CRISPR, Genetically modified humans, and the cure for cancer is here.
485   19

• Banned

http://fusion.net/story/330052/china-crispr-human-trial/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=realfuture

This new bio-technological science actually replaces targeted portions of existing DNA, and is expected to be able to do a variety of things even in the immediate next few years.

The first studies and trials on this Cas9 protein are greenlighted to start next month in China and reportedly here in the U.S. in Pennsylvania end of the year or beginning of next.

First usage of Cas9 protein to genetically modify living humans and their DNA will be used to give strengthened immune resistance to most forms of cancer cells. Essentially the protein will be used to modify the genes related to the human immune system to make white blood cells target cancer cells like a foreign body. :)

• Toonami

SandStone said:

http://fusion.net/story/330052/china-crispr-human-trial/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=realfuture

This new bio-technological science actually replaces targeted portions of existing DNA, and is expected to be able to do a variety of things even in the immediate next few years.

The first studies and trials on this Cas9 protein are greenlighted to start next month in China and reportedly here in the U.S. in Pennsylvania end of the year or beginning of next.

First usage of Cas9 protein to genetically modify living humans and their DNA will be used to give strengthened immune resistance to most forms of cancer cells. Essentially the protein will be used to modify the genes related to the human immune system to make white blood cells target cancer cells like a foreign body. :)

some asshole could very easily try to use Crispr to try to find or cure the "Gay gene"

but on the other hand it could also be used to genetically alter humans to turn them into Reallife furries(''>_>'')....necessary evil I suppose

• Banned

Technology and science should never be looked at as a danger to people. It is man that creates danger by the way he uses human knowledge.

• Banned

Z Day

• Banned

SandStone said:

Technology and science should never be looked at as a danger to people. It is man that creates danger by the way he uses human knowledge.

Your second sentence negates your first sentence.

Hail to the king.

• Toonami

SandStone said:

they could also use it to cure AIDS....or make people immune to it anyway....but then the govt would lose all the money they make keeping the sufferers alive without curing them

HOOOLY SHIT CAN THEY ALSO USE IT TO DE-AGE PEOPLE?!(''o_O''), Immortality maybe?

• Babbling

Alfredo Nobel knew his discovery would kill millions. But he also knew it would do good. Oppenheimer and Kalashnikov also knew this.

• Swimuminati

• SwimElder Banned

The T-Virus!

"I'm moving and not moving at all. I'm like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking."

• Helper

Sign me up.

Can't wait to see what kind of mutated hell I'd unleash the next time I get a cold.

...they said i'd live forever, but they lied...it's been much longer...
    Cheerful Supplier of Chaos throughout the Known Universe and Beyond...we now have WTF...
    [this pathetic cry for attention has been brought to you by the letters F, U and the number 2]

• Banned

brian_boru said:

SandStone said:

Your second sentence negates your first sentence.

How so?

• Banned

There is already research going on experimenting with this technique to cure numerous other medical afflictions including HIV. HIV has proven to be somewhat resistant so far though in initial attempts, but scientists think it is still probably that this tech could be used to stop HIV.

• Banned

we need some genetically modified Leeks up in this mother f**ker.

CV01

• Rants

Sounds great.

Let me know when they've actually discovered something.

ASMB Member since March 23, 2004.
    If brevity is the soul of wit, then abbreviation is the death of the soul.

• Banned

gay gene

If there really was a gay gene I imagine it would have cured itself quite some time ago.

• Toonami

Meme_Magic said:

gay gene

If there really was a gay gene I imagine it would have cured itself quite some time ago.

ignoring the tolling and adding that, while there's more than enough evidence now that being Gay is on some level Genetic, it's not the result of a Single detectable gene that can be "repaired"

• Banned

mochi said:

Meme_Magic said:

gay gene

ignoring the tolling and adding that, while there's more than enough evidence now that being Gay is on some level Genetic, it's not the result of a Single detectable gene that can be "repaired"

Translated: "I say I believe in evolution, but I don't know anything about how genetics works, and even if I did I would just ignore what I don't like."

• Toonami

Meme_Magic said:

mochi said:

Meme_Magic said:

gay gene

Translated: "I say I believe in evolution, but I don't know anything about how genetics works, and even if I did I would just ignore what I don't like."

least I'm not slowing down human Evolution by being a Homophobe who's setting Back evolution by clinging to outdated and human invented concepts like religion based Prejudice

• Banned

Oh you know nothing about evolution, advancement, or anything at all, you just parrot "progressive" talking points. k