Steven Universe is getting really heavy-handed with it's Anime refferences
859   14

• Toonami

they were subtle at first.....now they're in your face....I.....don't like it

it's making me have flashbacks to Totally Spies and classic Teen Titans

• Other Anime

When they go into re-runs, the order will probably be randomized, so maybe it won't be so obvious.

XBL: TakenIdiot (Destiny & The Division)
    PSN: ishikusui (Overwatch & Destiny)
    t/ @ishikusui

• Toonami

EyeOfPain said:

When they go into re-runs, the order will probably be randomized, so maybe it won't be so obvious.

I think the worst offender was "Restauraunt Wars" it was just "Food Wars!"(aka Shokugeki no Soma) with Steven Universe characters(and without food induced Orgasms), a character even spoke in Broken Japanese at some point(bonus points if you guess who)

and the ep following it was called "Kiki's (Pizza) Delivery Service"

• Special Snowflake

It's blatant fanservice for tumblrinas. I'm surprised you don't like it.

Memento Mori

• Banned

I blame Donald Trump.

Hail to the king.

• Toonami

bnmjv said:

It's blatant fanservice for tumblrinas. I'm surprised you don't like it.

first of all calling us Tumblrinas just makes you look like an MRA which is just as bad as a Tumblr Feminist
    second, who says Tumblr feminists particularly like anime?, most of them find Anime "problematic" and don't watch it at all

• Toonami

Wasn't there an Initial D reference in one of the more recent episodes?

The only thing worse than maggots who want HxH removed based on personal preference are maggots who betray a show they love just because its ratings aren't to their liking. Also Ayumu.

http://pokenirvash.imgur.com/
    https://pokenirvash2.wordpress.com/

• Special Snowflake

I know a few liberals IRL who say tumblrina, yet aren't MRAs in the least bit. Maybe what you said is true, but can you deny that those episodes aren't pandering to the tumblr fanbase?

Memento Mori

• Toonami

bnmjv said:

I know a few liberals IRL who say tumblrina, yet aren't MRAs in the least bit. Maybe what you said is true, but can you deny that those episodes aren't pandering to the tumblr fanbase?

having Gay characters in the show is literally the only thing the show does that appeals to "tumblrinas" in any way

I should know...I watch it constantly

the Gems haven't sworn to genocide all men, nor do they go on tirades about racial injustice(in fact all they've said about humans so far implies that they view human beings the way human being view small animals...I.e. they just think we're cute but really don't like us otherwise....and pearl flat out hates humans and thinks they're inferior to gems), nor do they say they're animal-kin or use emoji's and fart sounds as Gender Pronouns
    ...and most of the Tumblr users that do that are actually trolls

• Special Snowflake

Hmm, well I definitely take your word over my own concerning this. It's just I know Rebecca Sugar used to draw yaoi, and a site like tumblr exists for such personal works to be easily shared. There are many anime fans on the site; most pages I've seen allude to anime some way or another. The way the show portrays "my feels" seems tumblresque to me. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Memento Mori

• Toonami

bnmjv said:

Hmm, well I definitely take your word over my own concerning this. It's just I know Rebecca Sugar used to draw yaoi, and a site like tumblr exists for such personal works to be easily shared. There are many anime fans on the site; most pages I've seen allude to anime some way or another. The way the show portrays "my feels" seems tumblresque to me. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

the only gem that ever showed genuine love towards humanity was Rose....the surviving 3 Gems are basically just continuing her mission because A. they loved Rose, and B. if they go back to their home planet they'll be killed on sight

the main 3 gems overall feelings for the earth range from "I can be myself here cause humans don't understand fusion", "I loved rose and abandonning the mission would shit all over her memory" and "I live here"

Steven's reason is literally just "they told me to"
    ,Peridot's reason is "Yellow diamond doesn't agree with me so Screw her I live here now"
    and Lapis....hates the earth, she's only there because she likes steven and homeworld is basically communist russia now

• IB

Speaking of tumblr, Steven Universe tumblr fans are the worst. So bad that they almost got an artist to commit suicide because she slightly altered the skin color of one of the characters.

• Toonami

Greeny said:

Speaking of tumblr, Steven Universe tumblr fans are the worst. So bad that they almost got an artist to commit suicide because she slightly altered the skin color of one of the characters.

actually it was because she didn't Draw Rose Fat enough for their liking (even though she's far less fat in the actual show than she ever is in fanart so the artists art was actually MORE accurate)

• IB

Just as dumb of a reason. The point is most tumblrites are pieces of shit.