If there's 7.4 billion people on the planet and we divided the habitable land equally for everyone
677   39

• Banned

and let's say for comprehension purposes, your area was a perfect square, it would be 352 yards on each side.

123,904 Square yards

About 1/25th of a square mile

About the area of 20 football fields

Too much math. I think the Earth could probably hold at least 1,000,000,000,000 people.

• Banned

Habitable land includes what, because this seems inaccurate

Reminds me of this

You were banned. It fills you with determination

• Banned

With a trillion people, your square would be 30 yards on each side

So basically I would have more neighbors.

• Banned

CyberBully360 said:

Habitable land includes what, because this seems inaccurate

Reminds me of this

Yea they're dumb. My math is right. If you think there's more habitable land, just double the amount of land you get. My source said only about half of all land is "habitable." I'll look into it more b/c now I'm curious

• SwimLegend

That's a nice piece of property

Oh bother...

I live in the middle of the city for a reason...I don't even like mowing the yard I got and not even the size of an end zone...

City life must be .

What about land for agriculture, schools, malls, and wild animals?

• SwimElder

And more people would starve because of the efficiency of economies of scale when it comes to large farms. Not to mention lack of public buildings.

• Banned

ELDEMONIO said:

What about land for agriculture, schools, malls, and wild animals?

You could assume we all went back to subsistence farming, and you have 20 football fields to shelter yourself and raise crops/livestock for yourself for a year. I don't know anything about farming so idk if that's more or less than you'd need. Probably more I think?

The sea is a source of food too so we could factor in fishermen who don't use their land and maybe donate it to other farmers and they trade goods blah blah blah. But once we go down that road we're just reimagining the society we already have. I only wanted to wrap my head around the population of earth.

• Banned

1pooh4u said:

Yea much more than most of us have!

idk I just wanted to know how much land we have per capita to try and wrap my head around the population and limitations of the planet

• Banned

TheAltsAlternateAlt said:

I live in the middle of the city for a reason...I don't even like mowing the yard I got and not even the size of an end zone...

I like it for that too. When I lived in Ohio I had a house near downtown but I still had a big yard it was pretty cool but I paid my neighbors to mow and weed the flower beds. No way I'm doing that every week

One of my good friends is from Ohio. He says it's boring.

• Swimuminati

alt text

• Banned

NaClO said:

And more people would starve because of the efficiency of economies of scale when it comes to large farms. Not to mention lack of public buildings.

This thread isn't really about that. Cuz like I said if we get into that it's all going to get into job specialization and most jobs don't need that much space blah blah blah and we're just reimagining the society we already have

• Banned

Zenigundam said:

One of my good friends is from Ohio. He says it's boring.

I've lived in 3 cities in northeast Ohio, Jacksonville FL, Manhattan ny, Santa Barbara CA, San Francisco CA, and now Michigan

My opinion = everywhere is pretty boring and going out anywhere isn't really that much different than going out anywhere else

• Banned

Just crunchin numbers no utopian theories here

• SwimLegend

poofytang said:

1pooh4u said:

Yea much more than most of us have!

idk I just wanted to know how much land we have per capita to try and wrap my head around the population and limitations of the planet

It is mind blowing. I wouldn't know what to do with all that property. Maybe I'd build a school or hook up with hunters and farmers and open up a 1pooh's 24/7 convenience store

Oh bother...

• Banned

It's actually a lot less land than I imagined before I did this. I didn't think there were really 25 humans per mile of livable earth