Just got back from seeing The Killing Joke.
569   7

• Toonami

For the most part, I think the movie was great.

Some of the biggies:

• All the content that they added to help increase the length of the movie? It was fine. Kind of unnecessary imo, but by no means bad or anything like that.
    • The "bad animation" that a lot of people complained about because of the trailer... the actual movie was a lot better. For the most part, it reminded me more of Batman: The Animated Series than anything else.
    • There's one scene a little bit of the way into the credits.
    • If you see it in theaters, there's some documentary stuff before and after the movie. Didn't stay for the stuff afterward, but the stuff before was mostly Mark Hamill talking about his role as the Joker over time, the role of other people as the Joker over time, and some other stuff like that. Your typical "DVD/Blu-ray extras" type stuff.

And now I want to go into some spoilers for the ending. Click this at your own risk:

If you've never read the comic and don't know how the story ends, you'll undoubtedly hate the ending. I heard a handful of people say stuff like "What the f**k?" and "THAT'S how they end it?!" immediately after the credits started rolling. If you have read the comic and/or know how the story ends... well, you still may hate the ending. It's what you're expecting, but there's a big difference between knowing how the story ends and seeing it in a movie. It is a buzz kill, much more so than I expected it to be.

• Banned

I probably already like this audio book better.

• SwimNinja

I'm guessing with a name like The Killing Joke that someone dies.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

I kinda want to see it tomorrow, even if I admittedly have to go a little bit farther to see it.

I could be finishing watching it right now if I had known about it.

Don't Miss the series premiere of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure at 12:30 AM this Saturday night (10/15), followed by a new episode of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans at 1 AM! Gundam IBO marathon at Midnight on 10/29! Only @Toonami!

• SwimSuperHero

Just got back from seeing in in the theater myself.
    I liked the documentary after the movie a lot more than the documentary before the movie.
    I've never read the book it's based on, but knew one thing that would happen in the movie.
    Think I heard about it from some comic fans online.

It was a lot like Batman: The Animated Series. Only much darker. So nice to hear the same old voice actors again.
    They did such a good job. It's too bad DC's live action movies can't be as good as their animated ones.

Usopp Fanatic since 2003.

• SwimDandy

Basically, the movie went down like this.

Hey guys! Let's have Barbara and Bruce have sex! That way, when The Joker horribly mutilates her, Batman will fight extra hard with balls forever blue.

• Banned

Tale of two stories -

The first is a horrible BTAS episode with no real point.

The second is a poignant and rather powerful character study of what drives one man over the edge, and how insanity manifests differently in two people.

Honestly, skip the prologue, watch the Killing Joke adaptation. That is a good story.