko's one Gay friend (Michiko & Hatchin) if anyone knows his name that'd be great, I can't find it anywhere
    15. Bulaut (Akame ga Kill)
      16 Dr. Stylish (Akame ga Kill) a polar Opposite character to bulaut, whereas Bulaut was masculine and pleasant, Stylish is effeminate and psychopathic with no redeeming qualities
    16. Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
    17. Mako Mankanshoku (kill la kill)(she says Ryuko is hot and wants to date her, and later does)
    18. Mr. 2 Bon Clay (one piece)
    19. Emporio Ivankov (one piece)
    20. the entire population of "Peachy Island" (one Piece)(all three mentioned characters in one piece fit the same mold as Dr. Stylish but are nice and are actually good people so they're not as offensive)
    21. Motoko (GITS) her exact sexuality varies from series to series but she's never straight
    22. the German refugee (Samurai Champloo)

next is spoiled cause their ep hasn't aired yet

1. Puri Puri Prisoner (One Punch man) basically just a muscular Dr. Stylish

edit: added characters I forgot

• Banned

What's Edward in cowboy bebop? Nobody ever cleared that up for me.

Ed's a girl.

"What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric

• Swimuminati

scope85 said:

Ed's a girl pimp

dude I swear this time is different. I swear before god, buddah, my dead grandma, and asmb. i will never drink again.

-Phillies 8/15/2016

• Toonami

14's name is Atsuko Jackson.

The Ignore feature: a real bitch in more ways than one.

http://pokenirvash.imgur.com/
    https://pokenirvash2.wordpress.com/

Mixboy said:

scope85 said:

Ed's a girl walrus

"What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric

• Banned

Ryuko and Mako being gay is never confirmed. In fact, they don't show any romantic interest in anyone during the show really, aside from Gamagori liking Mako.

• Banned

Now that I'm thinking about it. Ya know what about cowboy bebop? When they go to the all male planet, the transgenders and transvestites have obnoxious five o'clock shadow showing through their makeup when it's like... What other character in cowboy bebop or most animes has five o clock shadow?? Like nearly everyone in anime is cute, femme, baby faced. But they just had to make the trans ppl look ridiculous.

• SwimSuperFan

Daosguard said:

Ryuko and Mako being gay is never confirmed. In fact, they don't show any romantic interest in anyone during the show really, aside from Gamagori liking Mako.

I ship Ryuko and Mako.
    Was never confirmed, but I feel was heavily implied. With how buddy-buddy, arm-in-arm Ryuko and Mako are, them always touching one another. There's also how during that one tournament at their school how Ryuko talks about Mako deeply, saying things like the sight of her puts her heart at ease.

Also should take into consideration how ultra liberal/PC things are now, it pretty much being where unless something includes gays/minorities/etc people cry and scream and bitch and moan. Look at Marvel comics for example, it's pretty much a crime to be a straight white male in them now. Nearly everyone being rewritten to be either a minority, female, or gay/lesb

Bush did 9/11

• Other Anime

Samurai Jack
    The cast of DBZ
    Spike Spiegal
    Eren Jaegar

Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!

• The Room

Robocop,
    The Terminator,
    Captain Kirk,
    And Darth Vader,
    Lo Pan,
    Superman,
    Every single Power Ranger,
    Bill S. Preston,
    And Theodore Logan,
    Spock,
    The Rock,
    Doc Ock,
    And Hulk Hogan.

This sig is an awesome sig. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: - InsaneFox

• Manowarrior

mochi said:

1. Haku (Naruto), again arguable...he really liked Zabusa....but any scenario where Zabusa reciprocates would be.....creepy, because Haku was 14 and Zabusa was an adult

If you're including trans in "otherwise not straight," then I think that's enough reason for Haku to be on this list. Though on the other hand, I have no idea if he was actually transgendered, or just a transvestite. As far as his fondness for Zabuza, that may be because Haku was homeless, had no where to go, and had no family, until Zabuza gave him all those things plus a strong sense of purpose. But I think Haku having romantic feelings for him beyond that are not out of the question. Also, I would say Zabuza also had romantic feelings for Haku, judging by how Zabuza broke down sometime after Haku died.

Congratulations 2010, 2012, and 2014 San Francisco Giants! Beat LA!

Ain't got no time for bird sex, I wanna fly...

Motoko is blatantly bi. In the manga she was blatantly gay. In SAC it's implied she may not have always been a woman.

• Helper

I see what you did there.

• SwimPunk

Mr. 2 (One Piece)

Grencia is a fabulous person and there should be no iffy statements after that name!

• SwimVIP

Classic Mochi=epic.

And I'll add Maxwell from Hamtaro since he's the only one not seen constantly chasing after some babe.

• Helper

Suzaku

EMPRESS OF FANGURLZ

• SwimIcon

I'm the 'Otherwise'.

If I apologized, we could be the perfect couple...
    Well, we could but only in my mind...

• SwimPunk

Android 16, 19, Cell, Buu, and the entire Namekian species -- asexual.

Migi and all the other parasites -- also asexual.

And of course that gay European from that 1 ep of Champloo.

I definitely thought their relationship was more father son, and never thought of it that way.