I don't think Bernie actually wanted to be President.
1129   33

• IB

The way he just laid down for Hillary.

He didn't really stand a chance from the outset, but by virtue of the nature of competition somebody had to try.

• Banned

When did he do that?

Hail to the king.

• IB

He would have had a chance if the system weren't so corrupt in Hillary's favor.

He's using hyperbole. I thought it was obvious.

• IB

brian_boru said:

When did he do that?

When he endorsed her.

• Banned

You do realize in order for Bernie and his delegates to attend the Democratic convention he had to endorse her, right? You do know that's one of the rules.

Hail to the king.

• IB

brian_boru said:

You do realize in order for Bernie and his delegates to attend the Democratic convention he had to endorse her, right? You do know that's one of the rules.

Even so, I actually wanted to see him run as an Independent.

• Banned

He can't run as an independent because he missed the cutoff date to register as one.

Hail to the king.

• IB

Yeah, and we all knew the system was rigged against him many months ago. I'm sure he knew it too.

• Toonami

Greeny said:

The way he just laid down for Hillary.

no, he just realizes she's the lesser of two evils....unlike his Supporters

Hillary as President would basically just be another 4 (or 8) years of Obama, Electing Trump would be 1 year of Adolf Hitler then our Allies turn on us and Nuke us pre-emptively

• IB

Yeah, he's literally Hitler. We know.

• Banned

• Check It Out!

Bernie either had his life threatened or had no spine all along.

Given that he's been a man of principle since his early days in politics, and that it's no secret that government can make people disappear, I'm willing to bet...

• IB

Oh I don't doubt that one bit. It'd say it's pretty much a guarantee that Hillary has had people killed before.

• Banned

I think Bernie just wants to see anyone other than Trump in the office at this point. Unlike most politicians the man seems to genuinely care about people and he probably sees Trump as the epitome of everything he hates about Conservative. It is understandable from that perspective since he's not going to have a realistic chance to be President this election at least, he's taking the second best option, which is No Trump.

I admire the man for being able to put his principles aside for the pragmatism of loving his Country and the citizens in it. The whole situation is sad though. I would have considered voting for him to be honest, and I don't even agree with any of his economic positions really. I just think he's the most genuine and compassionate candidate in the race.

As It stands I may cast my Vote for Hillary because of Trumps adoption of Mike Pence who I think is a despicable fundie retard, and everything that is wrong with Career politicians that want to stamp on other people's civil liberties and literally do not regard facts as reasons for enacting law. My half hearted like of Trump has pretty much disappeared since he chose him as his running mate.

There is always Gary Johnson, who I do think is a good person and I agree with way more than Hillary, but unfortunately because of the way the current political system works and the attitudes of the polarized general populous there is close to 0 chance in hell that a third party candidate will even get close to winning this year.

• IB

You don't think Hillary represents everything wrong with career politicians? You do know she accepts funding from countries where they throw gays like you off of roofs, right?

• Banned

Yes I know that, and I know she's corrupt. It is not a good choice. I have to at this point weigh the options though. If I vote for Trump, I at best get a gamble that he can help fix the economy with whatever non-disclosed economic plan he has in store to return jobs to america. But in addition he comes with the authority of the Presidency in the hands of the GOP. Which since they've adopted official points about directing government funding to conversion therapy into their official platform this year.... which btw is basically a torture technique born of pseudo-science that is not approved by any actual medical or psychiatric association in the western world.

I think that pretty much cans the idea of voting for Trump for me. Unfortunately I can not in good conscience vote for someone who while may not personally hate me or want to hurt me, would probably go along with a Republican controlled congress if such bills were passed into law. That is a distinct possibility and not one I would really like to experience, as I appreciate not being subjected to forced electro shock therapy to my genitals for hours.

Hillary may be corrupt, stupid, criminal, and even dirty in bed with other countries that treat gays badly and kill them. But, at least she wouldn't enact such things here in the U.S.

Best out of a bad situation at this point. It pains me, because if there was any other realistic option on the table I would take it in a heart beat. I have a strong dislike of career politicians, especially the dynasty politicians that are ultra corrupt.

• Check It Out!

• Banned

I watched this. I was genuinely interested to hear the views of far left activists of this nature. I don't normally go out of my way to hear what people on the far right or far left are saying.

While there are a few things I agree with that they say... that is the crux of the problem with this Country and the political system. I think we all realize something is wrong with the way our Government is currently operating. But these guys have it wrong, their views are fundamentalist in nature. They are as much zealots as the crazy ultra conservatives like Mike Pence and Ted Cruz.

Zealotry, and fundamentalist ideals are the problem on both sides. It is not that one side is completely right and the other completely wrong. What people like this do not consider is that most people are average, not normal because normal is an ideal that doesn't exist for people. But it's more like a spectrum, most people are of average IQ, education, physical ability and so forth. They do not want nor do they identify with the ideologues that are trying to get into power in this country. While Hillary and Trump are actually very close to the center in personal views and positions, it is those that they represent by party affiliation that are the problem.

This goes back to my point about, Trump carrying the executive branch power into the far right Conservatives reach, even if he is not personally far right himself. He will be used by proxy by everyone else in Washington, because while you may elect one outsider that is not a career politician or is not pro-establishment or status quo like Bernie Sanders, you have not solved the underlying issue of the ineffectual government structure. At one point before hundreds of years of experimentation, adaptation and even significant tampering by special interest groups which represent fundamentalist ideologies and/or greedy corporations, we had a system that was the best we could possibly do for ourselves. Especially given the living conditions and governments of the rest of the world.

It is almost to the point where something else significant is going to have to happen to completely change the way our Government and Society operate and take care of our citizens to adapt to the current needs of an ever growing populous, great discrepancies in education and wealth gaps, rampant access to technologies that can not be effectively or safely preserved without getting out of hand, and light speed transfer of information all over the globe within seconds.

These are things that are new and extremely different ways in which the human race exists and all this has only happened really within the last 25 years give or take. Our overburdened and bloated government already in the hands of those who need power to further their goals was not and is not capable of adapting to modern needs of Society.

So, again we are left with a choice here. In the current system in weighing the two realistic options before me. Would I like to vote for a man that will likely be used by the far right to hurt me and greatly hinder my civil liberties? Or do I go with the corrupt negligence of the moderate left and hope they make better decisions and progress this time around? To me the answer is, I would not rather move backwards and be physically or mentally harmed any more than the current society is already doing now. And, I understand that something drastic is going to have to change to make a real difference, but I do not think the answer is going to come from a single election to be honest. It is something we are going to have to build up and let explode at this point. And that scares me, but for now I choose to live with what I've got and hope that the lesser of two fundamentalist powers will do some good or act better for the time being.

• Banned

You were banned. It fills you with determination