So they found out that Jupiter
3550   110

• Banned

doesnt actually "orbit" the sun

> Posts: 166,425 Registered: ‎6-03-2007

Source?

Also, Pluto is not a planet.

• Banned

http://www.iflscience.com/space/forget-wha-you-heard-jupiter-does-not-orbit-the-sun/
    its apparently "old" news im just finding out about it now

I think you might be getting duped.

This hasn't been reported by any major news service.

• Banned

So how does it feel that NJ actually classifies you as an MR based on your low IQ?

Lol! Don't get mad just because some shady science website may have tricked you. I'm just saying come back with an article from a scientific journal or USA Today and we might have something.

Eh the only IQ test I took pegged me at 138, but I don't trust "IQ tests". They're antiquated and unreliable imo.

• Banned

Nah you are definitely an MR
    you can google it yourself and find multiple articles on this topic the one i linked you was super easy to follow
    since youre an MR I assumed you would enjoy the pictures

I googled it, but I kept finding shady articles like the one you posted.

Something this big would surely be reported in an academic journal of some sort. It'd be on the front page of the Science section of the New York Times.

Maybe it's true, but you have to provide me with some trustworthy sources.

• Mobile Suit Gundam

Knowing what I know about physics and universal gravitation, I can buy this!

This week Toonami returns to normal, but that isn't such a bad thing, right? Beginning at Midnight, it's premieres of DBZ Kai, JoJo, Gundam IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Shippuden, and One Piece, then Saitama comes at 3 to punch out the lights! Only @Toonami!

ALchemist81 said:

Knowing what I know about physics and universal gravitation, I can buy this!

Before we surrender to our impulses, we must fact check.

• Assy McGee Banned

God-Says-No said:

http://www.iflscience.com/space/forget-wha-you-heard-jupiter-does-not-orbit-the-sun/

We don't understand the interaction of gravity between more than two objects though.

Cosmic_Charlie said:

God-Says-No said:

We don't understand the interaction of gravity between more than two objects though.

Good catch there. Now I'm really doubting it.

• Banned

You can say that I suppose
    but all articles still point to jupiter isnt orbiting the sun like how other planets orbit the sun
    or how we actually define orbiting the sun

But if what Cosmic_Charlie is saying is true, we can't reliably say that Jupiter isn't orbiting the Sun because we wouldn't be able to understand that gravitational relationship. I'll look for some articles in academic journals that might be able to corroborate your article.

• Assy McGee Banned

It's actually exactly how everything orbits everything else. The moon doesn't orbit about the center of Earth, the barycenter is some amount of miles off-center because of the moon's mass. But when we involve more than two bodies we can't pin down how gravity works. Other than that it's not surprising that Jupiter's barycenter would be slightly outside the sun's surface.And cosmically a few miles would be nothing. A few hundred thousand miles would be significant.

• Banned

God-Says-No said:

Makes sense but hey scientists where's my jet pack?

• IB Banned

This post is deleted!

This post is deleted!

• IB Banned

This post is deleted!

• IB Banned

This post is deleted!

• IB Banned

super super dense huge objects interacting with each other via gravity tend to exhibit some weird phenomenon. this is one of them