are lip piercings as easily infected as everyone says
741   32

• SwimStar

i was thinking about getting one + my eyebrow and ears
    general piercing advice thread i guess?

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."
    "Those are all different things, right?"

• Thunder Goddess

I don't know about lip piercings, but I do know that cartilage piercings (in your ears) are hard to take care of when they get infected - the circulation is pretty poor, so if you're taking an antibiotic, it's hard to build up an adequate concentration in the affected tissue. My sister finally gave up and pulled hers after the 3rd or fourth one over 6 or 8 years - now shes got this little area that feels like a puppy dog ear, only not fuzzy, just limp.

“None of us are saints.” – Albert Fish

Happy Banned Books Week! Take a gay penguin to lunch today!

• SwimStar

i've read that they're the easiest to take care of/clean, but that sounds pretty bad.

"Right. Because it seems to me that you’re exhibiting symptoms of depression, low self worth and anxiety."

• SwimStar

i have to get work soon pls bump

I don't have piercings so I will talk about something I don't understand.

Naw, go for it!

It's great when you enjoy things.

• SwimLegend

I dunno about lips. Tongue is simple and not easy to get infected. Eyebrows have a habit of rejection where your body pushes them out. Nipples are also a problematic piercing.

Oh bother...

• Swimuminati

i think lips usually do okay as long as you're not catching them all the time or have bad mouth hygiene. eyebrows tend to get pushed out by your body like pooh said. cartilage i've heard pretty mixed 50/50 reviews of. i know a couple people with their conch pierced and its never really healed 100% from when it was pierced. its any wonder why years later they keep up with it.

this is all what i know from people i've known through the years with many facial piercings. i've never personally wanted any but am thinking of getting my upper lip frenulum pierced. it's something i've sort of always wanted despite the fact that those too, can have a tendency to be rejected and pushed out by the body. at least there would be no visible scars.

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?
    less teeth and more tits its never enough. you'll never be good enough.

I think by "infected" people mean the ones who get lip piercings are try-hard viruses who just crave attention with the piercing saying "Im not like those other girls/guys. Im deep and artsy. i dont care if people dont agree with me, im too cool."

Your lip wont get so much infected as much as you are the infection.

Money is a motherfucking joke.
    Forty bald eagles sewn onto a coat.
    Zoo with the crib, mermaid in the moat.

• Swimuminati

meh... its sort of no different to me than when people get the hair done in unnatural colors, wacky styles, or tattoos....

but i also just don't care what form of physical self expression people are into doing.

am I smilin enough? am I smilin too much? am I tucked in and buckled, do my tits touch? hi, how are you, how high are you?

Its just really cringe for me.
    We get it, youre a special snowflake, have a tumblr and love to take pictures of simple things while putting on a black and white filter on it cuz youre 2deep5me.

• Swimuminati

there are so many people with piercings, its hard to imagine any of them think they are snowflakes. then again, most of the people i know with many, are punk kids/adults that don't even really use the internet, much less use social media.

though, i will say that i've recently noticed that nearly 3 out of every 5 females under 30 that i pass in a given day, have at a septum piercing and i find that a little giggle worthy. still though, to each their own.

Not all piercings.
    Some are fine with me.
    But like septum piercings, big lip piercings, ridiculous gauges and anything that you can tell they got just to get attention.
    Its fine if you wanna express yourself...
    Just like... Expect that some people wont like it and will judge you on your appearance cuz thats the very first ting we see.
    I know DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER but at the same time some books covers are a wonderful way to learn about the book!
    Your actions have consequences.
    Just like how my actions being a asshole have consequences too.

• Banned

They can be, I have a buddie that has a bunch of piercings. I like them on him, it suits him. Also I find it attractive and kind of fun looking on alot of guys. :P

Also tattoos.... love body art as long as it's good or beautifully designed. :)

Yeah I would definitely look into some of the details more before you do it though. You could also go into a place that does the piercings and talk to someone that actually knows alot about them.

I know there are alot of different potential risks for every type of piercing or body modification in general.

• Banned

Hmmmm I was going to say something about p***ses and the frenulums that are attached to them but I realized you were talking about a different frenulum lol.... nevermind haha.

• Banned

Lip piercings are the only ones that really gross me out. There's just something inherently unpleasant about them that makes me think of cold sores.

• Swimuminati

One thing I never thought of when I got my ears pierced is if I was allergic to anything....I was...silver apparently >.>
    just another thing to think about...

I checked, i'm not a werewolf

dude I swear this time is different. I swear before god, buddah, my dead grandma, and asmb. i will never drink again.

-Phillies 8/15/2016

Kind of. I had my lip ring for about four years and then it rejected. They can reject at any time.

• Babbling

I had my left nipple pierced a long time ago. I had to clean it with Bactine to keep it clean. What sucks is when you snag it on something.

• IB Banned

lol
    "as long as you're not catching them all the time"

The Hound.
    @Naraku4656 said:
    > IB's last thread was by Viperslayer

• SwimStar

the more i think it through i dont really want more than like two piercings, and im almost positive i'd catch a lip piercing on something. i thought eyebrow piercings were kind of safe tbh. my friend has had an industrial piercing for like 3 years now and i think she's only gotten it infected once.

• SwimStar

idk man, i haven't browsed tumblr regularly since 2012 i think.
    i just thought it'd be cool to have a lip piercing.