Interesting article I found from the premier newspaper in the world
226   12

• SwimNinja

They need to clone me a steak.

Here in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there are no rules: There's no government, no baby sitters, no bedtimes, no frowny faces, no bushy mustaches, and no negativity of any kind. And there's also no consistency.

Just buy a new one.

I can't wait until they clone Jesus and see that he looked like Detroit Red.

Are you Detroit Red in disguise?

• SwimElder

Genetics is a double edged sword. They can help alleviate famine and potentially cure disease, but we need to be cautious in our ethics regarding the matter and slipping into eugenics.

Nobody wants a real Khan Singh

• Thunder Goddess

And here I thought that the Weekly World News was back in print.

Re cloning: "It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish
    "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" -- Stephen Wright

• Rants

We've been genetically modifying the species we share this planet with since the dawn of civilization. I'm all right with it.

But, hey! Don't take my word for it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ecT2CaL7NA

ASMB Member since March 23, 2004.
    If brevity is the soul of wit, then abbreviation is the death of the soul.

• Thunder Goddess

Modifying plants and animals by cross- and inter-breeding is one thing; manipulation on a cellular or molecular level is quite another, especially in a species not known for altruism. For every cloned sheep and genetically altered ear of corn that's out there, what do you think we're not hearing about?

• Rants

From the youtube video I linked:

"What most people don't know it that practically every food you buy in a store for consumption by humans is genetically modified food."

"We have systematically genetically modified all the foods, the vegetables and animals, that we have eaten ever since we cultivated them. It's called Artificial Selection. That's how we genetically modified them. So now that we can do it in a lab, you're going to complain?"

"So we are creating and modifying the biology of the world to serve our needs. I don't have a problem with that because we've been doing that for tens of thousands of years. Chill out."

ASMB Member since March 23, 2004.
    If brevity is the soul of wit, then abbreviation is the death of the soul.

• Thunder Goddess

You're so sweet and trusting.

• Thunder Goddess

Also, Dr Tyson is an astrophysicist and a cosmologist. Asking him about genetics is kind of like asking your average civil engineer about how to drive a choo-choo.