Vodka Soaked Caviar
3432   82

• Toonami

my food stamp card covered this(''>_>'')...it really did have Vodka in it....I question why it was allowed, cause the card doesn't allow alcohol...but apperently allows food, with alcohol in it

• Rants

More details, please.

Where did you buy the caviar?

Where was it located in the store?

How much did it cost?

ASMB Member since March 23, 2004.
    If brevity is the soul of wit, then abbreviation is the death of the soul.

• Toonami

Arrem_Lowlander said:

More details, please.

Where did you buy the caviar?

Where was it located in the store?

How much did it cost?

wallmart.....and it was cheap....by caviar standards anyway, maybe about 10 dollars

• Thunder Goddess

Sounds like a waste of vodka.

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish
    "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" -- Stephen Wright

• Banned

I spent husbando's entire food card on Leeks! thank you food stamps!

CV01

• Rants

"Those minimum wage workers who can’t make enough and need to go on food assistance? Well, Walmart isn’t paying for those food stamps (now called SNAP), you are. The annual bill that states and the federal government foot for working families making poverty-level wages is $153 billion. A single Walmart Supercenter costs taxpayers between $904,542 and $1.75 million per year in public assistance money. According to Florida Congressman Alan Grayson, in many states Walmart employees are the largest group of Medicaid recipients. They are also the single biggest group of food stamp recipients. In other words, those everyday low prices at the chain are, in part, subsidized by your tax money. Meanwhile, an estimated 18 percent of food stamps (SNAP) are spent at Walmart."

Source: https://www.thenation.com/article/walmart-wages-are-the-main-reason-people-depend-on-food-stamps/

Hence, your illicit purchase has helped to perpetuate a vicious cycle that keeps low wage workers, like yourself, down.

Bummer.

Oh... Vodka soaked caviar. Correction.

• Toonami

Arrem_Lowlander said:

"Those minimum wage workers who can’t make enough and need to go on food assistance? Well, Walmart isn’t paying for those food stamps (now called SNAP), you are. The annual bill that states and the federal government foot for working families making poverty-level wages is $153 billion. A single Walmart Supercenter costs taxpayers between $904,542 and $1.75 million per year in public assistance money. According to Florida Congressman Alan Grayson, in many states Walmart employees are the largest group of Medicaid recipients. They are also the single biggest group of food stamp recipients. In other words, those everyday low prices at the chain are, in part, subsidized by your tax money. Meanwhile, an estimated 18 percent of food stamps (SNAP) are spent at Walmart."

Source: https://www.thenation.com/article/walmart-wages-are-the-main-reason-people-depend-on-food-stamps/

Hence, your illicit purchase has helped to perpetuate a vicious cycle that keeps low wage workers, like yourself, down.

Bummer.

not my fault, the goverment's fault, I only got on the snap program cause I'm unemployed and impoverished right now

• Rants

No, it is your fault.

You irresponsibly took advantage of the situation.

You spent taxpayer dollars on an food item with low comparative nutritional value that had vodka, an ineligible food item (see: http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligible-food-items) in it.

You shopped at Walmart, a retailer that benefits from 18% of food stamp purchases and actively hires low income workers in order to perpetuate the profit that it makes by doing so.

I hope you read this again when you sober up because you, as a consumer and an American, have a responsibility not to hang yourself with the rope that you're given in your time of need.

• Banned

I'm the victim! I'm downtrodden and impoverished
    buys vodka caviar on the tax payer dime

Still not surprised

• Toonami

Arrem_Lowlander said:

No, it is your fault.

You spent taxpayer dollars on an food item with low comparative nutritional value that had vodka, an ineligible food item (see: http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligible-food-items) in it.

You shopped at Walmart, a retailer that benefits from 18% of food stamp purchases and actively hires low income workers in order to perpetuate the profit that it makes by doing so.

I hope you read this again when you sober up because you, as a consumer and an American, have a responsibility not to hang yourself with the rope that you're given in your time of need.

shouldn't it have been excluded though?, I can't buy paper products or cleaning products with the card, and if it was an ineligiable item it would've been removed from the card

that's how it works....I can't buy liquor with it

if anything Wallmart should be in trouble for selling it as if it was a regular food product

Arrem_Lowlander said:

Could you sound any more condescending?

"What do you mean lower myself? That's the only thing I've ever been. Just a simple human that couldn't save a little girl" -Edward Elric

• Toonami

scope85 said:

Arrem_Lowlander said:

well he is just a troll so shrug

the card AUTOMATICALLY excludes anything not elligable for the card...INCLUDING liquor...for some reason food with Liquor ADDED to them are not excluded....if anything WALLMART should be in trouble for selling items with alcohol in them without a liquor license, not me, I wouldn't have been able to buy the Caviar AT ALL if they were considered an excluded product

• Special Snowflake

You sound like an Ayn Rand fan lololololol

Memento Mori

• Rants

Indeed they should.

But it's your responsibility not to selfishly take advantage of Walmart's wrongful practices.

• Banned

Oh man so this is what our tax dollars are paying for.

tha pirate king

Total Kudos Received: 74

• Rants

scope85 said:

Arrem_Lowlander said:

If you disagree with what I said, then please post why instead of insulting me.

• SwimLegend

Arrem_Lowlander said:

No, it is your fault.

Shut up, Scoob.

09/13/03

• Rants

bnmjv said:

You sound like an Ayn Rand fan lololololol

Explain your remark, please, with secondary supporting materials.

If you can't, then I suggest you take your personal attacks, along with your logical fallacies, and go away, little troll.

I don't need a button to ignore banned users like you.

• Toonami

Kudasai said:

https://media.riffsy.com/images/54451401d52c0dd2fe9ee5752857d53c/raw

indeed....I mean yeesh, the card automatically excludes any product not eligible, if I was able to buy it at all then that means it's eligible, and it's not even the vodka they're upset about, it's the fact that I'm getting assistance which they've decided is a threat to them somehow